• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go the extra mile, we should get a brand new render for all of them.
Not only for marketing purposes but to use them in the CCS, icons, etc.
I'm sure they'll get a render for the CSS, if only so you know which one you're picking. They'll probably get their own icons too, since Wario had two in Brawl.

Also, can you say "Koopalings series Amiibos"??? Works with Mario Kart 8!

Game Guru

I would guess Dr. Mario would share a trailer with Bowser Jr. since they are both Mario characters, but Dr. Mario is a vet so doesn't need one. Dark Pit could be added as an extension to Palutena's trailer since the trailer seems to work good for that. Duck Hunt would get a trailer reminding you what exactly Duck Hunt is.

Toxi

Banned
Like M.O.D.O.K?
Yeah, that's close to what I was thinking.

She would also have a lot of zoning options in the form of turrets, laser cheerios, and that eye beam (Which could maybe be charged from small blasts to the hyper beam). What would also be cool is if her model reflected battle damage, with a glass jar surrounding her that gets broken over time.

Neiteio

I saw a few people freaking out about this picture or whatever and just full disclosure to avoid any future misunderstandings or people trying to use this as a legit leak or something:

That was a youtube guy's mockup of a 'clean' version of the roster's art, which I put onto my 3DS just to see how good it looked with the character icons at that size, on a real 3DS screen. Ain't nothin' real about that. (other than the characters that leaked, those are all real. gonna main dark pit)
Speaking of Dark Pit, it's odd the guy who cleaned it up changed Dark Pit's image. He's supposed to look like this:

uK8qQX4.jpg

Ahnez

If the Koopalings are alts, there will absolutely be renders for them on the Character Select Screen. Not icons, but you'll see the renders when you switch between the alts on the character portrait at the bottom.
Probably, like Villager.. but 8 different renders for a single character sound a little too many :p

Speaking of Dark Pit, it's odd the guy who cleaned it up changed Dark Pit's image. He's supposed to look like this:

uK8qQX4.jpg

Yeah, he must not have seen that particular image from the leak, because all he did was flip Pit's official art and recolor the hair.

I don't think he was aiming for 100% accuracy though, just a cleaner roster image.

Neiteio

Probably, like Villager.. but 8 different renders for a single character sound a little too many :p
Hey, they went to the trouble of creating eight different models for the same character, it's not that much extra work to make eight renders

Zubz

Banned
I remember Nintendo talking about a Pikmin cartoon.
Is the project pretty much dead?

I think I remember it just being a side-project of Miyamoto's to make shorts to play before movies. Either way, I have no clue if anything came of that, other than one theater in Japan having a short Pikmin animation to do the whole "Put on your 3D Glasses NOW!" thing.

Kouriozan

I think I remember it just being a side-project of Miyamoto's to make shorts to play before movies. Either way, I have no clue if anything came of that, other than one theater in Japan having a short Pikmin animation to do the whole "Put on your 3D Glasses NOW!" thing.
I see :s

Crocodile

If we're getting Bowser Jr. with 7 Koopaling alts, there's absolutely no excuse not to create a universal Prime Hunter character that has Kanden, Weavel, Noxus, Spire, Trace and Sylux as alts.

"Space Pirate" (the black-armored Super / Zero Mission variant) would work really well as an Assist Trophy, too.

There is a reason: The Koopalings are well loved and remembered whereas next to nobody gives a shit about those other characters.

georly

All seven Koopalings as alts... That seems -too- good. Like the kind of thing you'd ask for but never reasonably expect a human being to implement.

The Koopalings were the only addition to the Mario Kart roster that ever made me hyped. I -love- those guys.

Might be why he's saving it for last. You save the best for last :p

Also

We still have 2 known newcomers with no intro video... and 9 days left... what's going on? Are they just not going to get one? We getting a mega blowout next week? Why wait so late? You know someone will leak it if you do it 'day of.' What if the intro videos are built into the 3DS game? It'll 100% get spoiled.

Can you imagine having to click on Bowser Jr that many times to get to all those colors and characters though. That's a bit much.

How is it any more than clicking through anyone else's alt colors?

Zubz

Banned
Yeah, that's close to what I was thinking.

She would also have a lot of zoning options in the form of turrets, laser cheerios, and that eye beam (Which could maybe be charged from small blasts to the hyper beam). What would also be cool is if her model reflected battle damage, with a glass jar surrounding her that gets broken over time.

