• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a odd question, but is there anywhere that has the SSB4 character trailers for download on my Vita? And direcly on my Vita using its web browser. (I can download Back in my Play episodes on it so I assume I can download videos too.) Recently moved and at the moment, have shit internet so its impossible to watch YT videos, and I love rewatching the trailers.

I can borrow my mom's cell phone most of the time, but it only has 2.5GB a month and I use that up quickly and I want to save it for ya know, any newer videos I may want to watch later in the month.. so a way I can watch locally would be nice, and its not feasible to download them on anything but my Vita.

Its really weird, I know theres a huge difference between a web page, YouTube, and downloading, but when NeoGAF loads up half as slow as before from my old house, YouTube is basically unplayable and I download about a MB every couple minutes when it used to be every two seconds. It doesn't add up but I don't know much about such things.

And when I say NeoGAF is half as slow, I mean like six seconds instead of three per page lol.

Has anyone chosen their main yet? I usually choose who I love and then worry about their style of fighting later.
It's hard to say without having playtime, but I feel like I have a pretty good idea. Mario's always going to be my mainmain, but Robin / Greninja / Mega Man / Little Mac all are going to be in my mains rotation. Unless I just suck horribly with one of them.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I voted.

But now I realize, could we say a character whose already been deconfirmed? A character we were hoping for in Smash 4, and still hope for in Smash 5?

About my main.

Well possible new Lead Main as I use more then 2 characters. Wii Fit Trainer is the one im looking forward the most.....and I totally see her taking over my main leads which were Peach and Zelda. I love field control characters so Rosalina is a fun character to look forward too. And I anxiously wait for Shulk.... <.<

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I voted.

But now I realize, could we say a character whose already been deconfirmed? A character we were hoping for in Smash 4, and still hope for in Smash 5?

I don't really want to think about Next Gen Smash because of several reasons.

1. We haven't know full roster for this Smash. I'm embraced for any characters being cut.
2. Smash 5 potentially have more newcomers but more characters that would get cut.
3. We don't know anything about Nintendo's new consoles so it's still too early to think about tit.
4. Let enjoy what we would get in couple of months! :D

Watch Da Birdie

I might give in and go with Chorus Kids if they're fun enough.

For now though, Greninja. Love the character, and he looks to be similar to Lucario, my Brawl main. But I'm hesitant because tons of people will likely use him.

If K. Rool gets in, then him.

I'll at least stick with my Brawl Main, ZSS, initially. I hope to play regular Samus as well especially as I like her new design much more than the old one.

My Mii Fighter will probably be after as I love their inclusion and how they're handled. They can't be main because of online and playing on different systems.

Wii Fit Trainer is the one character who could become my new main character. She'll certainly be in rotation.

If Shulk's in I'll learn him just because I'm a big Monolith Soft fan. Though I may have to finish Xenoblade first.

I haven't played Pokemon X (just got it from the Best Buy B1G1 sale) yet but Greninja interests me as I always pick water starter and I really like his design (I also hate Charizard). Him and Lucina are characters I'll add to the "I'll pull out for fun pile". I like her design so much I'll buy that Figma of her but probably won't play her game.

If either Dixie or Ridley gets in the initial roster or through DLC I'll add them to the for fun pile.

I voted.

For sure. PM if you want to change it and I can fix it.

Also, still getting a lot of great responses! The most wanted newcomers are all over the place.

random25

Has anyone chosen their main yet? I usually choose who I love and then worry about their style of fighting later.

In the event that there is no playable Ridley or Dixie I plan to get extremely good with;

1: Donkey Kong
2: Bowser
3: Charizard
4: Little Mac

These 4 have little to do with zany projectiles almost fight entirely with just their limbs! Just the way I likes it! This will also be my choice of characters if Dixie in included but uses bananas, a feather gun and some sort of BS rocket barrel.

I'd love to get good with Sonic as well but playing against really really good Sonic's showed me I'm just not very capable with that kind of speed.

1. Kirby. Always my main from N64 days, even if he's severely nerfed over time :(
2. Megaman. My favorite character of all time.
3. Mario. Pretty much my 2nd most utilized character in Smash.
4. Marth. For some reason I'm good with him in both Melee and Brawl. And his slashes are pretty satisfying.
5. Sonic. My 3rd most favorite character. I've used him a lot of times in Brawl
6. Pacman. Completing basically the Retro 4. :)

Out of the newcomers the character that appeals to me the most is Wii Fit Trainer. Mac is up there but him being a character of extremes doesn't exactly appeal to me. Greninja and Mega Man also interest me. The rest? Eh. I'll try them out and see who I'll end up actually liking.

2. Smash 5 potentially have more newcomers but more characters that would get cut.

Honestly, if the development of the series so far is any indication, I think Sakurai doesn't like the notion of cutting characters.

So far, the only characters that didn't make it ever were the 5 characters cut from Melee to Brawl. And there was a good reason for those characters not making it, as well - Young Link got transformed into Toon Link, Pichu was a clone and joke character, Roy and Dr. Mario were clones (and arguably not particularly popular characters), and Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints likely caused by the inclusion of Sonic.

I also don't think that we'll see a lot of cuts from Brawl, if any. The only one I see truly in danger is Snake, and that's cause he's 3rd party. Beyond that, I only can see Ivysaur and Squirtle getting cut in favor of spreading the Pokemon roster into more than just Gen 1 and Lucario.
I also don't see Young Link, Pichu or Roy returning, but I can see Dr. Mario and Mewtwo coming back easily.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't really want to think about Next Gen Smash because of several reasons.

1. We haven't know full roster for this Smash. I'm embraced for any characters being cut.
3. We don't know anything about Nintendo's new consoles so it's still too early to think about tit.
4. Let enjoy what we would get in couple of months! :D

Yeah, true. Actually the character I put is one who has "missed their chance"...popular and the in focus recently, but by the next system will likely be forgotten.

Personally though I think Takamaru, Splatoon Girl, and someone from Project S.T.E.A.M. are the top contenders right now.

Personally though I think Takamaru, Splatoon Girl, and someone from Project S.T.E.A.M. are the top contenders right now.

It really depends on how popular those games end up being. If the internet buzz about Splatoon is any indication, Inkling has a good chance. Not sure about Project STEAM, but it's certainly possible.

Anyway, that's years from now, and that's talking about the sequel to a game that isn't even out yet. lol

Forkball

So there are thirty PotDs before release left.

There are anywhere from 10-15 unannounced characters.

C'MON SAKURAI

Let's take guesses on how many will be officially revealed before launch. I say... four, and most in an upcoming direct.

What if Sakurai reveals Pichu today

I'd be surprised.

I wonder how long after release until the first "What do you want in Smash 6?" thread is made.

A few days after the roster is leaked from Japan, if even that.

So there are thirty PotDs before release left.

There are anywhere from 10-15 unannounced characters.

C'MON SAKURAI

Let's take guesses on how many will be officially revealed before launch. I say... four, and most in an upcoming direct.

1-2 newcomers, 2-3 vets.

emb

I wonder how long after release until the first "What do you want in Smash 6?" thread is made.
Wasn't there a Smash 4 thread right after Brawl released? Or maybe it was just after the final roster was confirmed. I remember one happening way too early.

Edit: Well, I couldn't find the thread (and maybe I made it up?), but here's this at least: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362705. It's a whole year later though. :\

Don't believe it. The same rep apparently didn't know how Final Smashes work. Sounds like one of their demo attendees, not someone who'd actually have real knowledge of the full roster.

Also, worth noting, Sakurai himself said that Ubisoft modeled Rayman's trophy. If Rayman were a character, Sakurai's team would've modeled Rayman themselves and then based the trophy off their own work.

So yeah, Rayman's not playable.

I'm not so convinced. Ubisoft may very well have sent off that model as the prototype for a Smash version of the IP (as they would want to retain some creative control.)

All we know is that the trophy model was made by Ubisoft. Doesn't mean the animations or any extrapolations from it (and any other mockups they surely sent) aren't being engineered by Sakurai's team.

That being said I'm totally on #teamRayman so take that for what you will.

Fandangox

The way I choose mains in fighting games is always the same.

My two criteria are "Do I like the character and his/her personality?" "Do I like their gameplay style?"

The first one is how I ended up maining Johhny (Guilty Gear), Law (Tekken), Frank (Tatsunoko Vs Capcom) Iron Man (Mvs3), and because I like their games, Falcon and Ness.

The second one is how I ended up maining Chipp Zannuf, Slayer, Lee Chaolan, Yatterman, Toon Link, etc.

Sometimes there's an overlap with both. Like I like Captain Falcon, and I love his playstyle.

Sometimes, not matter how much I like a character, I really can't get into their playstyle, and I don't play them (Snake)

I'm thinking all the newcomers will be revealed before launch, and there will be no "secret" characters. A few more vets are probably on the way, too, but a few might be left over.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, if the development of the series so far is any indication, I think Sakurai doesn't like the notion of cutting characters.

So far, the only characters that didn't make it ever were the 5 characters cut from Melee to Brawl. And there was a good reason for those characters not making it, as well - Young Link got transformed into Toon Link, Pichu was a clone and joke character, Roy and Dr. Mario were clones (and arguably not particularly popular characters), and Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints likely caused by the inclusion of Sonic.

I also don't think that we'll see a lot of cuts from Brawl, if any. The only one I see truly in danger is Snake, and that's cause he's 3rd party. Beyond that, I only can see Ivysaur and Squirtle getting cut in favor of spreading the Pokemon roster into more than just Gen 1 and Lucario.
I also don't see Young Link, Pichu or Roy returning, but I can see Dr. Mario and Mewtwo coming back easily.

I agreed with you but I understand the notion that Sakurai would like to not cut many characters as possible. A problem is that if we want more newcomers then the roster would get bigger everytime we are getting sequels. They wouldn't able to have a lot of times to putting every single characters from Smash 4 into new Smash. They might ran out of time before they manage to add everyone to the game. Again, we can't really predict what would happens in the future. I really hope that they would minimize the cuts for Smash fans. I'm not sure if I would be there for next Smash Hype. Well, It's unlikely I would.

Yeah, true. Actually the character I put is one who has "missed their chance"...popular and the in focus recently, but by the next system will likely be forgotten.

Takamaru is plausible if he manage to get a reboot game between the development, and I'm very curious with what they can do with Inkling.

jnWake

It's a shame that Rayman isn't more succesful/iconic. He could be a good character and the music in Origins/Legends is just too good.

SmithnCo

I'm thinking all the newcomers will be revealed before launch, and there will be no "secret" characters. A few more vets are probably on the way, too, but a few might be left over.

If they made newcomer trailers for all of them, I think so too. Sakurai has realized that people put up all videos and secrets online anyway, with his comments about SSE.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not so convinced. Ubisoft may very well have sent off that model as the prototype for a Smash version of the IP (as they would want to retain some creative control.)

All we know is that the trophy model was made by Ubisoft. Doesn't mean the animations or any extrapolations from it (and any other mockups they surely sent) aren't being engineered by Sakurai's team.

That being said I'm totally on #teamRayman so take that for what you will.

Well, they just disconfirmed Rayman today, and emphasized that Rayman wouldn't be playable character for Smash 4. Perhaps you might have better lucks with DLC (If it actually happens) or Next Gen Smash.

Right now my list of potential candidates is looking like this:

Greninja
Samus
Charizard
Yoshi
R.O.B.
Palutena
Kirby
Pit
Robin
Villager
Pac-Man
Ridley

I'll probably do my best to get good with everyone, though, mainly focusing on that core list. Edit: Forgot Villager. He's super hype. Screw it. Add Pac-Man, too. He's too cool, man.

Neiteio

Here's a fun topic:

Which yet-to-be-revealed veteran do you think will look most impressive in SSB4, if they're in fact in the game?

This question is inspired by Ike. Remember how blown away we all were by how great he looked in SSB4? The sculpted armor, the bright colors, the physique, etc. What other veteran could also impress?

