• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 3: You are Friender, Want Emancipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man I don't think I can wait for amazon to ship DR2 tomorrow, I might just go pick up a copy right now.

Mine is supposed to get delivered today from the NISA Store, but I suspect it'll arrive after the mailroom closes. *sigh* The wait for tomorrow is going to be annoying.

If yours is coming from Amazon and not shipping until tomorrow, I'd just go to a Gamestop to grab a copy.

Zenfalcia

0zViErX.jpg

I'm really glad they apparently just fucked up with the banner and decided to not comment it at all for an entire day and that the lack of an actual release date during the month it's supposed to get released doesn't mean it's getting delayed...but how do you fuck up a banner like that?

That's easy, be Atlus.

I kinda regret watching the anime before playing the game. Since it'l change my experience since I know who's the killer and how to solve all the cases.

Well, the anime is fucking terrible and leaves a lot of stuff out, like most character development, but there's no real "How to solve" each case, it's a linear game like Phoenix Wright, so the gameplay and stuff is still fun.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I kinda regret watching the anime before playing the game. Since it'l change my experience since I know who's the killer and how to solve all the cases.

Aw, that sucks. You watched the anime for both? I've heard they're not very good, unfortunately, and really don't do the story justice.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watched the first three episodes of Bojack Horseman a little while ago.

Good stuff. Matt was right to recommend it (though I caught a couple commercials for it before I heard him recommend it, his recommendation was what made me decide to watch).

Mr.Towel

0zViErX.jpg

I'm really glad they apparently just fucked up with the banner and decided to not comment it at all for an entire day and that the lack of an actual release date during the month it's supposed to get released doesn't mean it's getting delayed...but how do you fuck up a banner like that?
Remember that post I made earlier about them getting date formats confused and it's actually going to be 11th of september? Yeah, that guy was actually probably right. Expect it to be released Thursday next week.

Atlus Europe

Zenfalcia

Well, the anime is fucking terrible and leaves a lot of stuff out, like most character development, but there's no real "How to solve" each case, it's a linear game like Phoenix Wright, so the gameplay and stuff is still fun.

So I've heard, but I enjoyed it regardless. Atleast it introduced me to the game, so i'll pick it up after I'm done playing Phoenix Wright: trials and tribulation or even Dual Destinies.

Aw, that sucks. You watched the anime for both? I've heard they're not very good, unfortunately, and really don't do the story justice.

Sorry, I mean I watched the anime for the first danganronpa. There's no anime for the seqel, that I know of. It's probably better if you watch it as to compliment what you already know from the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sorry, I mean I watched the anime for the first danganronpa. There's no anime for the seqel, that I know of. It's probably better if you watch it as to compliment what you already know from the game.

If it's any consolation, I've been told repeatedly that Dangan Ronpa 2 is better than Dangan Ronpa 1. So, at least you haven't spoiled yourself there.

Mine is supposed to get delivered today from the NISA Store, but I suspect it'll arrive after the mailroom closes. *sigh* The wait for tomorrow is going to be annoying.

If yours is coming from Amazon and not shipping until tomorrow, I'd just go to a Gamestop to grab a copy.

Lets hope yours arrives before the mailroom closes then!

And yeah, Im just gonna go to gamestop. I forgot to pre order on amazon, out of hope that I could find the LE on nis if someone canceled.

Then im just gonna lock myself in my room and play for like 15 hours straight. Which I haven't done since playing through 999.

I have to wait for some money to come in before I can go pick my copy up and it's driving me nuts.
That sucks man. Be sure to stay away from spoilers, although at this rate it seems unavoidable.

So I've heard, but I enjoyed it regardless. Atleast it introduced me to the game, so i'll pick it up after I'm done playing Phoenix Wright: trials and tribulation or even Dual Destinies.

It's still a fun game even if you know everything, especially if you like that type of game.

And yeah, the sequel anime is coming later. But no, it's not good even as a compliment, you just get annoyed at the cool parts left out and the pacing is way too fast. It also has pretty shitty animation, and it's just not very good overall.

Still have to wait until Friday. Smelly Uropean here.

I'll watch you play
and remind you constantly that Sayaka died so early

I remember slowbeef worked on a fan translation of dangan ronpa? Unless I'm wrong?

I'm already over that.
Everybody keeps dying and killing everyone so who cares at this point.

Pretty sure he worked on a translation for Policenauts.

Zenfalcia

It's still a fun game even if you know everything, especially if you like that type of game.

And yeah, the sequel anime is coming later. But no, it's not good even as a compliment, you just get annoyed at the cool parts left out and the pacing is way too fast. It also has pretty shitty animation, and it's just not very good overall.

I have a feeling I'll enjoy it like how I enjoyed Phoenix Wright
Except Justice for All.. It pales in comparison to Trials and Tribulation in everyway.

I have REALLY low standards for anime. Knowing me, I'll still probably watch the anime regardless.

curiousrobot

Neo Member
WHAT? HOW? WHEN?

"In August 2008, Something Awful forum member Michael "slowbeef" Sawyer began experimenting with approaches to add text to the PlayStation version of the game which led to a revival of the project. The patch was released to the public at midnight (JST) on August 24, 2009, to coincide with Hideo Kojima's 46th birthday." - Policenauts wiki.

;O

Zenfalcia

I'm already over that.
Everybody keeps dying and killing everyone so who cares at this point.

Pretty sure he worked on a translation for Policenauts.

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE SCHOOL OF DESPAIR.

People die when they are killed.

Ah, you're probably right. I remember he worked at translating some game, but i couldn't quite remember.

Which show exactly?

Watch PG play Dangan ronpa.

"In August 2008, Something Awful forum member Michael "slowbeef" Sawyer began experimenting with approaches to add text to the PlayStation version of the game which led to a revival of the project. The patch was released to the public at midnight (JST) on August 24, 2009, to coincide with Hideo Kojima's 46th birthday." - Policenauts wiki.

;O

Did the folks at SA even finish?

I NEED TO KNOW! I have Policenauts on my bucket list.

All I remember was that slowbeef was involved in some way.

He just really liked the Let's Play and played an imported version of the game because he couldn't wait. He also did a good job marketing it on their podcast which I heard some people say got some attention on the game which helped with a localization, but that's all hearsay.

Zenfalcia

He just really liked the Let's Play and played an imported version of the game because he couldn't wait. He also did a good job marketing it on their podcast which I heard some people say got some attention on the game which helped with a localization, but that's all hearsay.

I might have heard it from their podcast? I used to listen to it. And I probably confused it with the podcast where he talked to a guest LPer who was doing an LP of Dangan ronpa on SA before it got a localization.

I might have heard it from their podcast? I used to listen to it. And I probably confused it with the podcast where he talked to a guest LPer who was doing an LP of Dangan ronpa on SA before it got a localization.

That was it. The guy doing the LP was the one translating it.

It would seem they did finish it indeed, back in 2009.

They even replaced Japanese graphics within the game.
"Complete 100% English translation of all Japanese graphics and text to English. There is not one character of Japanese left in the game - including opening and ending credits."

Im so very much against pirating because of reasons but this is one of those cases where I don't think I'll even get a hands on copy of the game, so I might dip my toes in the waters.

Those guys are terrible, imagine them with a YouTube channel.

I got my eye on you...

I know you're not Matt but I have to keep this going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom