• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SyFy Orders Day of the Dead Adaptation to Series - But not really

cryptoadam

Banned

Cartel Entertainment, the company behind Shudder’s Creepshow, is producing the new series with Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas serving as showrunners. The remake will tell the story of six strangers trying to survive the first 24 hours of an undead invasion. That synopsis is a diversion from the original film, which was set in a military installation trying to fight off the onset of the zombie apocalypse, and seems more in line with the original Night of the Living Dead. How exactly it will approach the adaptation has yet to be revealed outside of that basic synopsis.

The series will launch in 2021.

Why call it Day of the Dead if its not going to be based on Day of the Dead? I think Night is in the public domain so get that, or if you gonna pay go for Dawn which is more widley known and rememberd.

This would of really been my thing a few years ago but I am Zombied out. Haven't even watch Walking dead in like 3.5 seasons. It would be interesting to revist the Day characters. Bub, Dr. Frankenstein, Rhodes. I actually wouldn't mind learning more about how all the characters got underground etc.... Lots of material to work with there. But this so far seems like it won't have anything to do with the storyline.

Big meh especially since its SyFy. Why not just keep Z nation going since that was pretty good.

xrnzaaas

The main question imo is how Syfy will show the first 24 hours of the undead invasion considering how low budget their shows are.

xrnzaaas

I'm probably in the minority who thinks Z Nation was absolute crap, but that's not a big news for me as I've always hated Asylum flicks.

Showing the beginning of the zombie invasion is always tough even if you plan the show to look and feel camp.

cryptoadam

Banned
I'm probably in the minority who thinks Z Nation was absolute crap, but that's not a big news for me as I've always hated Asylum flicks.

Showing the beginning of the zombie invasion is always tough even if you plan the show to look and feel camp.

Z nation was good fun. It took a few episodes to get going really after season 1.

It started out more of a walking dead rip off but once it got its own voice it became better than WD.

It knew it was a cheap over the top b movie style show. It changed things up gave us differing locations and zombie types and had some fun season long arcs.

The last season was kinda meh but it was still better then the melodrama and over seriouse WD.

If they are doing a zombie show just keep the one you have already. Day of the dead doesnt have that much cache amongst pop culture. It no night or dawn. Even though i think it might be the best of the trilogy in its own way most fans call it the weakest and was pretty much panned at the time.

Carna

Banned
I remember BattleStar Galactica and how much of a phonenmeon it was with people. Scifi channel now is a far cry from that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The main question imo is how Syfy will show the first 24 hours of the undead invasion considering how low budget their shows are.

et90nao.gif

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wasnt this turned into a movie already? I seem to recall they crashed on to an island and had guns with green laser targeting.

Anyway, it seems like every zombie project just turns into "humans are the real problem" eventually, why not just cut to the chase and start with that?

Top Bottom