• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

ygPU9sQ.gif

Best one yet.

Yeah, I doubt they'll reveal anything as big as a character at SDCC. They could get a lot more Smash fans watching by just announcing an upcoming character reveal trailer like they did for Robin. That said, it's getting down to the wire, so I'm sure we'll get another character sometime during the life of this thread.

Another newcomer trailer on Monday? I like this idea.

Neiteio

I'm not surprised OT10 went so quick. We got two newcomers in one trailer, plus the fan favorite veteran. Of equal importance, the trailer basically rewrote the narrative on "Gematsu as gospel." Along with discussion of how Robin works and Lucina's clone-dom, and some surprisingly strong Miiverse updates (Star Fox stage, etc), we had enough hype to coast to 200 pages, easy. :)

JoeInky

I was watching the GX cutscenes again and I'm reminded that we need the Ballad of Captain Flacon in this. (Chapter 8 spoilers)

Somewhat better version

And yes, we need a remix of it like the DK rap in Melee, it's a fucking glorious theme tune.

Every character needs a DK Rap/Ballad of Captain Falcon style song.

"when myopic confsuion threatens your lunch, Falcon will be unleashing a falcon puncd" are the greatest lyrics ever conceived, doesn't even make sense.

Neiteio

August should be full of bombshells, because after that there's just a couple weeks in September before the game's out in Japan. Reviewers should have their copies before then, as well, since they'll need time to assess the game.

I'm not surprised OT10 went so quick. We got two newcomers in one trailer, plus the fan favorite veteran. Of equal importance, the trailer basically rewrote the narrative on "Gematsu as gospel." Along with discussion of how Robin works and Lucina's clone-dom, and some surprisingly strong Miiverse updates (Star Fox stage, etc), we had enough hype to coast to 200 pages, easy. :)

Yeah, the PotDs for the last week and half have been topnotch; easily the best since I started following the pic every day, at least.

jvFlhrvOdXznL.jpg

Robin is just lovely.

Aesthetically, Robin probably my favorite character so far. Everything about this model is great (except in a couple of those shots when his neck looks super weird.) All the FE characters look great in this game.

Ahnez

If(when?) Ridley is revealed, about what will we talk/whine/joke about? lol

unrelated- What if they reveal the WiiU release date this weekend?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thank heaven he's on the right side
Or else there'd be nowhere to hide
Captain Falcon will always be bound
Hot on the trails, tracking rogues down
Give it up for the Captain!
Three cheers for the Falcon!

I can't believe this song has passed me by for so many years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom