• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Fire free on NA Wii U Eshop till April 9 gives 20 MyNintendo Gold coins.

I made a thread about this two weeks ago but didn't realize that even though Swap Fire was free you still got 20 Gold Coins. I'm sure this information will cause some people to bother download it. Good to know even though it doesn't show coins anymore for free stuff you still get the original value.

Here's the online store link:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/swap-fire-wii-u

My earlier OP is below:

So right now on the Wii U Eshop there's a game called Swap Fire being offered for free till April 9th. If you've seen the Eshop charts the last few weeks it's second behind BOTW.

cover_large.jpg

According to the developers:

Midnight Status said:
If you can't Switch 'em, Swap 'em!"
We know there are many reasons why people can't get a Switch. For example, our excuse is that we're broke! As a consolation prize we're offering up our game for free, which will hopefully ease the pain a little and help us find more players who might like Swap Fire.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/swap_fire_hops_up_the_wii_u_eshop_charts_helped_by_the_fact_its_free

It's a local multiplayer-focused game with a singlepayer mode base on the mechanic of shooting your opponent to swap position with them. It has multiple modes and support for 5 players.

As a fan of weird game and especially local multiplayer games that support more than 4 players this is super interesting to me. The developers seem really passionate about people playing if you're curious or think you may be it's free.

WiiU_SwapFire_04.jpg

Information said:
spacetime...

Swap Fire's a shooter with a literal twist. Shooting other players rips a hole in spacetime thus swapping your locations. You'll have to commit to losing in order to win in Drop Zone, manage spacetime to dominate the map in Control Point, master the art of teleportation to go for the gold in Swoccer, and much more!

Crazy fun couch multiplayer for up to 5 friends
Innovative "shoot to swap" mechanic is just as much about psychology as it is about reflexes
Announce the game as the commentator using the Wii U GamePad™
4 tournament cups
9 unique multiplayer modes
Narrative driven single player training/puzzle mode
Top secret secrets!

It even has a Wii Remote alone control option:
Controls_SwapFire_inverted01.png

In addition to Classic Controller and Pro Controller support.

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/AHjfM2fKjvA

Developer Video:
https://youtu.be/RPGpfKX_lGE

Also the following games are also all on sale for 50% off:

Steamworld Dig: $4.99
Steamworld Heist: $7.49
Runbow $7.49
Severed (includes 3DS copy) $7.49

All end April 6th at Noon Eastern except Runbow which ends on April 5th.

Madao

i'm sure downloading a game that looks worse than some N64 games is worth the HDD space and 20 coins...

Stopdoor

I love local multiplayer games, but this game is bad. It's really not worth talking up and recommending. The idea is cool, but the execution is barely passable and beyond janky. The menu and UI is abysmal. The "story" stuff is bizarre and just a waste of time.

What is the value of a Nintendo gold coin?

20 coins can be cashed in for 30% off the Zelda Oracle games on 3DS, so that comes out to $1.80 in exchange for the dignity of the software library tied to your Nintendo account. (I already compromised mine for coins months ago when the First Skunk Bundle was free, so no reservations about doing it again here.)

Ms.Galaxy

I've seen better looking asset flips on Steam's early access. No thanks.

20 coins can be cashed in for 30% off the Zelda Oracle games on 3DS, so that comes out to $1.80 in exchange for the dignity of the software library tied to your Nintendo account. (I already compromised mine for coins months ago when the First Skunk Bundle was free, so no reservations about doing it again here.)

Hmm... tempting...

Maxinas

Too bad they are absolutely worthless in value. I still don't understand how club nintendo, which had its share of flaws, was replaced by the total dogshit that is mynintendo.

Hey there's like 20 minutes left for those four games at the end of the OP.

Everything except Severed actually has a physical version on Wii U.

I bought Severed as its real unique and crossbuy with 3DS.

Top Bottom