• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Woman 2
ieiMKJfRaFuLI.png
I can't
One man should not have to hold all these feels goddamnit

Welp, guess I'm gonna start watching Toriko. My friend called me yesterday and I kept hearing him humming that guts song for the Toriko OP. He told me he started watching it so I thought I'd start watching it too. I always loved the names of Toriko's moves is silverware, and that it has very wacky character designs kinda like One Piece. I still detest that he's powerful at the beginning of the show but I'll eventually get over it.

I'm on episode 6 so far.

Happy Birthday, Gintoki313! A pity you couldn't tell us this earlier.]

Happy not-birthday anymore!

Thanks! I was kinda busy 2 days ago so I only got on GAF for short reply's.

Welp, guess I'm gonna start watching Toriko. My friend called me yesterday and I kept hearing him humming that guts song for the Toriko OP. He told me he started watching it so I thought I'd start watching it too. I always loved the names of Toriko's moves is silverware, and that it has very wacky character designs kinda like One Piece. I still detest that he's powerful at the beginning of the show but I'll eventually get over it.

Too bad the second OP is just not as good.

Oh well 90 or so episodes for you to go!

/XX/

Animated music video done by Yoko Kuno (久野遥子) for the song 'Airy Me' by Cuushe, via Wataru Uekusa (@WATARU336):

Cuushe - Airy Me on Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/70463623

Presents 3,000 cels/frames for little more than 5 minutes of animation:

Exclusive: Cuushe's Kyoto Dream-pop | Dazed Digital
http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/16650/1/exclusive-cuushes-kyoto-dream-pop

It's pretty entertaining. Not the best drama ever but if you dig stories about robbers and all that stuff it's fun.
I see. The music alone had me intrigued for this!

Heartcatch Precure - 7

So the beginning issue of this episode was that the Light Music ClubFashion Club needed more members, and they needed to go the student council president to get them.

I forgot how adorable Erika could be in this show.

em5z9DK.png

>"Move"
>"Talk"
>"Present"
>"Examine"

Ok, so it turns out this president boy is a girl, shattering our main character's love interest in a matter of three minutes. I remember feeling the same way in FE:A when it turns out that
Libra was a girl the moment I got him. Having him marry someone certainly felt awkward.

These villains are practically treating this whole world-conquering thing as some kind of past time aren't they? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised seeing the big dark overlord playing chess with someone while someone goes "I'm gonna go beat the Precures, brb"

OH LOL. It's about time these
Desetrian things turned on their master. Cobraja got the Team Rocket treatment.

Don't get me wrong, I actually kind of like these villains because of their stupidity. It's been a while since I got a good laugh out of seeing villains fail so hard.

And so, this episode was a "just be yourself" kind of episode I guess. Nothing too crazy, but seeing
Cobraja get kicked by his own monster made the episode for me.

CorvoSol

Corvy kun, love you to death but you're like the little kid who is told not to stick a knife in the electrical socket and then you take a cutlery set to it lol.

True story: I actually did stick the knife in the electrical socket as a kid. Possibly after I was told not to.

Ah, but Corvo,
if AO is set before E7 canonically, then where did Secrets come from, and where did they go? And why has scub coral appeared on earth through all of human history, contradicting its origin in the original series?

Also, just so you don't beat yourself up any more than you're already doing, I'll tell you that nobody besides Ao is related to Eureka or Renton.

AO is set before but also after E7. It's "before" in the timeline and in that it shows an Earth prior to the conquest of the Scub Coral, but "after" in the sense that the time traveling shenanigans in the plot have already altered that Earth considerably.

THANK YOU.

I see Corvo got around to watching th movie. Good job. Glad you liked the Renton and Eureka dynamic. It was really nice to watch and offered a somewhat different but still relatively the same perspective from the TV series. =D

The only complaint with the Renton x Eureka aspect I have is that I can't really be sure that the romance was well done, or that it was Renton and Eureka in love and so I bought into it because the TV show had already won me over. It was nice to see Eureka and Renton at least partially switch rolls, though.

Yeah. The last few minutes disappointed me. The part when they were in the mecha was really sweet to see though although very sad. T_T

The last few minutes were straight up the end of Zeta Gundam. So it didn't hurt that bad 'cuz I'd been through that already.

You're almost there. Just sit back, enjoy the ride, and don't fight it.

You should have known what was coming from the impressions. Yet you still chose to hurt yourself so.

Kayos said it was worth it!

Some one still trusts BONES?
LOOOOOOL

It's more like I'm only now catching up with everyone else's reason not to trust them.

Subjecting himself to terrible experiences despite repeated warnings is a very :corvo thing to do.

Red warning signs are green lights to me.

Still voting for Corvo's usertag to be Mecha Masochist

As long as we all remember that I do watch things I like from time to time.

cnet128

Banned
Free! 3

Hm, I quite like the new guy, even if he is a massive male tsundere.
Who can't swim, luls.
And wow, there seems to be a real push for a pairing between him and Nagisa in this episode. With those two paired off and Haru paired with Rin and/or water, poor Makoto is going to wind up all alone at this rate.

Or he could get together with Gou and have a non-gay relationship I guess. But lol that's crazy talk.

Hattori

Banned
On one hand, great looking computer. On the other hand, getting used to a completely different operating system. Grr...

I'd vote for you.
Not that there's a vote. Or that I actually would. Sorry.

It's not that hard to learn, and you can always install Windows to ease the transition.

Free! 3

Who can't swim, luls.
And wow, there seems to be a real push for a pairing between him and Nagisa in this episode. With those two paired off and Haru paired with Rin and/or water, poor Makoto is going to wind up all alone at this rate.

Or he could get together with Gou and have a non-gay relationship I guess. But lol that's crazy talk.

Are the characters in Free actually gay though, or is is it fan fiction. Kinda like how some people thinking girls pecking each other means they are lesbians.

I finally watched the first episode of Silver Spoon, and ehh... lets' say it has a slow start. I hope later they have better jokes and more charismatic characters.

Free! 3

Who can't swim, luls.

I thought we're going with Rin's dead and this is all coming to terms with his death. So Haru could end up with Makoto.

cnet128

Banned
Are the characters in Free actually gay though, or is is it fan fiction. Kinda like how some people thinking girls pecking each other means they are lesbians.

It's ambiguoooous of course!

...But they spend so much time flirting with each other that it really doesn't make any difference.

Yes! Precure 5 - 03

Lemonade? gais you're just pulling random words out of a hat now aren't you. Cute hair-curling action though.

Also, lol mantis dude got rejected already. Two screw-ups and he gets dropped down a hole and replaced with some froggy kid. I'm sure he'll be back, but still, this Nightmare lot are definitely harsher on their members than the DotsukuZone guys or Dark Fall ever were. Those villains screwed up many times in a row and never got any punishment worse than a few words of reprimand. This guy screws up twice and he gets suspended from duty.

It makes a certain amount of sense though. I mean, Mantis guy's Kowaina was only able to wrap one Precure up and hold her in the air helpless until a new Cure appeared to rescue her. This guy's Kowaina was able to wrap two Precures up and hold them in the air helpless until a new Cure appeared to rescue them. If we keep escalating at this rate, the Cures are going to be pretty screwed when the bad guys come up with a Kowaina with five tentacles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom