• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suspect in custody for Louisiana murders cops say were "likely racially motivated"

studyguy

DKF2roTX0AAvy-2.jpg
Just a good kid in a bad way guys, come on. Also 23 year olds aren't kids anymore.

i just wanna befriend him!

Oh, definitely. We should totally sit him down and have a nice chat with him. Maybe compromise a bit. Something like, he can destroy cultures and murder people he deems lesser, as long as he doesn't encroach on the white moderate who won't be affected otherwise(but will talk about how we did nazi this coming when they eventually turn on us after the rest of the enemies of the people have been "excised").

Under no circumstances should we be hitting them, because violence is never okay, even in the defense of life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness. If you fight back, you're the real fascists because all you'e doing is discriminating against him for having a different political view!

This is sarcasm by the way.

Just a good kid in a bad way guys, come on. Also 23 year olds aren't kids anymore.
"He's an angel"

Im echoing what I read slayven say but its true that if as many people were to show outrage over shit like this as you see with a Nazi getting punched in the face we'd definitely all be holding hands.

"but don't punch Nazis, they might become violent"

"It's just a different opinion. It shouldn't call for violence"

This shit will never not piss me off because all I can think back to is Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old who looked like an adult to his murderer. Soon enough a 30-year-old racist mass murderer will be considered a pitiable, frightened teenager just so white terrorism can continue to be justified.

Merc_

This thread is only two pages and I don't see any of the "don't punch Nazis" brigade in here.

How interesting.

BigAT

Did the police consider talking to him about his ideology instead of arresting him? Putting him in prison seems like an overreaction IMO.

This thread is only two pages and I don't see any of the "don't punch Nazis" brigade in here.

How interesting.

I've thought about this a lot and have come to a conclusion: This type of violence is normalized. It's expected at this point after centuries of it. From hanging, whipping, raping, poisoning, beating, to gunning down; white violence against black people is in a strange way, the status quo. (Side note: this is something explored in depth in a book called Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome which I feel is necessary reading as much as the New Jim Crow).

This is considered normal while the reverse, black resistance to that oppression particularly the violently is considered an aberrance. It's "surprising" to society to see people who live under the thumb of all-encompassing and violent oppression fight back in kind. In essence, society never expected to be bitten back. The wealth of people in the Nazi-punching topic who are defending the Nazi see that violence as a shock and a complete upending of society while this as just another news story.

Derwind

I've thought about this a lot and have come to a conclusion: This type of violence is normalized. It's expected at this point after centuries of it. From hanging, whipping, raping, poisoning, beating, to gunning down; white violence against black people is in a strange way, the status quo. (Side note: this is something explored in depth in a book called Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome which I feel is necessary reading as much as the New Jim Crow).

This is considered normal while the reverse, black resistance to that oppression particularly the violently is considered an aberrance. It's "surprising" to society to see people who live under the thumb of all-encompassing and violent oppression fight back in kind. In essence, society never expected to be bitten back. The wealth of people in the Nazi-punching topic who are defending the Nazi see that violence as a shock and a complete upending of society while this as just another news story.

Years of propoganda and assuming racially motivated attacks are just isolated incidents rooted in mental illness will do that too.

White Supremacy and White Supremacist terrorism has always had the luxury of being unnoticed or looked at as something that lacks coordination & organization from the public view.

Beefy

The difference between how a white dude and black dude are labelled by the press piss me off.

Fuck this guy

Just now seeing this and I live in New Orleans. Not sure how I missed it. Fucking ridiculous to think he's out and walking around. Hopefully he won't try to kill anyone again while he's out. I must echo other posters here that it's pretty amazing the punched Nazi garners 60 pages but this is barely a blip. Pretty awful

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I legit want to know what black people have done to white people that is so horrible these people feel the need to murder.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The difference between how a white dude and black dude are labelled by the press piss me off.

Fuck this guy

One thing Trump is kinda right about it is the dishonest media. Straight trash when it comes to stuff like this.

Slayven

White dude suspected of 2 murders = Let go

Black dude with parking ticket = 3 months in prison if he survives his encounter with police.

Kebiinu

Banned
Why can't white people mind their business, and leave us black people alone? Give this man the death penalty, please.

Why can't white people mind their business, and leave us black people alone? Give this man the death penalty, please.

Like Derwind said: propaganda. We're simultaneously lazy yet take jobs, school spots etc away from white people. We're gross and undesirable yet we're "stealing all the white women" from white men. We're simultaneously animals who need to be put down but our culture is cool enough to steal. People like this suspect have been raised in a modern society that demonizes black people and devalues black lives. They're taught that we don't deserve sympathy and that we're the source for all of their problems. As a race, we're a scapegoat so that white America doesn't have to take a look in the mirror and realize what the actual source of racial tension and violence come from. And men like this buy into it because they're empty and devoid of any self-reflection or critique.

cameron

The charges via BBC: Louisiana man held for two 'racially motivated' murders
Baton Rouge police have also charged Kenneth Gleason with attempted murder after shots were fired at an African-American family's home.
Mr Cofield was homeless, and Mr Smart had been walking to his job as a dishwasher at a cafe popular with Louisiana State University students.

Authorities believe the two victims were first shot from a car before the attacker walked over and continued firing at them as they lay on the ground.

The attacks happened two days apart, and police say they believe neither man had any previous interaction with Mr Gleason.

Police also believe Mr Gleason may have opened fire on the home of a black family in his neighbourhood, where he lives with his parents. Nobody was injured in that attack.
He has been booked on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated criminal damage to property and illegal use of weapon, according to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office.

East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore said his office will seek the death penalty.

Wow, two pages for this and fucking fifty for a thread about a Nazi getting clocked.

Just need someone to punch this guy to generate a little more interest apparently.

Enzom21

Wow, two pages for this and fucking fifty for a thread about a Nazi getting clocked.

Just need someone to punch this guy to generate a little more interest apparently.

The victims in this story aren't white so all of those "anti-violence" folks don't give a shit.

sirap

Soooo...where are all the kumbaya peace-preaching gaffers from this thread?. I thought violence wasn't the answer, or is that only reserved for confrontations with Nazis?

commedieu

Banned
Gang. They aren't here. You all know why.

Moving forward, how's he going to get off? Isn't this that murder charge that's hard to prove? Legalgaf?

Isn't it better to go with second degree?

I mean it's just fantasy for discussion. As the jury will buy that he was drunk, or, sad, or whatever the fuck is the OK for killing brown humans.. but just for discussion sake.. am I getting the degrees mixed up?

NastyBook

I wish this place had electrified fences, so all the members who straddle it would get their chestnuts roasted.

Con_Smith

Banned
He just killed some black people guys. No need to ask for violence against him. Let's just wait for all the facts. I'm sure both sides of the issue will show the Nazi propaganda was for a school project.

Kebiinu

Banned
Lmfao. Y'all, this topic is yet another reason why we need to stick together as black people/PoC. Unless we look like them, they will never care about us. Fucking Nazi's and Pewdiepussy has apologists and pages upon pages of debate. But here we are on page 2. America, yeah?

Lmfao. Y'all, this topic is yet another reason why we need to stick together as black people/PoC. Unless we look like them, they will never care about us. Fucking Nazi's and Pewdiepussy has apologists and pages upon pages of debate. But here we are on page 2. America, yeah?

Co-signed.

Frustrating but absolutely true.

Top Bottom