• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Taken" TV series is coming to NBC, Produced by Luc Besson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

I subscribe to a newsletter that goes over all kinds of films and TV shows in development and current production, and I just noticed this one listed in the one I'm going over today. I see online that word got out a few days ago...

http://tvnewsroom.org/newslines/ent...quel-show-based-on-liam-neeson-movies-143302/

But I love the basic listing for this one in the newsletter...

"A prequel drama about a young Bryan Mills, a young man with no wife and kids. "The series will focus on how Mills acquires his 'very particular set of skills' and becomes the character we all know. The series will bend time as it will be set in modern day, not decades in the past."

Here is the info from the above link...

Luc Besson is revisiting Taken with NBC.

Liam Neeson-starrer hit thriller franchise “Taken” will be expanded as a prequel television series at NBC. If you ever wondered how he got them – and didn’t immediately answer, “he was an army ranger and in special forces, so he probably picked them up there?” – you’ll be overjoyed to learn that Luc Besson intends to produce a prequel TV show about that very topic. Now, there’s a prequel on the way, and it’s going to be set before the events of Taken.

Andreeva adds that show has “landed a straight-to-series order at NBC”.

The series will follow a young Bryan Mills (the character played by Neeson in the three flicks) who has no wife and kids, opposed to the movies in which his wife and daughter are kidnapped.

The plot of the series will reportedly focus on Mills without children and unmarried, but set today, not the late ’80s or early ’90s. Olivier Megaton took the director’s chair for both the sequel, 2012’s Taken 2, and the third and final film, this year’s Taken 3. Quite why it will be called Taken is beyond us, unless the first episode involves him investigating who stole his first auto . However, dont expect to see Mills dealing with the Central Intelligence Agency of the 1970s and 1980s, as the series will be set in the modern day, which doesnt make any sense, but whatever. Other Besson movies that have been turned into series include La Femme Nikita and Transporter.
Last updated: Tuesday 22 September 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom