• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Jungle Inferno Update

KarmaCow

The patch notes are up at least.

edit: Am I crazy or did they already do some of these changes. I could have sworn the Bonk nerf was already in the game.

Mr_Moogle

I played TF2 for over 1000 hours but dropped the game after they nerfed by beloved Degreaser + Axtinguisher combo. Will never go back.

Valve in general can gagf too. Used to be my favourite developer and now they are dead to me.

ah rip the base jumper, now how will i mess with people

The patch notes are up at least.

edit: Am I crazy or did they already do some of these changes. I could have sworn the Bonk nerf was already in the game.

they were testing these awhile back, from the looks of things they are here to stay

KarmaCow

Wow they actually touched MvM in this update too. Basically nothing beyond a voice line fix and some upgrades for the new Pyro weapons but there's at least one person at Valve who cares.

they were testing these awhile back, from the looks of things they are here to stay

Ah okay that makes sense.

I am 99% sure they won't fix the Cow Mangler's broken texture, making it unable to glow when crit boosted, despite being able to be boosted now.

It never used to matter (obviously), but now it does. It's especially important on a rocket launcher.

So many more backpack slots for useless crates.

Those Vita-Saw changes, whew boy. Keeping 60% Uber on death if you play your cards right sure is something.

Zia

So they left matchmaking as is. Looks like this update is meaningless to me and everyone I used to play with. Least they got some sick $10 taunts and a Crazy New Way To Play campaign pass in there.

Yukinari

So they left matchmaking as is. Looks like this update is meaningless to me and everyone I used to play with. Least they got some sick $10 taunts and a Crazy New Way To Play campaign pass in there.

The changes to contracts and campaign rewards is pretty big honestly.

I assume some mad men will do their contracts all in a single day though.

Blam

Multiple higher up at Valve including Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have said that they want all the Valve devs working on Source 2 eventually. One of the CSGO devs also said in an interview earlier this year that Source 2 was the future of all games at Valve and CSGO would eventually be ported to Source 2. I'm pretty sure TF2 is coming to Source 2 eventually even though it hasn't been confirmed. Some have speculated that's why this update took so long but I'm not so sure.

To further add to this they were working on a direct source to source 2 converter for their games. L4D2 and portal 2 are their testbeds for this.

So many more backpack slots for useless crates.

Those Vita-Saw changes, whew boy. Keeping 60% Uber on death if you play your cards right sure is something.

I like this change a lot. It took a boring, overpowered, weapon and turned it into something actually pretty interesting and rewarding to use.

I'm still not a fan of -10HP though. A bland, kind of pointless downside.

They were going to ship matchmaking changes, but they decided they weren't quite happy with where they were

Garlador

Last time I played Team Fortress 2 was... years ago. In the Orange Box. On Xbox 360.

I feel old looking up the "Meet the Team" videos and seeing ones that are just like "posted 8 years ago".

KarmaCow

Can you complete the bonus objectives after turning a contract? I'm assuming no but I'm finding it pretty hard to even get the opportunity to complete the bonus objectives on the first Pyro contract since everyone is playing Pyro and no one is dumb enough to play a soldier or demo against that.

Captain Fun

Neo Member
Can you complete the bonus objectives after turning a contract? I'm assuming no but I'm finding it pretty hard to even get the opportunity to complete the bonus objectives on the first Pyro contract since everyone is playing Pyro and no one is dumb enough to play a soldier or demo against that.
Not sure. I didn't want to risk turning it in without the objective.

The Pyro contract objectives took me a while because of those damn reflect kills.

PK Gaming

Still the best damn patch notes in the business, their upfront and easy to understand nature make them top class.

Rescue Ranger
The ability to repair buildings safely from range without using metal is powerful. Combine this with the ability to instantly teleport buildings from far away - which by itself is interesting and useful enough in many circumstances - and you end up with a package that is very strong.

Changes:
Ranged repairs now consume metal (at a 4-to-1 health-to-metal ratio, e.g. repairing 60 damage costs 15 metal)
Doubled the amount of metal applied (per wrench hit) when upgrading buildings during the "Setup" period.

:')

Top Bottom