• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl adds Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

We still don’t know the exact identity of Supergirl Season 2’s big bad, but we’re starting to think the Girl of Steel is going to war with all of ‘90s genre TV. After Lois & Clark star Teri Hatcher, latest to join Season 2 in a villainous role is Hercules himself, Kevin Sorbo in a mysterious role.

As with Hatcher’s unidentified villain, Sorbo will appear in a nefarious recurring role for the latter half of Supergirl Season 2. Say, haven’t we seen two cloaked figures following Mon-El across the galaxy? Hmm. In any case, says EP Andrew Kreisberg:

Since his days as Hercules, Kevin Sorbo has brought such a strong presence to the screen and we couldn’t be more excited to have him join us on Supergirl.

Elsewhere, Season 2 will see William Mapother returning as Parasite in an upcoming episode, along with Frederick Schmidt’s Metallo, to say nothing of future villains like Mr. Mxyzptlk or the Music Meister.

No offense to any of the wonderful actresses who have also played the part, but Teri Hatcher is my all time favorite Lois Lane. To have her come back to the SuperWorld in a completely different part is an unbelievable gift to me, [EP] Greg [Berlanti], and the fans.

Aselith

Can't wait to see the crazy atheist character get killed in a car crash. Text #SupesNotDead to ur friends and family

giphy.gif

I bingged through S1 of this lately, and thought Teri Hatcher would be a fantastic addition once I saw Dean Cain was in it. They seem happy to be kinda referential like that.

I now realize I have not seen Teri Hatcher in about 15-20 years, as I never watched Desperate Housewives. Bond and New Adventures of Superman is SO LONG AGO. Damn.

Slayven

What's the deal here?

“Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” Sorbo wrote. “It is an excuse to be the losers these animals truly are. It is a tipping point to frustration built up over years of not trying, but blaming everyone else, The Man, for their failures. It’s always someone else’s fault when you give up. Hopefully this is a reminder to the African Americans ( I always thought we just Americans. Oh, well.) that their President the voted in has only made things worse for them, not better.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/21/kevin-sorbo-ferguson-animals-losers_n_5697647.html

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope they went with Sorbo just so they have an excuse to shit on whatever character he is playing...literally. I want Martian Manhunter to beat him up and then poop on him.

Xena was a better show anyway. Just throwing that fact out there while we're chatting

I hope they went with Sorbo just so they have an excuse to shit on whatever character he is playing...literally. I want Martian Manhunter to beat him up and then poop on him.

Xena was a better show anyway. Just throwing that fact out there while we're chatting
He's not even the main villain so he'll probably be killed off.

Corpekata

Banned
Dean Cain is apparently a douche in real life too, so Sorbo has good company.

Can't imagine he'll be around for many episodes though. These articles always make these sort of guest roles as bigger deals than they are.

What's the deal here?

I know GAF's got the Ferguson part covered, but there's also the Muslim / Obama stuff too!

https://www.facebook.com/KevinSorbo/posts/776153989091336

Have you ever seen a Muslim hospital?
Have you heard a Muslim orchestra?
Have you seen a Muslim band march in a parade?
Have you witnessed a Muslim charity?
Have you shaken hands with a Muslim Girl Scout?
Have you seen a Muslim Candy Striper?
The answer is no, you have not. Just ask yourself WHY???

Fuck Kevin Sorbo

Ridley327

Oh, is this now a Fuck Kevin Sorbo thread? Goody!

From an interview that asked a question about what he thought about Noah:

"I sort of understand why they don't want to deal with the New Testament in Hollywood because, you know, it's, it's pretty much run by the world of the Jewish population, and, at the same time, at least get someone who has, at least beliefs, that the potential is there, that it could be a real story."

Staf

Wow, had such a crush on Teri Hatcher back in the 90s on Lois and Clark. Really liked Sorbo as Hercules as well. Good casts. Supergirl season 2 keeps getting better.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I won't rest until they cast Dana Delany to play Lois talking to Cat over the phone so we don't see her face.

We all know Lois is going to make a physical appearance later down the line. They'd probably hold off on doing something like that till they cast the actress in question.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's disappointing that the producers of Supergirl are handing a recurring roll to an absolute monster of a human being.

Hopefully the fans give them hell for that.

Ridley327

Didn't Kevin Sorbo almost get the ABC Superman role, before Dean Cain got it?

He tried out for it, but I don't think it went further than the audition. The actor that was practically inches away from getting it over Cain was Gerard Christopher, who was already on Superboy.

Nabs

I want to see this.

And you're right on with the Xena comment.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is the biggest role Sorbo's gotten since his days on Andromeda.

Thought he was too good for librul Hollywood after he turned full wingnut?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I was kind of excited until i was informed of Kevin Sorbo's 'views'

i feel like a piece of my childhood just died

You and me both, brother.

It's so weird to see the guy on T.V. who helped the weak and helpless actually turn out to be hateful, racist fuck in real life.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Can Dean Cain be that bad if he was on Lady Dynamite? I wasn't under the impression that show was full of weird network mandated Dean Cain appearances.

Ridley327

Can Dean Cain be that bad if he was on Lady Dynamite? I wasn't under the impression that show was full of weird network mandated Dean Cain appearances.

I know he's endorsed Republican candidates in the past (including Trump), but he's always struck me as the kind of actor who isn't about to turn down a role if there's good pay in it. Just one look at his filmography in the past decade should tell you as much.

- J - D -

Hiring Sorbo seems pretty backwards for a show that has made itself a platform for discussing and progressing social issues. That was always part of the show's identity from the very beginning. Sorbo must've been cheap as hell because this otherwise makes little sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom