• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell rolls out Naked Chicken Chips, crispy-fried chicken as tortilla chips

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Previous thread from when it was in testing, looks like the tests went well enough that they're rolling it out nationwide:

The new dish is slated to arrive starting May 11, 2017 and features chip-shaped marinated, white meat chicken encased with a crispy, deep-fried shell. Since they're "chips," they come with warm nacho cheese sauce for dipping.

You'll be able to find Naked Chicken Chips nationwide in either a 6-piece order for $1.99 or a 12-piece order for $2.99. It's also available as part of a $5 Box along with a Burrito Supreme, Crunch Taco, and medium drink.

With the return of crispy chicken on the Taco Bell menu, the Crunchwrap-like Chickstar will also be available for a limited time.

JWVkAfI.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I thought the chicken shell taco was kind of dumb but I'm totally down with this. It's just different shaped nuggets but whatever.

Kas

Yeah, no thanks.

The naked chicken sucked, and this will be even worse. Itll probably still have that weird aftertaste the naked chicken had as well.

hydruxo

Just bring back the Naked Chicken Chalupa. That's all I want.

I might try this though, the chicken was surprisingly good. Only Taco Bell would do this and pass it off like it's not just chicken nuggets shaped differently.

It's not just a nugget. It's a nugget that's been pounded wafer-thin, so it's basically just breading with a non-zero-but-probably-not-visible-to-the-naked-eye portion of meat. What's the point?

Ferrio

Banned
Taco Bell went half assed with this, they didn't go far enough. They should be used as a base for their nacho items, not just chicken nuggets with shitty nacho cheese.

Taco Bell execs probably sit in a boardroom and throw words together trying to find out what sticks.

CHICKEN TACO
NACHO CHICKEN CHIPS
DORITO TACO
DORITO CHICKEN
LAVA TACO

I thought the chicken shell taco was kind of dumb but I'm totally down with this. It's just different shaped nuggets but whatever.

Bruh, if you didn't even try the Naked Chicken Chalupa, you missed out on one of the best things TB has ever put out.

And on that note, if these chicken chips have the same seasoning and flavor, I'm about to be all of them this month.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Taco Bell went half assed with this, they didn't go far enough. They should be used as a base for their nacho items, not just chicken nuggets with shitty nacho cheese.
They gotta take their time. That'll be a future LTO. Book it.

They had these in WV/Ohio about six months to a year ago. They're delicious and I think you could get 4 or 5 of them for a buck.

I eagerly anticipate their return.

Zubz

Banned
It's just Chicken Nuggets. After seeing tacos with Doritos & Fried Chicken for shells, this is pretty underwhelming.

I'll probably like these, so they'll discontinue them immediately for some other gross shit.

I have a list of TB products I've actually liked and canceled longer than that Browns QB jersey.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So it's a product they already had in a different shape

They literally have something called the fucking "Taco Burrito", at this point nothing is off the table.

Top Bottom