• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl adds Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Aku

I didn't even know Kevin Sorbo had such a bad reputation until a few years ago. Shame cause I enjoyed Hercules as a child growing up.

Emarv

Supergirl is a pretty open liberal show. Their showrunner and star are very open progressives and supporters of the LGBT community and inclusion of major LGBT on their show. The show basically takes place in a universe where Hillary won the presidency and they're pretty firm about it. If conservative actors like Dean Cain and Sorbo want to go be on a show like that for a paycheck and fan casting, I guess there are worse things that could happen?

I know he's endorsed Republican candidates in the past (including Trump), but he's always struck me as the kind of actor who isn't about to turn down a role if there's good pay in it. Just one look at his filmography in the past decade should tell you as much.

That's how his agent answers the phone.

Hercules possessed a strength the world'd never seen--a strength surpassed only by his wicked, black heart.

Thus, wherever there was evil--whenever the innocent would suffer--there would be Hercules.

Slayven

I hope Sorbo gets into an argument on the existence of God with Supergirl and Superman.

cc8594c695804bbacb9702bf8541ae0a.jpg

LIb14Nk.jpg

Finding out how much of a douche Sorbo is was such a disheartening experience for me. Dude was one of my first crushes in Hercules.

Whatever. As others have said, Xena was far superior anyway. Lucy Lawless would never.

Replicant

Hiring Sorbo seems pretty backwards for a show that has made itself a platform for discussing and progressing social issues. That was always part of the show's identity from the very beginning. Sorbo must've been cheap as hell because this otherwise makes little sense.

Exactly. The show has been LGBT friendly lately and his addition is a slap to the show's progressive stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom