• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

krae_man

Mamesj said:
"Do you come with the game?"

"Oh you, tee hee hee"

*next guy walks up*

"Do you come with the game?

"Oh you, tee hee hee"

Simpsons references fall on deaf ears now for some reason :(

I blame Family Guy.

TMNT.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PepsimanVsJoe said:
The Shredder POV fight was gimmicky anyway.

If by gimmicky you mean it was the motivation to completely overhaul the battle system, then yes, I agree.

thetrin said:
If by gimmicky you mean it was the motivation to completely overhaul the battle system, then yes, I agree.

They should have made a boss fight that used the quadruple slam then. That move got far more mileage out of my TMNTIV playing. Great crowd control + more points makes it a better choice.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PepsimanVsJoe said:
They should have made a boss fight that used the quadruple slam then. That move got far more mileage out of my TMNTIV playing. Great crowd control + more points makes it a better choice.

I won't argue there.

Little Green Yoda said:

Uuuuh...the game was only 2 player.

Vinsanity

Nice.

Probably no one will know WTF I'm talking about but, I hope they include the "manual dash" option from the SNES version. Made the game that much more fun.

liposome said:
Nice.

Probably no one will know WTF I'm talking about but, I hope they include the "manual dash" option from the SNES version. Made the game that much more fun.

The double tap to run? God yes, it needs that.

I love how you can toss a footsoldier right at the screen. I thought that was like the coolest graphical gimmick ever back in the day.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Little Green Yoda said:
Fucking amazing game. But I see no reason to buy this since my SNES copy works perfectly. :lol

The SNES version has online play!@?!?!?!?!?!?R#?efadsf

IS THERE A CODE TO UNLOCK IT OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The Shredder POV fight was fucking awesome, wish they would make sure it is in the game.

Fixed for great justice.

Though based on the original on XBLA, I think we know it won't happen. Super sad face. :((

I was just thinking.. why not pull the same thing that R Type did where you could hit a button and it switched from the 3D look to the 2D classic look in real time? Now that would be sweet.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
bigGIRLSblouse said:
I was just thinking.. why not pull the same thing that R Type did where you could hit a button and it switched from the 3D look to the 2D classic look in real time? Now that would be sweet.
Why not? Simple answer: Backbone.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Little Green Yoda said:
Seriously?

I feel stupid now. <_<

Arcade version is the one with 4 players, not the SNES - so that's ANOTHER reason to get this version, although yes, the SNES version is better in every single way aside from that...

ZeoVGM

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:

I mentioned that before. They could easily (and many games have that feature, btw, you just need to pause and go to the options screen) do that, but that will pretty much confirm this is a straight arcade port, with no SNES stages.

Threi

notag
PepsimanVsJoe said:
The Shredder POV fight was gimmicky anyway.
yeah...UNTIL YOU JUDO-FLIPPED A MOTHERFUCKER ONTO THE SCREEN

every throw was so sweet, especially when you get a couple throws in a row :D

omg rite said:
I mentioned that before. They could easily (and many games have that feature, btw, you just need to pause and go to the options screen) do that, but that will pretty much confirm this is a straight arcade port, with no SNES stages.
looks more complex than that. rtype wasn't a reskin. they basically rebuilt the whole game. i think building in the other levels wouldn't be that hard if it wasn't reskinning either.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

The devs had better figure a way to get this on the Wii as hinted. There's no way I can afford a 360, especially if it's the only interesting game (for me) on the thing.

This game has one of the best, most consistent soundtracks ever made for a video game. I get goosebumps from listening to it. It's like the guys at Konami said "What would a great beat 'em up sound like in audio form?" and had worked on the matter for years before giving us this heart-pumping, smile-inducing gem of a game.

It's like Konami found the way to fulfill our urge to kick some ass and our crave for partying hard into one package of short but sweet-oh-so-sweet digital love.

I want this game.

RavenFox

Banned
Sega1991 said:
When you're translating something 2D to 3D, it usually is. For something to look "right" in 3D, there's a lot of rules that have to be followed in terms of lighting, animation, how an object is portrayed in 3D space...

These rules don't have to apply to 2D.

It's not so much as being a purist and wanting to see the game in its original format, its a matter of...

Does this game really need to be in 3D? Is there any benefits to it being in 3D? Wasn't the original 2D game functional enough? Sure, it portrayed events in a psuedo-3D space, but it didn't need to be remade in 3D, did it? There was nothing wrong with it in its current format.

In bringing the game to 3D, you introduce a lot of potential problems, in terms of a different art style, how this effects gameplay, collision detection, etc.

I'd be more excited for "Turtles in Time HD Remix" than "Turtles in Time 3D Remix".
Listen to this man.

Azure J

CANNOT SEE THE AWESOME, THE JIZZ THAT FLEW OUT OF ME HIT ME IN THE EYE AND BLINDED ME. HOLY FUUUUUUCK! :lol :D :lol

RavenFox said:
Listen to this man.

Instead listen to this one:

SecretBonusPoint said:
For the 2d only crew, you can play that game right now. Hell, it might even be in the remake package. Who knows. An HD remake woud essentially be pointless. It was pretty high quality 2d back then, theres no justifying the cost or niche target of doing a 2d HD re-draw.

For the rest of us, the chance to see all these awesome retro Turtles characters from the 90's show in an awesome 3d brawler? Yes, sweet merciful yes. Characters like Baxter the fly, Krang and Leatherhead have been long since forgotten from modern day iterations and never seen in 3d. If this game does shit-tons awesome, maybe it will show the powers-that-be that this was the universe that most Turtles fans know, love and support.

Seeing the old cartoon's Shredder design right there on the menu, and the rainbow coloured robotic foot-soldiers is proof enough the game will retain most of it's awesome style.

;)

Oneself said:
No PSN as in, no PSN .. or as in Prince of Persia remake?

Considering the blog says they're only thinking about bringing it to Wii in the future, the chances of a PSN version are slim to none. Doesn't seem like they're even considering it.

Top Bottom