• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS: Durango rumors discussed by anonymous source

Yay!
A new pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/ppNGCwsJ

tl;dr :
- 360 gets a new revision with and without disc drive
- new 360 features like background downloading while pplaying via update
- internet connection required only for Durango Games
- BC included but 360 SOC not available for Devs but reserved for OS when Durango games are played
- free month of Xbox Live Gold for every major game bought
- new achievement system

Now if they just let me pop in the disk while internet is down to play im all good.
And free month of live for a new game sounds cool.

now i just want some hardware specs and be done with it so i can finally make a informed choice what to do and buy.
Also lets see if i get this right. The 360 hardware included will run the OS so that means close to 100% of durango is free for the developers?

ekim

BIjdEnSCcAAM2H5.jpg

errrm...
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1729326&postcount=2795

gaming_noob

If XBLG sub fees aren't going away then the f one month free offer for each new game purchased is something I can swallow. Still.. I can play COD for months though.

Key2001

i think that it could fit good in the yukon doc

in fact also at the end of the article they asking themself

" but that "X" in the logo is an intriguing statement of intent."

The X (GX) is there to differentiate between the series, something that is often use(especially with the letter X).

GX-420CA SoC with AMD Radeon HD 8400E: 2.0GHz quad-core, Radeon HD 8500E clocked at 600MHz, 25W TDP.
GX-415GA SoC with AMD Radeon HD 8330E: 1.50GHz quad-core, Radeon HD 8330E clocked at 500MHz, 15W TDP.
GX-217GA SoC with AMD Radeon HD 8280E: 1.65GHz dual-core, Radeon HD 8280E clocked at 450MHz, 15W TDP.
GX-210HA SoC with AMD Radeon HD 8210E: 1.0GHz dual-core, Radeon HD 8210E clocked at 300MHz, 9W TDP.
GX-416RA SoC: 1.60GHz quad-core, no GPU, 15W TDP.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...ies_Kabini_SoC_for_Embedded_Applications.html

- free month of Xbox Live Gold for every major game bought

Regardless of whether it's true or not, that's a really brilliant idea, providing Microsoft is willing to take the hit in subscriptions.

No need to have a disc in the drive would also be a welcome addition, even though I still don't like the idea of a required permanent connection.

ekim

To be fair - the person who created it, was clever enough to print and scan this page:
bijdensccaam2h5a3byc.jpg

for comparison another scanned document looks like this:
6a00d8345169ee69e200e71z8l.jpg

matches imho... doesn't prove legitimacy though

iceatcs

Hmm, it would be make sense with one of the rumour about 2014 release.

Somehow I want it, new technology is nice, DDR4. That's mean I will need a new motherboard.

12GB DDR4 is for the development kits (at least according to that document). I really don't think (but hope!) that Durango will have more memory than originally stated in rumors (8GB DDR3).

Alx

Regardless of whether it's true or not, that's a really brilliant idea, providing Microsoft is willing to take the hit in subscriptions.

I suppose it will balance with the potential increase in sales... no way people will buy 12 full games a year (or if they do, it's even better for MS), so it will mostly help bringing new people to the service (I suppose the "free months" will activate paid auto-renewal, like most other services).

No need to have a disc in the drive would also be a welcome addition, even though I still don't like the idea of a required permanent connection.

Playing without a disk is nice indeed. But in the end it's just a digital distribution system, with the disk being used as an unlock key (and a "pre-downloaded" support) ; if used games are blocked and you can start playing while the games download, I don't see much benefit in buying a disk rather than going full digital. It's the beginning of the end for physical distribution.

12GB RAM is not the big BS on that page. 12GB of RAM is totally possible, though it's benefit to games would not be that big.

It's the 64MB or SRAM. That is the much much bigger BS. There is just no way they doubled the amount of SRAM at the last minute. That would be a huge change.

BTW if that was an actual SEC filing, as he is trying to pretend it is, it would be publicly avaiable information.

Here is a real SEC filing. Notice the same footers and disclaimers.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1076682/000119312512013912/d283917dex101.htm

The faker probably just edited a PDF version of an existing SEC filing, and then shopped it.

shandy706

I highly doubt that document....but would be blown away if true.

I do wonder who would be smart enough or would go through the trouble of printing and scanning a page back in. That's a lot of effort.

12GB RAM is not the big BS on that page. 12GB of RAM is totally possible, though it's benefit to games would not be that big.

It's the 64MB or SRAM. That is the much much bigger BS. There is just no way they doubled the amount of SRAM at the last minute. That would be a huge change.

The 64MB change would not be that hard to do...

Haha totally busted. This is what I easily found with a google search:
http://www.investors.com/et/dfs/2011/1076682/0000950123-11-084370/y04950exv10w2.htm

AMENDMENT TO THE
XBOX 360 PUBLISHER LICENSE AGREEMENT
(2008 Renewal; Tier C; Hits Program Revisions; Expansion Packs; New Xbox 360 Live and PDLC
Incentive Program; XLSP; Japan Volume Rebate Revision; Token Promotions; Joint Promotions)

Now look at the faker's version of the title. And the "choice" parts he blacked out...

Gemüsepizza;55214968 said:
Why? It wouldn't be necessarily faster than DDR3-RAM.

What would be the use of DDR4 is it was the same speed as DDR3? Ofc it would be faster.

Uh what? It would change the whole chip and make it bigger. This could affect yield drastically.

Hu what? It would not generate a much different yield. Not like these are rocket science nowadays.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
heh but I'm very very curious on this person who made this fake doc. Wishful MS fan or someone like to play/mess fanboys mind?
Why would an MS fan create something that could only possibly lead to disappointment if anyone believed it?

TriGen

Agreed. I don't really have anything left to say about these Xbox rumors anymore (still love reading them, though!) because they're all over the place, but buying a new game and getting one month of Gold is a neat idea by itself.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
yeah i think so to. not particularly thrilled with the details.

the "one month of free Gold with every purchase" sounds like such a Microsoft move.

To me it sounds exactly like how they would spin the "Always Connected, no used games" thing.

"Hey, you can't play games offline and you can't trade them, but we'll give you a "free" month of live when you buy a game new. Please be excited."

Top Bottom