Between this and Metroid Prime, I didn't realize there where so many options we could have for another Metroid rep! And we owe it all to MvC3, surprisingly!

... And yet we're going to get nothing...

Toxi

Banned
Between this and Metroid Prime, I didn't realize there where so many options we could have for another Metroid rep! And we owe it all to MvC3, surprisingly!

... And yet we're going to get nothing...
Well yeah, the focus of Metroid has always been on Samus exploring new worlds, not meeting new characters. That's why Smash 4 is going to introduce a bunch of varied and exciting Metroid stages instead.
We need a new Metroid game, then they can not put a second rep in the next Smash, right?
Ask DK.

How bad are controls for KI:U on an XL?
Better than KI:U on a normal 3DS, but my hands still cramp like hell midway through a stage - and these are long stages.

It's such a shame that a game with writing as compellingly funny as KI:U can be so physically painful to play. I want to see it through to the end (finished the Pyrrhon arc, last I played), but at the same time I like my hands not aching like hell a great deal more, so I haven't touched it in a good while.

That said, others have had no cramps at all, so YMMV.

Also

We still have 2 known newcomers with no intro video... and 9 days left... what's going on? Are they just not going to get one? We getting a mega blowout next week? Why wait so late? You know someone will leak it if you do it 'day of.' What if the intro videos are built into the 3DS game? It'll 100% get spoiled.

Why do you think they have to show all newcomers?

Jawmuncher

Also

How is it any more than clicking through anyone else's alt colors?

Wait I just thought about it and now i'm dumb.
Was thinking of brawl and wario how you had to keep clicking for the alt.
While here you could go to the alt and then from there go to the colors.

Was thinking of 64 color's/alt on Bowser jr where only clicking on him would get you there.

Rip Snake

Every Snake's Fan favorite cake now.

georly

Why do you think they have to show all newcomers?

They don't, but they should. Maybe not duck hunt dog, since he's 'game and watch' level of 'secret wtf,' but definitely bowser Jr.

Also, I figured sakurai would formally announce the 'last' newcomer video, but we'll see.

Better than KI:U on a normal 3DS, but my hands still cramp like hell midway through a stage - and these are long stages.

It's such a shame that a game with writing as compellingly funny as KI:U can be so physically painful to play. I want to see it through to the end (finished the Pyrrhon arc, last I played), but at the same time I like my hands not aching like hell a great deal more, so I haven't touched it in a good while.

That said, others have had no cramps at all, so YMMV.
Dang, guess I'm going to play it and hope for the best. Sounds very good otherwise. Thank all for your input in the controls.

Ahnez

They don't, but they should. Maybe not duck hunt dog, since he's 'game and watch' level of 'secret wtf,' but definitely bowser Jr.

Also, I figured sakurai would formally announce the 'last' newcomer video, but we'll see.
Im expecting a reveal just one day before release.. maybe :p

Jawmuncher

Since were nearing the end of this thread anyway the hell does this mean.
Was in the Smashfic Comments.

anonymous
i know who wrote this ill keep myself anonymous but its one of tye smash gaf and also if any of the smash gaf out their: think back 2 years ago what character were more popular back then and what characters are most wanted now was it the same or was it different because 2 year ago the character were finalized so think.

R.I.P. customary "R.I.P. Snake" thread title. You will not be missed.

Every thread title will be snake until he comes back.

georly

Im expecting a reveal just one day before release.. maybe :p

I think that if it's been shipped to stores... it's too late for a newcomer trailer. Someone will have footage of them, and it totally steals the thunder, way more than the leak did.

Worse, even, if the newcomer trailers are packed in on the cart.

Well, I guess there's still the option of next week. :) Or even after J release. I'm sure the PotD will continue after the 3DS version releases (probably first with lots of 3DS shots cause the game'll be out in the wild), up until the Wii U version.
There's still the Wii U-specific modes and stages to go through.

Edit: Also I think the character trailers (since Sakurai said -every- character would have one in the game, not only newcomers) are going to be Wii U-exclusive. The quality of the CG footage was super high quality. Nothing the 3DS could handle.

Fandangox

Since were nearing the end of this thread anyway the hell does this mean.
Was in the Smashfic Comments.

Its like one of those miiverse comments without commas that are completely unintelligible.

Also what happened to this thread? Weren't there 2000 posts to go yesterday or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom