• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria will hit the West the same year it hits Japan

Espada

Man, I'm ecstatic that they changed their tune on localization. It's great to see Tales games being localized on a regular basis, and Bamco actually acknowledging they have overseas fans.

2015 is going to be a crazy year.

redhairedking

I still remember back when Bamco insisted Graces was never coming to the West. I'm very pleased to see this new localization plan.

Zabuza

Banned
Very good news. There's a stark difference between now and back when people would scoff if someone talked about a Tales game localization.

Spring in Japan (March-May) then summer in NA (August) is my prediction. After how well Xillia performed for them and how well Xillia 2 will likely perform for them, I think they'll try and keep it a late summer release for NA.

early 2015 pls

If Xenoblade X and Persona 5 make it out early too holy crap
I know! I don't think there could be bigger and better titles to anticipate!

Sagitario

I don't mind getting it a bit later, even by a few months, honestly. It's time that could be used to improve the game (maybe add some extras) and fix bugs or glitches.

redhairedking

Yes namco, 2015 is fine with me. Take all the time that you need. No more rushed shit like Graces and Xillia.

Xillia was even rushed in the original Japanese release. Graces, if I remember correctly, actually had delays in localization but was already a buggy game to begin with

fedexpeon

Banned
PS3 has a longggg leg for new IPs.
I would love a PS4 port though >.<
Don't need to upgrade the graphic, just a straight port.

Wow awesome news!

I have my RPG schedule all planned out:

Xillia 2 in Aug
Dragon Age I in Oct
Hearts R around Dec I guess
Witcher 3 in Feb 15
And Persona 5 somewhere Q1/2 15 I hope.

With Zesteria Q4 15 most likely I just have to find something for the summer/fall 15 and I'm set!

TaiKH92

Banned
Wow awesome news!

I have my RPG schedule all planned out:

Xillia 2 in Aug
Dragon Age I in Oct
Hearts R around Dec I guess
Witcher 3 in Feb 15
And Persona 5 somewhere Q1/2 15 I hope.

With Zesteria Q4 15 most likely I just have to find something for the summer/fall 15 and I'm set!

Noooooooooo don't say this

TaiKH92

Banned
Ya I know it sucks but I really hope they put out a good quality dub like Abyss/Vesperia and not like Graces f/Xillia.

I know Troy Baker might be too expensive to voice JRPGs now but he did a fantastic job as Yuri.

I haven't read many comments about the Graces f /Xillia dubbing being considered bad though, anyway I wonder how long Zestiria has been in development.

Soriku

I haven't read many comments about the Graces f /Xillia dubbing being considered bad though, anyway I wonder how long Zestiria has been in development.

That's because Graces and Xillia have (mostly) good dubs.

Haven't played Vesperia but Abyss' VA isn't any better than those two games.

Boss Mog

Vesperia's main character is voiced by Troy Baker in the dub and he's pretty much the #1 voice actor right now, he's in literally everything these days and I'd say rightfully so, I generally really like his performances.

Videoneon

Ya I know it sucks but I really hope they put out a good quality dub like Abyss/Vesperia and not like Graces f/Xillia.

I know Troy Baker might be too expensive to voice JRPGs now but he did a fantastic job as Yuri.

I think Troy Baker wouldn't mind playing Yuri again. But those were comments from long ago, so I don't know if things have changed for him or if what he'd be charging.

Abyss is easily the weakest, though it's not terrible. Vesperia is mostly good too, same with Graces and Xillia, though arguably Xillia less so

I think Troy Baker wouldn't mind playing Yuri again. But those were comments from long ago, so I don't know if things have changed for him or if what he'd be charging.

Abyss is easily the weakest, though it's not terrible. Vesperia is mostly good too, same with Graces and Xillia, though arguably Xillia less so

I guess it boils down to personal preference but I felt Graces f/Xillia was not on the same par as the other two. I didn't say they were bad (significantly better than others like Star Ocean The Last Hope) but I did not like the banter and voices compared to Abyss/Vesperia. It can also boil down to writing.

redhairedking

Indeed. Symphonia Chronicles being dual audio and ToH R being Japanese only gives me hope.

ToH R being Japanese only actually works against it, in my opinion. From what I've seen of the english script, it looks like the localization team wrote it under the assumption the game would be dubbed. From the few scenes I've seen, it does not fit well at all (meaning a character says one word in Japanese that becomes two sentences in English).

Top Bottom