• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

switch 2 get more third party support??

will it get more??

• yes

Votes: 39 67.2%
  • no

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • fat

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
love some nintendo games but they only get indies and crud third parties AAA

will switch 2 have more third parties AAA??

Woopah

Third parties won't be caught unprepared like they were with Switch, so it will have much better support than the early years of that platform.

I still expect some illogical behaviour from some third parties studios, but they will be the exception.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It depends on some factors, so I voted fat.

Multiplat game devs want money, for that they need to sell their game. What sells games nowadays? Dem graphics my man, dem graphics do.

You make a multiplat aimed at the Switch and people will laught if off when it comes to other platforms, kinda like what happened with Monster Hunter Rise. There are exceptions ofc like HD-2D games, which can run no problem on the Switch and still look pretty on other platforms.

So yeah I guess it depends on how powerful the Switch 2 ends up being.

Or maybe not. Fat.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
square COD and cyberpunk buuuuuut cyberpunk dont like hopefully the new DOOM
It depends on some factors, so I voted fat.

Multiplat game devs want money, for that they need to sell their game. What sells games nowadays? Dem graphics my man, dem graphics do.

You make a multiplat aimed at the Switch and people will laught if off when it comes to other platforms, kinda like what happened with Monster Hunter Rise. There are exceptions ofc like HD-2D games, which can run no problem on the Switch and still look pretty on other platforms.

So yeah I guess it depends on how powerful the Switch 2 ends up being.

Or maybe not. Fat.
excited-farley-shake.gif

Euler007

Probably since it won't be like porting a modern game to a tablet that would have been higher-end-ish seven years ago.

Robb

Gold Member
Third parties won't be caught unprepared like they were with Switch, so it will have much better support than the early years of that platform.

I still expect some illogical behaviour from some third parties studios, but they will be the exception.
Pretty much my thoughts as well, given that the system takes off and we don’t end up with a WiiU situation.

But either way the support early on should be way better than it was on Switch.

Gambit2483

The way its going now I'm sure some publishers are practically begging Nintendo to hurry up and release new hardware for them to make money on because it sure as hell ain't happening on PS5 and Series X/S

Kurotri

I believe so. I'm still unsure about the late future but I fully expect the first year or two to be full of ports and new releases.

Holammer

I have doubts. If it can handle Cyberpunk 2077 without an "impossible port" at a resolution that does not look like dogshit on a modern TV, yes, probably.

bender

What time is it?
The Switch had pretty good third party support given the hardware limitations. As long as it is in the neighborhood of the Switch's sales pace, I'd expect that trend to continue. With so much stuff being cross generation still, it seems like scaling back games to suit the Switch 2's hardware will be an even easier task than the "impossible ports" that made their way to the original.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
the switch wasn't lacking 3rd party support it just wasn't the 5 major titles that you wanted.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m sure Capcom, Atlus and Square Enix will support them like they did in the past.

Yes... for a while. It'll slow down once the hardware can't keep up and the third party games sell like crap compared to Nintendo exclusives as usual.

Bro the Switch has a ton of 3rd party support, companies have been bending over backwards to port current-gen games to Switch which have no business even running on it like Hogwarts Legacy. Anything that is cross-gen is already always ported to Switch

The Switch 2 will be much closer to PS5 in system power and we'll see a lot more current-gen titles multiplat between PS5 and Switch

GTA VI is coming to Switch 2, Final Fantasy will all come to Switch 2, etc.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I mean, it will get cod at least, but don't expect assassin's Creed or battlefield. Hell, they waited 6 years to do a fifa that was more than a rooster update.

Besides, switch was unique when it launched, but competition is fierce these days, with steam deck and others. Don't expect to do better than the switch itself.

yamaci17

if it ships with 12 gb vram and dlss, expect almost all 3rd party titles to launch on switch 2 at the same time with xbox and playstation versions

Last edited:
Expect a lot of ports:
  • Like a Dragon
  • Elden Ring
  • Street Fighter
  • Resident Evil
  • Tales of Arise
  • Judgment
  • Armored Core
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Cyberpunk
  • King of Fighters
  • GTA
  • Guilty Gear
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Ass Creed

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I personally wish Nintendo would reimagine the "nintendo seal of quality" and keep turds out of the E-store completely. There is so much trash on the Nintendo E-store I just stopped looking.
Sure more AAA third party support will be there for the new machine, it will be a lot easier to make ports on.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Nintendo fans won't care about 3rd party games, just like now.

Everyone else will play their games on Xbox/PS/PC just like now.

Last edited:

EDMIX

port support maybe, day 1 3rd party support? Yea...I don't know about all that.

It will likely be for some of the same usuals. Low Poly JRPG stuff, E rated 3rd party stuff (some times)

Last edited:

Puscifer

It's more about power and general interest. Miracle ports stopped happening so smoothly no one noticed. Only so much work you can do before you reach a breaking point, I have no doubt in a couple years steam deck 2 is coming to catch up.

Woopah

It's more about power and general interest. Miracle ports stopped happening so smoothly no one noticed. Only so much work you can do before you reach a breaking point, I have no doubt in a couple years steam deck 2 is coming to catch up.
The main issue Switch faced at the beginning was not power, but the shadow of the Wii U.

Publishers weren't sure the Switch would be a succes, so didn't bet on it. When the Switch started to do well, they had to quickly readjust.

Hence why the difference in Switch third party support between the early years and the 2020s is so vastly different, even though the power didn't change.

Top Bottom