• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Josephl64

Nailed it, especially the point regarding their genders being swapped. If Lucina was male and Dark Pit was female, Lucina would be the one everyone's whining about. Anyway, Dark Pit is an excellent, perfectly natural choice for a clone.

You really shouldn't generalize, I'm not a fan of Dark Pit which is why I wouldn't want him in, but it doesn't bother me. On the other hand Lucina has more of a personality than Chrom and is much more likeable as a character which is why I like that if there had to be a FE clone, that it's her.

Fifteenth thread? Choo choo!

5dd.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at the last stage. Though I guess the cycle could repeat itself.

yeaaaahhhh look at me in the wall of shame

Of course, negative opinions are to be squashed! Everyone who is disappointed in some way or another, leave this topic! We will not have your kind here. Positive posts or else! Love everything! Hate nothing! Criticism has no place!

Negative opinions are fine, but boy have we had a lot of dumb ones in the past couple of weeks

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just a reminder that 7 characters were cut to include the Koopalings as alts.

Thanks to them, Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie, Dante, Chibi-Robo, Issac, and Baby Bowser were cut.

Azuran

Banned
What about those of us that hate them both? Clones suck and are a waste of a good character. I like Dark Pit, but would have much preferred if he made his debut in Smash 5 as a unique character.

Let's be honest, Pittoo would have never made it to a Smash game without being a clone. I'm sure Hades, Viridi, and others would always take precedent over him.

Not

Banned
I feel like I've spent more time replying to these threads than I'm going to spend playing the actual game

TWILT

Banned
Woo new thread. Gotta say, I'm totally satisfied with the roster to the point there's not much I'd want left. Shulk (my most wanted character that had a realistic chance of getting in), Robin/Lucina (I technically wanted a FE:A rep at all, but two is awesome), Greninja (my favorite Gen VI Pokemon and one of my favorite Pokemon in general), Little Mac, Palutena and Mega Man! Not to mention, Ike and Lucario return, both characters I really like that I was concerned that may be cut. I don't even mind Dark Pit or Dr. Mario that much, and I think Duck Hunt Dog could be really cool.

October 3rd can't come soon enough!

Wait, why the fuck didn't I see this picture?
eX6OdMJ.jpg

So Samus gets no alts and Villager gets 7?
lol
I'd be nice if we could have some more Robin alts.
With Villager it makes a lot of sense, since he/she is a customizable character in Animal Crossing so there are ton of possibilities of how he/she will end up.

Azure J

You guys completely destroyed the last thread in between the last time I posted and now? My Lord, the thirst is far too real. :lol

Can't wait for the first impressions from Japan.

Rambaldi

I'm pretty satisfied with the lineup. The only thing I'd really want would be a Golden Sun character at this point.

Negative opinions are fine, but boy have we had a lot of dumb ones in the past couple of weeks
Like how everyone tends to deal with your ridiculous crusade against literally everything even remotely Skyward Sword related, sometimes it's better just to let it be and move on.

Kinsei

Banned
OK call me crazy, but I don't think that the suits from Prime and Other M are different enough to warrant one being an alt costume.

20140701172620!Varia_Suit_Echoes.png

photo32.jpg

Looks plenty different to me. They could also make the other suits the alt colors are based on her alts. I'd much prefer fighting in the actual light suit rather than a pallet swap.

Lunar15

Would duck hunt dog be the only newcomer to not have a stage on the 3DS version, if the leaked stage selection screen is anything to go by?

Is it sad that seeing the "every character has eight costumes, be those alts or colors!" PotD, all I can think is "man, Neorice has his work cut out for him"?

emb

I feel like I've spent more time replying to these threads than I'm going to spend playing the actual game
Depends on if you count reading in there too. Replying takes up a fraction of the time by comparison.

Even still, I dunno. I played 64 a ton as a kid, Melee bunches, Brawl constantly at release, and PM at several tournaments. I don't know if my time replying can touch my time in any of them so far. I guess with 4 it'll depend on how much time I can put into it.

But I can check and reply to this thread at work, so it gets a lot of use.

I just learned that that those of us who register both games will get a soundtrack through Club Nintendo. Smash is the gift that keeps on giving I swear.

best thread title in a long time.

it's not like dark pit, dr mario or lucina took any effort to put in the game. they are basically the same characters with some numbers edited. i remember being disappointed by clones in melee, but it was nice having additional options for characters you like the moveset for.

the only cut i'll truly be bitter about is lucas but that's because i really really liked mother 3.i still wouldn't view the clones as having anything to do with his cut though.

Top Bottom