• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I'm just baffled. I loved Souls so much, and this just... did... everything good.

I'm having trouble processing this.
This game is surpassing my insane expectations that I placed on this game. It's more perfect than I ever could have imagined.

Miyazaki is truly the best in the business at his craft.

First Black Gravios down.

Good god that was a challenge that was great. I loved the fact that breaking the back disables his body discharge attack following the beam, but doesn't disable the discharge when used as a singular attack.

beinfilms

Ok, here's top 10, kind of in order of preference, and kind of in order of when I thought of them:

10. X-COM: Enemy Unknown
9. The Secret of Monkey Island
8. Red Dead: Redemption
7. Halo 3
6. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. L.A. Noire
4. Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword
3. The Last of Us
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Metal Gear Solid 3

(That's without franchise repeats, or I'd have several Metal Gear, Mass Effect, Halo and Monkey Island entries. Also, it'd be more than 10 entries)

Also, P3 will probably make this list, but with the exception of Civ 4 and X-COM, these are all games I've beaten, and I'm actively playing P3. (I'm really bad at dealing with permadeath, or I'd have beaten X-COM.)

Shackzam

giphy.gif

Ilvocare

Well sorry guys I don't have the greatest taste, I'll just go back to my shitty games then

I don't think the majority of them are shitty games, rather that the ones you listed fell under my personal realm of "good-ass" game.

I'd think San Andreas is the best one on there but

well I've never really played GTA so...

semisonic

Banned
I forgot a few games because I've played literally all of them and it's hard to remember that much
1. Skies of Arcadia: Legends
2. NieR
3. Project M(Also melee because it's the same goddamn game but more unbalanced)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Fire Emblem 7, the best Fire Emblem with the Best GIrl.
Sierra. By which I mean Lyn.
6. Suikoden III I guess because I haven't played 2 yet
7. Banjo Kazooie
8. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
9. Shadow of the Goddamn Colossus
10. Xenoblade Chronicles

I wanted to put a Mario Game in but I couldn't decide between Galaxy 2, Paper(both 1 and TTYD) and 3D world for sheer fun and content played, so I just put Metroid Prime in there instead. Lists are hard.

So in all the reviews of bloodborne and impressions and stuff i always heard that ammo for your gun was really limited. I have 20 on me and 99 bullets in storage....

I don't think the majority of them are shitty games, rather that the ones you listed fell under my personal realm of "good-ass" game.

San Andreas is the second best gta imo. It's just after 5 and before vice city.

Ok, here's top 10, kind of in order of preference, and kind of in order of when I thought of them:

10. X-COM: Enemy Unknown
7. Halo 3
6. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
4. Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword
3. The Last of Us
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Metal Gear Solid 3

(That's without franchise repeats, or I'd have several Metal Gear, Mass Effect, Halo and Monkey Island entries. Also, it'd be more than 10 entries)
Mass Effect 1 >>>>>>2>3.

Took out games I've never played, they're all good games.
Civ 4 best civ.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
9. Shadow of the Goddamn Colossus
Uhm... I like those two.

Tako

Chrono Cross is a game I don't hate, but it is definitely not a sequel to Chrono Trigger.
The game is really good and I loved it. I loved Chrono Trigger but that game didn't have this beast

I didn't get much choice on the games I got when I was younger so eh...But now that I'm an adult I can buy whatever I want. Especially creepy anime games for the vita

I don't think I've ever played a video game in a long time where bosses feel like fucking bosses and not just tougher enemies.
I can't even think of the last time I got that hype over a bossfight, I think it was like MGR and DMC3.
So in all the reviews of bloodborne and impressions and stuff i always heard that ammo for your gun was really limited. I have 20 on me and 99 bullets in storage....
Yeah I have 18-20 at almost all times. They drop shitloads, and I'm always running around with 20 health items. Super fucking generous.

Hey, I really liked that game. I can forgive its faults for all of the great stuff it did, like the interrogations, and the entirety of the homicide desk (I fucking love Rusty.)

Also, the credit song made me tear up a little, which I don't often do for games.

I think LA Noire is the most angry I've ever been playing a game.

That hasn't been a problem for me either. Maybe it is in issue later in the game or for people who are use to relying on shields?
I don't think I've ever played a video game in a long time where bosses feel like fucking bosses and not just tougher enemies.

The two that I have encountered so far have been great.
Father G
in particular is stellar.

beinfilms

Mass Effect 1 >>>>>>2>3.

Took out games I've never played, they're all good games.
Civ 4 best civ.

I like 2 better than 1 primarily for the character development. I'll freely admit that 1 had the better plot, but I really enjoyed getting to know the characters, and seeing them grow.

Read: you can romance Tali in it.

I can't even think of the last time I got that hype over a bossfight, I think it was like MGR and DMC3.

Yeah I have 18-20 at almost all times. They drop shitloads, and I'm always running around with 20 health items. Super fucking generous.

I've also stopped using the gun and am just using my Transformed
Ludwig's Holy Blade +6

Zenfalcia

I literally beat the first boss and got into the beggining of the sewer section. Died and then quit because I had to do homework.
Ah, okay. What weapon are you using?
The fucking level design
is THE FUCKING BEST I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN ITS LIKE THE BEST METROID GAME EVER
The first level.. Hnnngg...
IT'S A GODDAMN CITY WHERE YOU GO DEEPER INTO THE SEWERS AND THEY EVEN GIVE YOU BUILDINGS TO EXPLORE.
I think people are griping about only having 20 bullets at once. They probably use it as an attack rather than a parry weapon.

I like 2 better than 1 primarily for the character development. I'll freely admit that 1 had the better plot, but I really enjoyed getting to know the characters, and seeing them grow.

Read: you can romance Tali in it.
The beginning and end of ME2, having played it immediately after ME1 showed through super hard as awful awful awful plotstuff. It got me kinda buttmad and it getting dumb at the end kinda sealed it. I admit the middle is a pretty dang solid game.

The two that I have encountered so far have been great.
Father G
in particular is stellar.

Just beat him right now. And not just beat him, fucking abused him. Only used like 4 blood vials too and none
on his last form.

God damn it, this game feels fucking amazing. The level of care, craft, everything is just on another level

Ilvocare

I forgot a few games because I've played literally all of them and it's hard to remember that much

8. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

I'll just stop you right there. Tropical Freeze is fantastic, but DKC2 is the clear superior.

I didn't say it was the best mash-up, I just posted it here because it went up super recently.

Also I honestly think there's too much clutter happening in ILMFH for it to be best mash.

Skla, you might be right.

This two screen battle system is so cool!

And the music!

Not just me, its a universally loved game. Glad you're enjoying it, because it only gets crazier and better from there.

Its a mechanically deep game, but can still be enjoyed by anyone looking to have fun. Its a perfect game for basically anyone and is a game that can only exist on something like the DS, without making major changes to its combat mechanics.

beinfilms

The beginning and end of ME2, having played it immediately after ME1 showed through super hard as awful awful awful plotstuff. It got me kinda buttmad and it getting dumb at the end kinda sealed it. I admit the middle is a pretty dang solid game.

Yeah, on replays, I rush to the middle, and sit there as long as I can. It's not a great plot, and some of the fights are kinda bullshit (fuck Harbinger and the praetorians), but I really, really enjoy the new characters introduced in the game, and the expansion of the characters from ME1.

Top Bottom