• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surf Ninjas or 3 Ninjas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not the easiest call, but Surf.

harSon

Banned
Ernie Reyes Jr is a ninja turtle, therefore Surf Ninjas. He was also in The Last Dragon, so Surf Ninjas.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
3 Ninjas.

I mean, moto surfing? C'mon.

Also, there is a pg-13 cut of 3 Ninjas with added scenes, dialog, a different ending.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
3 Ninjas.

Kick Back if you wanna be more specific.

I always thought it was weird that Koga was both the name of the town where the ninja tournament takes place, and the main villain.

They also changed the grandfather's last name from Tanaka to Shintaro.

Lots of weird inconsistencies in the 3 Ninjas universe.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Surf Ninjas.

It was just badass for my 7 year old self.

I had no idea the trailer was that cheesy though. My God the voiceover...

Aurongel

WUT.

A number of high-level defectors from the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea have stated that 3 Ninjas Kick Back was a childhood favorite of Kim Jong Un, now Supreme Chancellor of the DPRK. He was apparently so taken with the film that his father, Kim Jong Il, reportedly commissioned a remake with Korean actors.

DiscoJer

Surfs Ninjas because it has Ernie Reyes Jr in it. He was in Sidekicks, which wasn't one of my favorite shows, but one I watched regularly.

My god.

3 Ninjas is an integral part of my childhood and I can't hate on it no matter how terrible it is now that I'm old. It's still great.

Surf Ninjas, on the other hand, isn't even awesomely bad. It's just bad.

Rue

Surfs Ninjas because it has Ernie Reyes Jr in it. He was in Sidekicks, which wasn't one of my favorite shows, but one I watched regularly.

He's also Keno in TMNT2

Surf Ninjas was hilariously amazing and had better martial arts than 3 Ninjas.

(I love 3 Ninjas Kick Back though)

Surf Ninjas all the way. 3 Ninjas is pretty great too, but not as good as Surf Ninjas.

I also enjoyed watching Airborne as a kid too.

Big-E

What would the equivalent of this movie be today? Something that every kid saw but wasn't really a theatrical release?

<old>None of the above!!!

surf_nazis_must_die_movie_poster.jpg

</old>

Snaku

Banned
3 Ninjas, from the director that was kidnapped by North Korea to make a shitty Godzilla knock off with Toho's Godzilla fx team whom were also kidnapped.

I love both actually, you can't make me choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom