• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan |OT| Heroes in a Bargain Bin

Lijik

The music that plays when after a secret boss comes in during a fight and you're down to just one of them is incredible.

Labolas

Aw man playing co-op is pretty fun. Played on hard and got to Karai. I got super hyped at seeing Shredder appear. Fucking crazy boss fight.

Dueck

Banned
Co-op is either way better or way worse than going solo. It depends if your teammates are dumber than the A.I. Sadly, it's more common than you'd think. I'm not one for socializing anyways, one of the reasons I always felt a connection to Raph :p I can't grasp how TF: Devastation was so beloved and this isn't. There's very little separating them.

Labolas

Co-op is either way better or way worse than going solo. It depends if your teammates are dumber than the A.I. Sadly, it's more common than you'd think. I'm not one for socializing anyways, one of the reasons I always felt a connection to Raph :p I can't grasp how TF: Devastation was so beloved and this isn't. There's very little separating them.

Yeah, I feel you on the Co-op experience. I just met an asshole host in the game that pissed at me because I was doing better than him. Then he decided to kick just me out of the group. Experiences like this makes me want to go solo rather than play with co-op.

This game is pretty junk. After Transformers I had faith. Then reviews rolled in and the dream was almost dead. But playing and finishing it I can't not agree with those reviews. It's a damn shame. I'm not sure delaying it would have made much difference. I think the whole concept of the game would need serious work. Everything was pretty poor overall.

Can't wait to sell it now and forget I ever bought such trash.

The DF Review semi-praised the co-op. Guess I'll have to grab it when it's really cheap :( as my friends won't be willing to buy it if it costs a lot. Shame as I really wanted to play this despite all the reviews.

Deep down I wish I had the programming knowledge to make a beat-em-up as I would love to make a new sprite-based TMNT beat-em-up. Making the music and the art would be the easy(but time-consuming) part of it.

ugh... just found out there is no LAN/system link option. Why do devs not add this. That is completely stupid if your game is going to revolve around co-op playing. What happens when servers go down....

Been doing a few sessions online with friends, we had a blast to begin with but the
Mega Krang
boss was a chore.

Soundtrack is pretty good, need to get that stage summary theme.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Picked this up from a Redbox, high off of having seeing the new movie, and I was disappointed. The last three console games I've played coincidentally have been Transformers, Star Fox and now Ninja Turtles. Dunno if it's because I've just picked up on the formula, but I'm not a fan. Something about the stages feel so hollow. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's a level of soul that's missing.

Labolas

Picked this up from a Redbox, high off of having seeing the new movie, and I was disappointed. The last three console games I've played coincidentally have been Transformers, Star Fox and now Ninja Turtles. Dunno if it's because I've just picked up on the formula, but I'm not a fan. Something about the stages feel so hollow. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's a level of soul that's missing.

Nah, it's not the formula, it's just a pretty shallow game. Btw, what are your thoughts on Transformers and Star Fox?

bumpkin

I finally picked this up on the cheap thanks to a sale at Best Buy plus reward vouchers. I wanted to give the online a go but I couldn't seem to join most of the rooms, and the ones I did join, the host wasn't starting the game. I sat and waited for 10-15 minutes before exiting the room.

Is the online multiplayer super broken or is my wireless network hosing me (being unable to join rooms)?

I have the game on XB1 if anyone wants to try and play it sometime. My GT is DaveB1980

NeoRaider

Sorry to bump this dead thread but i just wanted to ask was this game ever patched on PC and was that 30fps lock removed officially? This game died even before it was released and i never heard anything about it since then. Also Steam community is pretty much dead for few weeks now.

Chairhome

Sorry to bump this dead thread but i just wanted to ask was this game ever patched on PC and was that 30fps lock removed officially? This game died even before it was released and i never heard anything about it since then. Also Steam community is pretty much dead for few weeks now.
I'm glad you asked, cause I just looked. Yes.

https://youtu.be/Wz68K-okIV4

If this goes on sale on steam for less than 20, might have to get it. I have it on ps4, and it's ok

The real reason the game didn't do well is because they didn't use the "Coming out their Shells" and "Gettin' Down in Your Town" tour soundtracks as the music for the game.

Skipping Stones for Credits theme.

Ooccoo

This looks like a $10 game really. I had hopes with the initial reveal, but once previews started rolling in I knew it was junk. And this is coming from a TMNT fan.

Game is currently 13 bucks on Amazon for PS4

I think I might finally bite for that price, even though I know this is the low tier of platinum...

Is there any issues with the way the PS4 version runs?

Top Bottom