• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Pre-load is up on Steam

Hey guys.

tumblr_o0ef7wemMm1smxonlo1_500.gif

Mifec

Not gonna lie these are some high quality memes, first they put trash DRM that gets cracked an hour after the game is out, the 720p lock, 40fps, text being fucked. Nice memes.

Ok, so here's what I've gathered so far:
- 30fps (yeah, we've been through this a lot)
- 720p internal resolution lock
- Dynamic™ DRM (create new .exe each time the game launch)
- Overlay(s) may cause the game to crash
- Opening config & save menu takes 30 seconds on certain version of Windows
- Lots of typo in menu (which can be easily fixed by editing a txt file)
- Reports of random crashes

And keep in mind this was a straight port from PS3 originally based on the Gamecube release from 2004. What the hell happened?

KingBroly

Banned

ewwww That sounds fucking disgusting

I don't get how after 10 years the GameCube version is still the best version of Symphonia. They must really not give a shit about the brand at this point.

Nanashrew

Banned
And keep in mind this was a straight port from PS3 originally based on the Gamecube release from 2004. What the hell happened?

Gamecube version is the original version. It was later down ported to the PS2 and then the PS2 version was remade for PS3 with a lot of its flaws. It feels like they down ported the PS3 version which was already originally a down port.

It's crazy.

Banned
Yo this port is hot garbage. This would have been my first play through of this game. And I just gave up on Zestiria too. Jesus I'm done with Tales.

KingBroly

Banned
What's the obsession with 60fps? That does nothing for a game like this.

Uh...what? The original GameCube version was 60fps. It has everything to do with a game like this. It's an ACTION RPG. 30fps is a downgrade.

E - Well I got beaten to hell and back

Momentary

Banned

Are you serious right now? This is an action RPG. Hell, I don't care if it was Chess. I'd run that at 144FPS. It's so damn clean, smooth, and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Running Zestiria at 60 literally was a damn blessing for the game play. I can't ever go back to that unresponsive jittery shit.

I guess all these problems explains why it was a free preorder bonus.

Yeah, I would be VERY mad right now if I didn't get the game for free from the Zestiria pre-order. Heck, I'll be mad if I paid Zestiria for full price just to get this pile of port. $30 for two games seem reasonable for me.

MUnited83

For you.

The original game was 60fps, and the game is a real time action RPG: it does benefit a lot from 60fps.
Though to be sure, the 30fps lock is the the least of this port's problems. If that would be everything wrong it with it would be fine.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
LcqAV6u.png

so... it looks like they have duplicates of the pre-title screen FMV in the movie folder. one with the GC music, one with the PS2 music?

Jokab

No single Tales game so far had online co-op, why would a port of a port of an expanded port suddenly have one?

Why the hell would it have online co-op? It's a pc port of a 10 years old game.

Because local co-op in ToS was fun as hell and the prime reason why I loved it so much. I don't know the architecture of the game but what better time to implement online co-op would there be than for the Steam port?

Top Bottom