• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm very happy about some of those alts.

I main Pikachu so it's great to see his goggles, wizard hat, and the alternate headband are all available. Koopa kids are fuckin great to have, Dedede has some nice designs, green Fox is good, Lucina has nice variety, I like the slightly more earthy tones Luigi, Wario-colored and Stars N' Stripes Marios are hilarious, pink haired girl Villager is closer to mine in AC, Palutena has some hot nice dress colors, Shirtless (I think that's all?) Shulk is hilarious for some drunken beatdowns, and Autumn Toon Link is clearly superior to the original.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I want to bring this post to here for some people's attention since the thread is moving little fast.

Hey has this been pointed out? Potentially interesting, so heres texture rips. https://mega.co.nz/#!I8tAQTxA!nPwyw_7tWJi96dzzCeOlsK_fTYdTLgXzPLRe4tqWsf0

Extract and search for chr_10_page you'll find these.
EL2JT9L.png
8OvNlkf.png

Their file names are "chr_10_page_1.tex (AFE29875-55.bin)_0" and "chr_10_page_2.tex (AFE29875-56.bin)_0" They are grouped and the same size as character select icons.

Checked out stages and the same thing exists too.
oy0GXfG.png
NzSyEjq.png

stage_10_page_1.tex (0DFEFCCA-39.bin)_0 & stage_10_page_2.tex (0DFEFCCA-40.bin)_0

Looks like something that could be used for DLC, doesn't confirm anything for sure as they could be left overs from when the CSS or such was bigger but yeah think this would fit so well with that current gap in the stage select screen.

Thanks for the renders. Funny to think that not too long ago I thought they were "obviously fake" and had the matching renders to prove it.
Here's the Word document that I was keeping up to date since Toon Link was announced (now complete):
Here's what it looked like originally, with all of my original predictions (and a lot of hopes too):
(Bold characters were confirmed, normal text were veterans, italics were newcomers I added)
I actually cut Bowser Jr. right after the Rosalina confirmation, and Lucina after Marth. Eventually, I replaced Isaac with Palutena because I thought she was a potential character when the fake images "leaked."

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I like where this is going....but that was a fast find though.

I already posted it in other thread but here is my opinion.

I'm going to suggest people to be cautious with the hype because it don't meant we would get DLC characters and stages.

It's possible that it could be old arrow buttons for old CSS before they decided to shrink down the icon sizes, and it could meant for DLC characters and stages. Who know!

I'm very happy about some of those alts.

I main Pikachu so it's great to see his goggles, wizard hat, and the alternate headband are all available. Koopa kids are fuckin great to have, Dedede has some nice designs, green Fox is good, Lucina has nice variety, I like the slightly more earthy tones Luigi, Wario-colored and Stars N' Stripes Marios are hilarious, pink haired girl Villager is closer to mine in AC, Palutena has some hot nice dress colors, Shirtless (I think that's all?) Shulk is hilarious for some drunken beatdowns, and Autumn Toon Link is clearly superior to the original.

Koopa Kids aren't in though. RIP Koopa Kids.
Also, you are wrong - Blue Toon Link is better than the original, and the Classic NES look.

Pikma

Banned
Guys, you probably don't give a shit since well, why should you, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving this hype train, my dog, who has been my companion and more than a brother to me for the last 13 years is really sick, it seems he may have cancer, but we're not sure yet, but obviously if that's the case then I'll make sure to spend all my time and money into his medical treatment. Even regardless of that, right now I don't think I have the energy to continue with you guys making my awful jokes and expressing my somewhat-fictitious controversial opinions just to piss people off.

So see you guys later, I promise I'll come back, maybe once the game is out, it depends on how everything goes I guess.

I love you guys, you're like a family to me.

Guys, you probably don't give a shit since well, why should you, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving this hype train, my dog, who has been my companion and more than a brother to me for the last 13 years is really sick, it seems he may have cancer, but we're not sure yet, but obviously if that's the case then I'll make sure to spend all my time and money into his medical treatment. Even regardless of that, right now I don't think I have the energy to continue with you guys making my awful jokes and expressing my somewhat-fictitious controversial opinions just to piss people off.

So see you guys later, I promise I'll come back, maybe once the game is out, it depends on how everything goes I guess.

Wow, that's awful. Best of luck to you and your dog.
My pet lizard died last year; he had some sort of cancer-like growth in his head and we had to put him down. I'm still pretty sad about it.

Mariolee

That's pretty heavy dude. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your dog. Hopefully everything turns out alright. :(

-Horizon-

You monster. I look forward to humiliating you in the field of battle... Or getting humiliated BY you. That's a thing, too. Either way, is your avatar just 7 Lucinas now?
You can easily fit in 10.

lol we shall see
for both parts of your posts lol

K-A-Deman

Dude, I totally understand. and just a bit of personal advice; make sure you let him know damn-near every moment of every day how much you care for him. pet him, give a treat, let him know you're paying attention. You never know when you leave for just two hours and come back to find him gone...

Are they the same?
I assumed by "using the Brawl model" you meant the same render, since a lot of these trophies are just straight-up asset rips, but are these just reposed?
The Ice Climbers trophy is indeed their Brawl model reposed. It's not their Brawl official render, but their actual, in game character model, just like Lucas and the Pokemon Trainer.

random25

Sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best in your dog's treatment.

Zubz

Banned

Best of luck, Pikma. I just had a dog of 15 years pass away recently; I can't know quite how you feel, but I can sympathize. I'm hoping for the best for you and your dog.
Thank you for never shoving me in a locker while I was a junior.

The Ice Climbers trophy is indeed their Brawl model reposed. It's not their Brawl official render, but their actual, in game character model, just like Lucas and the Pokemon Trainer.

That's a shame. I thought that since so many of these trophies just use the exact same models from other games, they would've done the same for veterans. I guess Ice Climbers really are gone then. Hopefully we'll see them back sometime, either as DLC, characters in the next Smash game, or even a new installment in their single installment series.

I'm really, really mad that even though there's a trophy for Yoshi's NEW Island in the game, the music hasn't made it in.

Zubz

Banned
Alright, review for people who missed out in 3DS OT.

Warning: It's just theory that people are putting together to see how it work (or look like) Credit to StarPhoenix and VaanRose.

MnO1848.gif

Aw cripes, it's finally starting to bug me. What's the first stage in the mock-up? I know the second one's Link Between Worlds, then its Butter Building, Sunset Shore, Yoshi's Island with Nep-Enut, and the Bullet Bill level from Mario Party: Island Tour, but I can't tell with that first example.

SuperSah

Banned

It has been a pleasure. Shoot me a PM every now and then and keep us updated on how things are.

Take care man.

We're still talking demo impressions in this thread, yes?

I've shared mine in the past, but last night before recording my podcast some of my friends got to try it out for the first time and I thought I'd share some general reactions.

First, everyone was surprised by how smooth the game was on 3DS, and none of them were expecting it to play so naturally. I had given a code to one of these friends, so everyone got to try out 1v1 and were too impressed by how well it worked playing locally against one another.

For characters, everyone was eager to try Mega Man immediately and everyone felt like he is going to take some getting used to. They then either jumped into familiar territory with Link or Pikachu, both of whom they reveled in the "tightness" of play and appreciated how each character felt a bit "faster" than they remembered from previous games. Most then tried Villager, and he ended up being a favorite amongst the group, citing his pocket ability and quirky attacks as the reason he was so fun to play.

Ultimately, the opinions came from people who play games constantly, but play Smash casually. From the thirty minutes or so of passing the 3DS around (and someone covering it in grease...) they all became really hyped for the game and are ready to grab it first thing on the 3rd. Not that they were on the fence or would never have picked it up, but most of them were waiting for the Wii U version or simply waiting to see what was up with the 3DS version.

I thought they were some interesting reactions from people who don't take the game as seriously as us here.

Playing the demo made me realIze the horrible placement of the XL's volume slider. Is this a problem for anyone else? Mine is refurbished and the volume slider seems incredibly sensitive.

Mistle

Aw cripes, it's finally starting to bug me. What's the first stage in the mock-up? I know the second one's Link Between Worlds, then its Butter Building, Sunset Shore, Yoshi's Island with Nep-Enut, and the Bullet Bill level from Mario Party: Island Tour, but I can't tell with that first example.

luigis mansion 2 (weird choice of pic)

Playing the demo made me realIze the horrible placement of the XL's volume slider. Is this a problem for anyone else? Mine is refurbished and the volume slider seems incredibly sensitive.
It hasn't troubled me but when my friend was using it last night he kept bumping it and knocking the volume up and down. I can see how it could be finicky.

Kouriozan

Alright, review for people who missed out in 3DS OT.

Warning: It's just theory that people are putting together to see how it work (or look like) Credit to StarPhoenix and VaanRose.

MnO1848.gif
I see, hope we'll indeed get DLC.
It probably won't bring back Ice Climbers but considering the next Smash game would be in 2020 or something it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom