• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 New Character - Reina Revealed

F-y3qUoWEAA-7y_

53321834920_8c90a7660f_b.jpg

368589563_351747377390537_2077302960751380288_n.jpg

Reina, a short character summary.

Conceived in T7 story development 10 years ago. But this time, she is here to play a big role in the T8 main plotline. Despite her fancy and stunning looks, evil runs through her veins and has duality in both her personality and fighting style.

-Taido-ryu Karate, which Reina mainly relies on has dirty moves such as eye rakes, knife-hand strikes and scratching.
-She can access to Sentai style/stance to close the gap and rush down opponents.
-She also has Unsoku style/stance, which deliver heavy blows with agile footwork -- speed and aggression is the cornerstone for this style.
-Of course, she has Mishima-ryu -- the iconic WGF and Hellsweep is hers to abuse. She also inherits Heihachi's Heaven's Wrath (damage on hit reversal)
Article said her damage at the wall is the best compared to all characters.
-Reina was created with the help of a 4-time Taido World Champion, Tetsuji Nakano.
-Reina design was done by Mari Shimazaki, who previously had done characters like Kazumi and Josie in T7. She's had a hand in character designing in other games such as Bayonetta, Gunslinger Stratos, Okami, Soulcalibur V and more.

Honestly she looks really cool. Probably best new character design Tekken ever had. And she'll be my new main character !!

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Totally badass, tho I can't decide if she or Victor is the most badass. Everyone is so badass this time around. They have really been leveling up the cool factor, giving me flashbacks to Tekken 4.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Boring design and just a Heihachi genderbent replacer with a stance system. And no Anna Williams in the roster again? Oof.

I thought she would get a lot more Heihachi moves, so maybe Heihachi dlc still coming?
Other than that, I like her and she could be my new main, there is also Lee.
Mained Heihachi, before that Lee and Lei though, lol.

midnightAI

Boring design and just a Heihachi genderbent replacer with a stance system. And no Anna Williams in the roster again? Oof.
I dont think we've seen all fighters yet? (actually, I'm not too fussed so long as they appear in some form even as DLC)

Last edited:

Bkdk

Pretty great design, super rare these days for major titles, looking forward to nude mods or even modders use its model to replace other ugly female chars in other games!

SkylineRKR

She looks cool, way more interesting than Asuka (which I wouldn't mind if she were axed now that Jun also returned). I am kind of surprised Lidia didn't make the cut, after being released so late in T7's life. In fact, most T7 newcomers have been axed. Which I don't complain about, Gigas and Lucky were trash. Azucena obviously renders Katarina obsolete. But Claudio is there though, do people even enjoy using him?

Top Bottom