• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) shipping this summer

hydruxo

http://www.destructoid.com/tearaway-unfolded-looks-to-be-a-summer-release-288393.phtml

Now the former head of audio at Media Molecule, Kenneth Young has revealed that the PS4 not-really-a-port version of Tearaway is coming this summer.

After announcing that he was leaving Media Molecule to work for Media Molecule as an audio contractor, Young let his followers know that Tearaway Unfolded is set to ship this summer.

@kcmyoung: Sad to announce that I am leaving @mediamolecule :( But excited to announce that my first client as a #GameAudio contractor will be…
@kcmyoung: …@mediamolecule! :) I’ll be working with my friends there until we ship #TearawayUnfolded this summer. Then I’m going to have a rest!

Kuro

I really really hope this does well this time. Maybe Sony will actually market the game properly for the holidays

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
amir0x

hype?!

Picked it up on the Vita, never got around to playing it, still have it just sitting there in my room sealed. So I look forward to playing this in the summer.

Bought the original game for my sister, since I got her a Vita a year ago.

Now I will buy the PS4 release, as I want to play it again and with all the extra goodies :D

(Plus I support Media Molecule - industry needs more companies willing to step away from all the popular molds)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Props for this game existing but it will thud so hard at retail without a good price point. $20 i would say.

Stampy

I was wondering about the same thing? Can someone explain this?

it's all about money and freestyling...

He is going to do contractual work for more clients, more money, more oportunities...

Shame to know he is leaving, will probably be hard for media molecule to fill in the gap, even more since with their new game they also want to revolutionize sound making.

i loved tearaway but alot of the charm was because of Vitas touchscreen. not sure how this will translate to ps4. Is this a sequel or is it just a slightly enhanced version of the original?

MavFan619

Banned
My brother enjoyed this game on Vita and told me to play it. I'll wait on the PS4 version but I'll definitely be picking this up.

i loved tearaway but alot of the charm was because of Vitas touchscreen. not sure how this will translate to ps4. Is this a sequel or is it just a slightly enhanced version of the original?

It's a new game. They even said this on PS Experience, the game is impossible to port from Vita.

nicolajNN

For those asking about it being a port or new game, it's remake of the Vita version. It will follow the same story, and you will visit the same locations, but the design of the areas, and how you interact with the game will be different since the PS4 don't have the two touchpads which were heavily used to interact with the world on the Vita.

Props for this game existing but it will thud so hard at retail without a good price point. $20 i would say.

Not sure about the US price, but the original was £20 in Europe so it's possible that this will be in the same price range

jmaine_ph

Rented it for Vita out of curiosity and I regret not supporting this game. I will be buying the PS4 version just to do that! It's amazing!!

I was wondering about the same thing? Can someone explain this?

Think of it like this: He's now a freelancer. He will go to whichever developer needs his help. The first place he's going is Media Molecule to help them finish up the game. Another example would be, say The Kinda Funny guys. They all quit IGN, but Greg and Colin will freelance write for different sites. To this point, the only place Colin has done any freelancing since quitting from IGN is.... IGN. Like Colin, Kenny will eventually find his way somewhere else. I guess he doesn't want to be tied down to one place and being able to bounce from studio to studio is appealing to him.

Enhanced port with new and altered content?

Pretty much all the set pieces and mechanics that have been shown so far are new, and I don't think the overall story of the game can be told without some of the every-unit features of the Vita... I think this is closer to retcon than director's cut.

Top Bottom