• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker: Twilight Princess course + Wolf Link costume live

maxcriden

super-mario-maker-wolf-link-2-656x369.jpg

Another new costume and Event Course have come to Super Mario Maker. Once you’ve completed the Twilight Princess HD level, you can unlock Wolf Link as an outfit. Using the Wolf Link amiibo also unlocks the costume.

Here’s an overview of the Event Course:

“While exploring the Twilight Realm in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, somehow Link and Midna’s souls have found their way into Super Mario Maker.

Now, to protect peace throughout all worlds, they must seal away a new menace – Bowser Jr., who has split himself in three!”

Via Nintendo Everything:

http://nintendoeverything.com/super...event-course-with-wolf-link-costume-now-live/

I played through it a few moments ago. It seems like one of the better event levels, with a bunch of well-hidden stuff.

What's with Nintendo's insistence on calling levels courses?

Surprised a course was made and it wasn't just added it as one the unlocks for the new difficulty.

Makes the Amiibo unlock essentially pointless as it takes probably a minute to get that specific costume anyway.

Then again it's an opportunity to promote the HD rerelease.

I played through it a few moments ago. It seems like one of the better event levels, with a bunch of well-hidden stuff.

Course is the English word the games have used even in Japan for a very long time, and level implies a progression that doesn't really happen here. Course brings to mind an obstacle course which is an apt description for a Mario stage.

jholmes

These updates just won't stop! I was figuring this would be tied to the amiibo or unlocked via 100-Mario Challenge, so it's cool to know I'll be grabbing this costume soon.

Course is the English word the games have used even in Japan for a very long time, and level implies a progression that doesn't really happen here. Course brings to mind an obstacle course which is an apt description for a Mario stage.

Yeah, it's definitely the Japanese influence.

FyreWulff

they always have.

course
level
board
screen
map

have all been used through vidja history

Top Bottom