• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata comments on Final Fantasy XV for Nintendo Switch, currently no plan

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I know some people were asking about this prior to the Switch reveal.

DualShockers said:
G: Is there any possibility for Final Fantasy XV to be released on Nintendo Switch?

HT: There are no Plans, it wouldn’t run…

G: It wouldn’t run at all?

HT: It might run… But we haven’t conducted the proper tests on whether it would run properly on Switch or not, so I cannot say for sure.

G: So there is no plan at all?

HT: There are no plans for Switch at the moment, but overall, there is interest in the platform among the development team. We do have lots of Nintendo fans inside BD2.

Incidentally, I think that Switch would be really cool if it could run Android apps on its portable screen…
Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02...uture-dlc-first-look-character-creation-more/

Ray Down

Banned
Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Shock

Dualshockers no more banned here?

Seik

Banned
It suffers from frame stuttering on PS4.

I can't imagine all the logistic they'd have to go through to have it running at acceptable performances on the Switch.

The FFXII remaster is something possible though, and would be VERY enjoyable on the go.

black070

Any pre-Switch third party release that was getting a port would have already been announced imo, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when every response to the question boils down to 'no, but the Switch looks great.'

Kind of figured only because I think Luminous Engine would be hell to port because of its complexity no?

Now Kingdom Hearts 3 on the other hand, THAT'S the one I'm most curious as I think that's not that out of the realm of possibility.

Sizzel

I feel like we all know this is going to be a thing for almost every AAA game moving forward. these threads are almost like hater victory laps...which I can appreciate even as a day one Switch buyer. Bigger news will be when a current/future AAA game DOES get ported.

Berordn

I'm more surprised anyone would think to ask the question given how questionably FFXV runs on superior hardware.

The Switch is a tablet.

Can an Android or iPad tablet run FFXV? No.

Are you capable of reading english? He literally just said they haven't run tests. He doesn't know. So why would you, a rando with no knowledge of FF15 specs of the Switch specs, even remotely know what you're talking about?

And I'm not saying it will run (considering it already has performance problems, it would have issues) but I sounds like he guesses it wouldn't run, then clarifies and admits they haven't even tried running tests.

Yeah, the engine doesn't seem to work very well on modern consoles so I imagine a portable one wouldn't be able to handle it too well. Imagine they're still fairly busy finishing the game as well.

are we really gonna get a new thread for every 3rd party AAA game not coming to Switch? lol

obviously this means FF7 Remake is ruled out too, oh well not really surprising.

Oregano

Not a surprise. I don't think people can fault Square Enix's current level of support for the device either.

Although the FF brand is conspicuously completely absent.

AdanVC

Let me go back to my hopeless dreams back on november when I thought FFXV and RE7 would be available on Switch on day one. LOL! Now it seems the console can barely run FFXV... Siiiighhhhhhhh...

Infest

People were hoping for a Switch port? lmao

I bet the same people are expecting CDPR to port Witcher 3 to Switch, right?

Oregano

Let me go back to my hopeless dreams back on november when I thought FFXV and RE7 would be available on Switch on day one. LOL! Now it seems the console can barely run FFXV... Siiiighhhhhhhh...

We knew what the device was in November. FFXV's performance is ropey on much more powerful systems and it's an open world game.

Nibel

Seeing how that game has issues on platforms it already has been released on, I wouldn't hold my breath for a Switch version, lol

Personally I'm holding out for the inevitable PC version, so a FFXV for Switch wouldn't really matter to me

The handheld is comically underpowered, Nintendo fans should be happy and content enough to get the KH HD remakes at best. I really wanted KH3 on Switch but if it does happen, that shit gonna have some serious downgrades.

Also with those updates about KH3's development progress, it ain't gonna be ready until PS6 and Switch 3 anyway so I might still get it on a handheld :p

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It ran like shit on PS4, no way I want it on Switch.

Octopath Traveler looks to be more fun imo

QUOTE=Nibel;229954299]

Personally I'm holding out for the inevitable PC version, so a FFXV for Switch wouldn't really matter to me[/QUOTE]

Same - I played 6 hours on ps4 and dropped it like a bad habit

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprising, and because I already own the game I'm looking forward to Octopath Traveler more.

I wonder if their later projects that won't be out soon, like KH3, may find their way to the console at some point. Though I would assume it depends on how well the Switch is doing by then.

They can't even finish it on PS4...

This too

kswiston

It likely cant run FFXV at all in its current state. They could always downport, but that would cost money and customers would just complain about the compromises.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm starting to think gaming news outlets are asking these questions not because they think the answer will be interesting or there is a chance of these Switch ports happening but because it will guarantee them a NeoGAF thread :p

Banned
How about we start focusing on the games that are coming to Switch? It'll save us a lot of time.

A shame though. A JRPG like this on the go would he awesome. Especially with sleep mode.

Oregano

The handheld is comically underpowered, Nintendo fans should be happy and content enough to get the KH HD remakes at best. I really wanted KH3 on Switch but if it does happen, that shit gonna have some serious downgrades.

Also with those updates about KH3's development progress, it ain't gonna be ready until PS6 and Switch 3 anyway so I might still get it on a handheld :p

In what reality? As a console sure but as a handheld it's still cutting edge.

ebil

That's okay. Just get ff14 on it instead.
Good luck with this. They're cutting support for the PS3 version, meaning PS4 is going to be the new baseline starting with 4.0. I'm not saying it's impossible that it'll get released on it, but I really don't see them getting rid of the PS3 (and to raise the minimum system requirements) only to get stuck with Switch limitations instead.

Being able to play FF14 on the go with this would be super cool but I don't see it happening at all.

Top Bottom