• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Lite ‘Coral’ color variation launches March 20 in Japan and April 3 in North America

Mista

Banned
photo01.jpg

Nintendo has announced 2 a “Coral” color variation of Switch Lite. It will launch on March 20 in Japan for 19,980 yen, and April 3 in North America for $199.99 joining the previously available “Turquoise,” “Gray,” and “Yellow” color options. Pre-orders will open on March 7.

A European release for the Coral color variation has yet to be announced.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Are Switch Lites made in Vietnam or something? Because Japan seems good on Lites but the OG is apparently having shortages.

Are Switch Lites made in Vietnam or something? Because Japan seems good on Lites but the OG is apparently having shortages.

Japan gets their shit made in China but for their products for the west are being made in Vietnam or someshit. They having shortage because the Chinese got some shut down because they fucked up. Fuck knows tbh.

Pink one looks nice tbh.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Oooo getting fancy with “coral” , why don’t they just call it for what it’s is pink.
How about more traditional colors like a RED, BLUE or GREEN whatever instead of these pastel colored options. I’m down for a all WHITE or BLACK version too like the poster above suggested.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wasn’t too into a salmon-colored console at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

It fits in well with the bright, pastel theme they have going on for the Lite.

Oooo getting fancy with “coral” , why don’t they just call it for what it’s is pink.
How about more traditional colors like a RED, BLUE or GREEN whatever instead of these pastel colored options. I’m down for a all WHITE or BLACK version too like the poster above suggested.

I’d take any of those colors. I think all of the colors they have so far suck donkey balls. Red would be G.O.A.T. though.

I’m actually way down with this color. I mean give me a completely white one and I’ll buy it in a heartbeat but I do like this color.

Oh and give me fucking purple!

Last edited:

Codes 208

Why can’t they make a white or black Lite? Is that too god damn much to ask for?!
“You can have any color, as long as its the one you didnt ask for.”

i mean i kinda get the diluted powder colors theyre going for but its still such an odd choice of colors. Off-yellow orange, aqua, gray and now watermelon pink. Guess theyre saving theyre best colors for the regular switch...as combination colors. Because fuck symmetry for some reason.

stickkidsam

If we could get some bold colors instead of something out of a shitty class on interior business decor, I'd be sooo happy.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Cancelled my wife's AC Switch pre-order per her request last week as she decided she wanted a Switch Lite instead.

She was prepared to get a Turquoise model, and we were gonna buy one a few days back but our local Best Buy was out of stock at the time. Turns out that was fortuitous, as she definitely wants this pink coral one instead.

That'll go great with my indigo-totally-not-purple-u-guys Gamecube.

Except that it's hideous.

What's wrong with purple? Purple is a lovely color.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
A purple Switch would be sexy as hell. Tired of the dull grey color I have. Thinking about customizing but I heard the material of the stickers is not good for the Switch.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Cancelled my wife's AC Switch pre-order per her request last week as she decided she wanted a Switch Lite instead.

She was prepared to get a Turquoise model, and we were gonna buy one a few days back but our local Best Buy was out of stock at the time. Turns out that was fortuitous, as she definitely wants this pink coral one instead.

What's wrong with purple? Purple is a lovely color.

The purple was fine, but it was absolutely not Indigo.

clem84

Gold Member
I saw this on social media first. I thought it was a joke. It definitely stands out more than Turquoise and Grey.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
No Metroid Prime HD Collection? No new F-Zero? Surely at least a half of a screen shot of Metroid 4 gameplay? Nah. We get a fucking pink Switch.

dw2Pukz.gif

Last edited:

ROMhack

Looks like a console for people who went out first this morning in blazing sunshine only to get wet at lunchtime when they nipped out for a coffee and it started pouring it down.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I think of salmon as having a slightly different ratio of red to orange. I’d call this Coral, and I’d call the original “coral” DS Lite “Shell Pink”.

Oh i may have been taking an old friends joke too far

Top Bottom