For example, I bet Wario will look super-expressive... But I'm probably most excited to see what Ganondorf looks like. He's a very complex and detailed character design, which I think will look great in HD, and the brighter color scheme should make his fiery orange hair stand out. :)

In the event that there is no playable Ridley or Dixie I plan to get extremely good with;

1: Donkey Kong
2: Bowser
3: Charizard
4: Little Mac

These 4 have little to do with zany projectiles almost fight entirely with just their limbs! Just the way I likes it! This will also be my choice of characters if Dixie in included but uses bananas, a feather gun and some sort of BS rocket barrel.

I'd love to get good with Sonic as well but playing against really really good Sonic's showed me I'm just not very capable with that kind of speed.
Definitely Little Mac so far, though I could see myself finally using Donkey Kong more due to his buffs.

Here's a fun topic:

Which yet-to-be-revealed veteran do you think will look most impressive in SSB4, if they're in fact in the game?

This question is inspired by Ike. Remember how blown away we all were by how great he looked in SSB4? The sculpted armor, the bright colors, the physique, etc. What other veteran could also impress?

For example, I bet Wario will look super-expressive... But I'm probably most excited to see what Ganondorf looks like. He's a very complex and detailed character design, which I think will look great in HD, and the brighter color scheme should make his fiery orange hair stand out. :)
Honestly, I'd probably go with Ness. He's a simplistic design, but this new art style really would make him pop. Mario is such a simple character, but he looks amazing.

SmithnCo

Here's a fun topic:

Snake
, or Dorf.

Neiteio

Honestly, I'd probably go with Ness. He's a simplistic design, but this new art style really would make him pop. Mario is such a simple character, but he looks amazing.
Actually, the bright/bold colors and soft skin tones should make Ness look really solid, which will be nice :)

Frolow

Banned
Here's a fun topic:

Snake could really stand out if they update his suit with extra details and such.

Here's a fun topic:

Definitely Ganondorf, followed by Wario for the reasons you stated. If the Fox is any indication Falco and Wolf aren't going to look like much of a jump over their Brawl versions, I don't think they can really do much more with the IC/Mr. G&W visually either and the Earthbound/Mother twins also have intentionally simplistic designs. The most significant improvement your'e going to see for them is a much stronger palette.

It seems like realistic characters are benefiting the most from the jump to HD in SSB4, so I guess if he isn't cut Snake would also look really nice?

since people are speaking abut mains i will probably be maining sonic,pikachu,lucina,and palutena but i will probably try everyone out first

will probably have some competitive characters as well just because :p

Well, they just disconfirmed Rayman today, and emphasized that Rayman wouldn't be playable character for Smash 4. Perhaps you might have better lucks with DLC (If it actually happens) or Next Gen Smash.

Cause if you mean this:

“In the recent interview in Canada about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Rayman was mentioned, and this was referring to the previously announced Rayman trophy in the game.”
^ this does not de confirm him as playable

My core five are...
Captain Falcon
Ike
Zelda
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers

Added to this will be the newcomers...
Little Mac
Palutena
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Pac-Man!?!?! (This is shocking, because I don't usually go for guest characters.)

I try to give everyone a go, old and new, every once and a while anyway. All characters will get their time in the sun on my 3DS/Wii U.

For characters I want try out in SSB4:

- Mega Man
- Little Mac
- Rosalina & Luma
- Pit
- Mii Gunner (Depending, I need to see all the moves and default set.)
- Pac-Man
- Charizard

Here's a fun topic:

I have to choose Ganondorf on that one. I think we will be absolutely wowed for him, and I definitely cannot wait to see him.

Here's a fun topic:

All of them really. But if I had to choose...Wario, Ness and Lucas. (Hopefully!)

I'm in a big Mother mood now so I'm really excited to see the kids, especially with the current art style. Brawl was a bit dim with its colors so I didn't feel like it did them justice. Wario...mostly for the expressions and seeing the bike all sleek and shiny in HD.

Also, I'm curious if Wolf is gonna get a new design.

Here's a fun topic:

R.O.B. has the most potential to look absolutely fantastic if they include the hardware-themed color schemes/costumes I've mentioned before in this thread.

Imagine a GameCube-purple/black R.O.B., or an all-white Wii-themed R.O.B. with blue glowies and particle effects. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom