• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
Dead Rising 3, I am using my decoder ring and.....I think.....it means that Dead Rising 3 will probably be seen at the MS and then they will get exclusive DLC for another game, or is it good guys that will be?
Damn this ring.
Either way #Team CBOAT

Nekofrog

Banned
The best part of cboat posts are the people who have never been exposed to cboat posts, and are therefor utterly befuddled.

You learn to read it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ok am I reading it right that Sony might have some similar anti-used stuff coming but no one is confirming? Or is that way off?

Edit- nevermind- he was talking about xbone

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm curious to know what will transpire when journos inevitably ask about a PS4 version. Omitting info is one thing, but lying would be a whole new ball game.

They could simply say that they're not allowed to disclose anything about a potential PS4 version at this time.

Ok am I reading it right that Sony might have some similar anti-used stuff coming but no one is confirming? Or is that way off?

Well, yes. It's always been possible, hence the recent initiative by gamers to get them to change their tune. CBOAT is just saying that it's difficult to get any confirmation one way or another because Sony is being very quiet about the issue... and understandably so.

I'm curious to know what will transpire when journos inevitably ask about a PS4 version. Omitting info is one thing, but lying would be a whole new ball game.

"We're not discussing that at this time"?

I mean, they're already on a roll. I assume every pub with a game being presenting at the MS conference is in with the DRM scheme

Translation please?

MS moneyhatting non anoucements for sony conf?

Mirrors edge, Prince of Persia, World of Tanks, Dead Rising and another capcom game at ms conf?

no plans for rental on xbox?

drm strategy from day 1 was as terrible as can be?

Live is still behind a paywall even for f2p games?

Online gaming still free at sony?

No info on sony drm/used games?

Thank you based CBoaT! I've always believed in you!

Sounds like tomorrow's MS conf might be worse than their last one. At least there will be games. And Sony keeping quiet doesn't seem good to me...

ascii42

Probably, but that basically confirms it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
online gaming to stay free on PSN confirmed

not sure why so many people thought Sony would suddenly paywall it

Because people forget that PS Plus has shown Sony that being generous is lucrative.

I'm expecting non answers like "We're considering our options at the moment" & "We don't want to rule anything out", etc.

Lime

5096ec7aafa96f73b70050ramy.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

Replicant

If Sony does DRM, wouldn't one naturally assume that they'd also get some goodies from these 3rd party publishers? The fact that they don't get any exclusives and some multi-platform titles won't even be shown at their stage suggest to me that they must have pissed off some 3rd party publishers.

- MS are buying non-mentions of third party multiplatform titles on the PS4
- MS DRM policy won't come until GamesCom, no rental policy planned, what was said last week was off the cuff and not planned
- Power of 'the cloud' is all bullshit, it's purely to hide the DRM of the console, EA/Ubisoft biggest backers, but surprisingly not Activision
- DRM policy is worse than they're letting on
- Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference
- Prince of Persia at MS conference
- Phil Spencer game
- Online Paywall like XBL
- Dead Rising 3/ Exlusive DLC for a second Capcom game
- No paywall for Sony's online
- No info on Sony's DRM, very tight lipped

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So is Dead Rising 3 and Mirror's Edge 2 exclusive?

Hattori

Banned
Microsoft is actively attempting to make sure that multi-platform titles do not mention the PS4 version ("buying" the non-mentions--presumably by offering incentives). As a result, there will be titles that do not have a PS4 version mentioned, but are arriving on PS4. Unless exclusivity is explicitly specified, there is a PS4 version behind the scenes, but it's not being discussed.

damn that is just plain despicable and dirty

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya
Loose Translation (My thoughts in parenthesis.)

MS actively attempting to buy silence on PS4 announcements. If you don't explicitly hear "exclusive for Xbox One", assume otherwise.

Stage 2 of discussing the DRM strategy will be discussed at Gamescom. Rental strategy is a lie. No plan for support; just want to keep quiet. Stage 1 was last Thursday's total clusterfuck.

The "cloud" is totally just a ploy for DRM. It's MS that approached third-parties, not the other way around. EA/Ubisoft support it a lot, but surprisingly not Activision.

One of the DRM plans is worse than you imagine. Can't get enough evidence to say more; people are scared for their jobs.

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference. No Tim Langdell. (lol)

Prince of Persia regurgitate for MS conference (port/remake?)

Uh.... World of Tanks? (No idea here.)

Xbox LIVE is still not free.

Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game. (Not sure if DR3 is exclusive.)

Can't confirm anything about paying for Sony online.

Sony completely guarding any info regarding DRM.

Final words before I hibernate:
1. All praiseNeoGAF.
2. Thank all you doubters, your bitter tears are my bidet.
3. Be nice to Major Nelson, he has a job. Like Al Snow. (who?)
4. My balls, my word.

I would imagine that they can't mention any PS4 versions any during the MS presentation.

Anything after that would be fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom