• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive EDGE info blowout, with more coming tomorrow

I highly doubt this will be 60 fps. The game has far too much going on being an open world title with a sense of speed. Not to mention the graphics are pretty nice.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if anyone's interested, Insomniac partnered with the design firm i love dust for some of the graphic design elements and UI stuff

they're the guys who designed the logo:

2309275-sunsetoverdrive.jpg

gaming_noob

First screenshot doesn't show enough...waiting more to judge. This game sounds like Crackdown XXL which is a good thing.

wotta

p.s Who is gonna be first to moan about it being sub 1080p?

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/sunset_overdrive/news/sunset_overdrive_is_currently_sub-1080p.html

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Scans look pretty good. It's hard to tell if the visuals are impressive or not but the colors are fantastic

The visuals are good in the direct feed screens in the magazine. You can't zoom them (as far as I can tell), but they look strong enough. The explosions and fire are cool, they have a kind of cartoony look to them. The equivalent kind of game for this gen so far, I think, is Dead Rising 3 and it looks heaps better than that.

Kydd BlaZe

Damn...I really need to see these screenshots that everyone is freaking out over.

I'll admit, I haven't been the biggest fan of Insomniac over the years. Didn't really like much of their output last generation, but this game has my attention. Remaining cautiously optimistic, but everything about this game sounds pretty awesome so far.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
cutscene?

If its gameplay, reminds me of ratchet on rails sections...

Yes, boss fight. The caption says that even during fights the game is going to be a mix of platforming and fighting.

[edit] The game mentions Tony Hawks a lot...but honestly I hope it's more like SSX.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow, phil wasnt full of shit - it does look (at least as good) as last years cg trailer. hot damn.

better yet, the game sounds like a blast. so hyped!

shandy706

Absolutely love all the colors. Non-stop action and a ton of flash sounds GREAT!

I'm really liking the games Microsoft is backing so far. I hope they keep up the variety of "AAA" games. Great or not, I'm happy they're trying to deliver on so many things/options. A Roman era action game, an open world zombie game (with 1000s of zombies instead of 10-20 on screen), a first person shooter with mechs and more fleshed out movement than the usual shooter, a sim racer, a next-gen fighting game from our nostalgic past, and this crazy taxi/JSRF/Tony Hawk/Melee/Shooter/I don't know what else crazy game.

This game has slowly gone from "Meh, it's just another 3rd person shooter" to "Holy crap..this feels like some crazy Dreamcast era Sega game".

Makes me smile.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/sunset_overdrive/news/sunset_overdrive_is_currently_sub-1080p.html

Don't give the slightest bit of a crap. I don't mind technical discussion, but I'm sure it will be a wonderful bullet in the pocket of those who wan't something to slight it with.

If it's fun...and beautiful in motion...give it to me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They call out cover shooters in the preview as well, saying that they think there's fatigue setting in among gamers for games where you have to hide behind cover all the time.

I need game play. The animations are gonna make of break this game I think. If it is fluid and over the top with lots of content it might be MY goty.

Bgamer90

Banned

Good colorful art at 900p is perfectly fine to me.

Edit: Reminds me... I have the HD remake of Jet Grind Radio for the Xbox 360. Would say that it has a similar style to Sunset Overdrive in terms of color. Looks fantastic. 14 year old game in 720p. Not worried about Sunset Overdrive looking bad.

I'm all for doing a OT for this game. Would be a absolute blast

I'd offer a helping hand, but you (of all people) probably don't need one. :p Seriously, though, that's great! I admire your dedication to your past OT's, and am very excited to see what an OT for this game turns out to look like.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The back of the PC's jacket in the screenshots says

'The Sleepless

IG

So. Cal.'

lol

[edit] wait, tetsuya mizuguchi oversaw sega rally? mind blown.

excowboy

This is how to market your game - the website and twitter are giving just the right amount of detail and insight into what appears to be a bunch of dumb fun. Can't wait to see more ...

I'd offer a helping hand, but you (of all people) probably don't need one. :p Seriously, though, that's great! I admire your dedication to your past OT's, and am very excited to see what an OT for this game turns out to look like.

Thanks for the offer :)

Don't get too excited though now that Emcee is a mod if he gets wind I'm thinking of doing another OT he might perm me.

Top Bottom