• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitet said:
Yeah whatever. It's just a friend who's telling me it's fake because it has to say Orima instead of Olimar

Besides, a Iwata Asks video has footage of the Japanese version where one of the characters played was Olimar.

The name under his picture: Olimar.

Proven

Vitet said:
Yeah whatever. It's just a friend who's telling me it's fake because it has to say Orima instead of Olimar

Tell your friend that that's just the literal translation of the katakana. It's meant to be Olimar in english, and if they don't want to believe anyway, it's their loss.

Cowie

interesting point brought up to me by a friend, if they're all still in, the four original unlockable characters are once again unlocked.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Shit, just noticed Final Destination. The platform looks too small. Don't know if want. :/

OMFG!!! OMFG!!! OMFG!!!

EPIC INTRO FTW!!!

*squeals*

Damn! I want this game NOW! D: D: D: And so much for not spoiling myself *cries*

Proven

Geek said:
Not sure if this was posted, but RapidShare link to WMV source.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87451882/OP.wmv.html

Slightly better embedded version while you wait.

http://kotaku.com/349912/super-smash-bros-brawl-intro-sneaks-out-with-spoilers

About this resolution:

lucas_ness_cap.jpg

Ah ha! The Youtube version is off sync!

Those who felt the music didn't fully match (like me) quickly download from the rapidshare link.

Sharp

Wow, everyone watch the high-quality version now. It's a world of difference from the crappy compressed Youtube video.

In the higher quality version Geek just posted, I just noticed that there's a face reflected in the window above Fox.

Who's that? Andross?

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
MARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREEN HILL ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O M G

:lol

Jiggy

Mockingbird said:
Well the same leaker also said Ridley was unlocked by beating SSE with Samus, so his credibility is still up in the air.
Oh, good.
*puts Classic Mode back at the top of the list of stuff to do in the game first*

Proven

Also, someone make some screencaps of the beginning with the logo, please? That would make a great wallpaper, to be replaced by the english logo with the english release.

TenshiOni said:
In the higher quality version Geek just posted, I just noticed that there's a face reflected in the window above Fox.

Who's that? Andross?

Nope, that's just the reflection of the top of Fox's head.

PkunkFury

So if Marth is unlocked in Classic mode, how does he end up in SSE fighting alongside MetaKnight? I guess those parts of SSE are also unlocked?

Artanisix

PkunkFury said:
So if Marth is unlocked in Classic mode, how does he end up in SSE fighting alongside MetaKnight? I guess those parts of SSE are also unlocked?

Y'know, it's possible that characters are unlocked in more than one way :p

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Reality check:

478510hn9.jpg

This screen is fake. The three videos released over the last week of menus and whatnot are all fake, in fact. Note my post here for more details.

For this screen in particular, there are two obvious tells. One, the Zelda/Sheik icon. In the Iwata Asks interview, the Sticker video shows the player scrolling through character-select icons, and the Zelda icon just has Zelda's face, not Zelda and Sheik together. Character-select icons are reused throughout the game, and shouldn't vary from screen to screen.

Two, the Marth art. The character-select icon and the actual portrait art at the bottom of the screen are different from each other. Every other character has the exact same art in both the portrait and character-select icon.

Far as I can tell, this screen is from the same guy who faked all of those videos.

EktorPR

Oh my fucking God...incredible. That Rapidshare feed is...incredible. The music matches perfectly with the imagery...and the imagery is, well...wow. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

Wow.

wow

Tathanen said:
Reality check:

478510hn9.jpg

This screen is fake. The three videos released over the last week of menus and whatnot are all fake, in fact. Note my post here for more details.

For this screen in particular, there are two obvious tells. One, the Zelda/Sheik icon. In the Iwata Asks interview, the Sticker video shows the player scrolling through character-select icons, and the Zelda icon just has Zelda's face, not Zelda and Sheik together. Character-select icons are reused throughout the game, and shouldn't vary from screen to screen.

Two, the Marth art. The character-select icon and the actual portrait art at the bottom of the screen are different from each other. Every other character has the exact same art in both the portrait and character-select icon.

Far as I can tell, this screen is from the same guy who faked all of those videos.

1. We saw the Zelda/Sheik icon in a video from Queensaki, the webmaster of the biggest SSBM tournament site, who got the game early.

2. It's not THAT different.

Speevy

Banned
So Smashville ended up being the first ever Smash Bros. stage from an actual Nintendo franchise, but without an associated character.

A Link to the Snitch said:
1. We saw the Zelda/Sheik icon in a video from Queensaki, the webmaster of the biggest SSBM tournament site, who got the game early.

Queensaki did not make that video. Otherwise, we would have been getting a lot more Brawl info by now.

Teknoman said:
Do a barrel roll? If Nintendo isnt inspired to assign a good team and make a truly kick ass Star Fox Wii game by this opening, I dont know what will.

Treasure would be a pretty good fit for the series, especially if they bring it back to its on-rails roots.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
A Link to the Snitch said:
2. It's not THAT different.

But.. it's different. He has a completely differently shaped head. Very long in the icon, shorter in the portrait. How different is irrelevant, as all other characters are identical.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, but there are quite a lot of inconsistencies here that rank above "person who provided it is kind of credible because they host lots of tournaments" for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom