• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Acquires Gearbox Software for $460 million

Topher

Gold Member

Kilau

More Borderlands incoming!

Larry David Reaction GIF

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Embracer on a roll. Maybe with gearbox on board take two can go from one game every 7 years to one every 5 years.

Dane

T2 should have waited for like a year more and reevaluated under 200 million, it could have been a very practical scenario, unless others like Microsoft and EA were eagle eye'ing Gearbox.
Gearbox itself was a pretty big independent company, they would have made a management buyout.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does this mean we might finally get another Brothers in Arms? Been waiting like 80 friggin years to see Baker's and Corrion's stories finished.

EDMIX

As it fucking should be.

Such a talented team, needs a solid publisher.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Now Embracer only needs to sell err I mean divest Crystal and Eidos to Microsoft.
Before the haters hate. Crystal having moved to Unreal Engine and already working on Perfect Dark....them now getting to collaborate with The Coalition on whatever is next is a net positive.
Eidos just needs money and someone to let them do their thing.
MS being all but third party at this point also means the games will likely also hit PS5 sooner rather than later.

Fabieter

It's like people have learnt nothing from all these acquisitions in recent years.

These things don't happen for dormant IP to be revived, that's just a naive pipe-dream.

It was actually the case with thq Nordic buying all those devs. They worked on so many games no one would finance in this day and age and are now somehow hated.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Now Embracer only needs to sell err I mean divest Crystal and Eidos to Microsoft.
Before the haters hate. Crystal having moved to Unreal Engine and already working on Perfect Dark....them now getting to collaborate with The Coalition on whatever is next is a net positive.
Eidos just needs money and someone to let them do their thing.
MS being all but third party at this point also means the games will likely also hit PS5 sooner rather than later.

That PD game is going to flop or it is canned.

hlm666

iu

Can't nobody hold Randy for more than a few years. He's like one of those liquid filled water wiggler things.
1G9LuC.gif
Seeing the gif before reading your sentence I just thought it was some masturbation thing, which is more appropriate for him lol.

StueyDuck

I mean if anything it makes the most sense considering 2k...

But yeah. Why anyone would've touched these guys after the last 3 BL games they've released were hot shit and the only good thing going for them right now is an indie rogulike ip risk of rain is kind of baffling.

They seem like a waste of money, maybe they are expecting big things from the BL movie

Top Bottom