• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Bloodline Netflix show

NahaNago

I just wanted to say the show releases today or August 18 on netflix. I've only watched the first episode so far. I still don't like the style of the show but I'm still at least interested after the first episode.

From the youtube description:

"Power is everything." Jin Kazama learned the family self-defense arts, Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts, from his mother at an early age. Even so, he was powerless when a monstrous evil suddenly appeared, destroying everything dear to him, changing his life forever. Angry at himself for being unable to stop it, Jin vowed revenge and sought absolute power to exact it. His quest will lead to the ultimate battle on a global stage — The King of Iron Fist Tournament.

GymWolf

I just wanted to say the show releases today or August 18 on netflix. I've only watched the first episode so far. I still don't like the style of the show but I'm still at least interested after the first episode.

From the youtube description:

"Power is everything." Jin Kazama learned the family self-defense arts, Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts, from his mother at an early age. Even so, he was powerless when a monstrous evil suddenly appeared, destroying everything dear to him, changing his life forever. Angry at himself for being unable to stop it, Jin vowed revenge and sought absolute power to exact it. His quest will lead to the ultimate battle on a global stage — The King of Iron Fist Tournament.

How is the ratio of shitty drama and training\fighing?

NahaNago

What's with the weird triangular lighting on their heads?
I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. I played a little of episode 2 just to see if that weird shadow is in it and they also have it on the characters. The shadows are always in some type of angle on the characters and covers like 90 percent of the character. Really weird and looks cheap.

Last edited:

solidus12

Jin looks weird; other than that, it looks alright.
I hope they’ll have the soundtracks of Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament.

Can't be worse than this turd, can it?
Tekken_Movie_Poster.jpg

NahaNago

Watched 3 episodes so far and I'm liking it. The triangle shading bothers me from time to time but that is only because I notice it every once in a while. I'll finish it later since I need to get some sleep. The 5 out of 10 rating makes sense. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7 right now just because I'm slightly enjoying it even though I do think it is meh.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It doesn't matter if this is the best thing ever written I can't get past that art style and animation style, its really really horrible in so many different ways. Damn shame. I know modern animation is all computery like that nowadays to save money so its par for the course but this "Netflix style" I keep seeing really is the cream of the crap when it comes to bad CGI animation.

Fbh

How come 90% of all the ugly CG anime ends up on Netflix. Is it them just cheapening out or are all the decent animation studios contractually tied to crunchyroll?

As if the CG animation wasn't ugly enough they also go an put a weird triangular shadow on everything.

How come 90% of all the ugly CG anime ends up on Netflix. Is it them just cheapening out or are all the decent animation studios contractually tied to crunchyroll?

As if the CG animation wasn't ugly enough they also go an put a weird triangular shadow on everything.
yeah these CGI animes are the worst

Reactions: Fbh
What’s going on with Netflix, they can’t seem get a good show out, every show I have watched this year has been a load of shit, even sandman was turned into some stupid woke crap

NahaNago

Okay I just finished it and I for the most part enjoyed it. Yeah, it doesn't look that great but I was hooked. The fighting was intense at times and I enjoyed how every attack was completely shown. If not for the fact that I hate the style and shadows, I would rate it much higher. I would rate it a 7 or maybe even a 7.5. I do think that is a bit high though since I don't think anything was done really well but like I said I found it enjoyable.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm about 3 episodes in. It's fine. Art is shit. For the fans of the games. I can't imagine watching this blind and liking it much.

SSfox

Can't be worse than this turd, can it?
Tekken_Movie_Poster.jpg
This honestly wasn't that bad. And it is the best thing Tekken had. Specially after The 2 Hollywood abomination movies and Tekken Blood "weeb" vengence.

This Tekken netflix is actually fine, not accurate in anyway but it has many things right and references to lore stuffs that even Tekken devs ignored post Tekken 4.

The first episode is wholesome, seeing young Jin and Jun living their normal life in the forest is a dream come true to any true Tekken fan.

YCoCg

Watching it all it's a decent basic story filling gap between the events of Tekken 2 and Tekken 3, stays true to all the beats of the story outline. The only thing that seems off was using characters or designs from later tournaments, e.g. Julia is in her Tekken 6/7 costume, Leeroy is here despite him being Tekken 7 DLC, there's a load of Tekken 4 characters who are basically background fodder. Hell, even Anna is shown and she has ZERO interaction with Nina at all, once the tournament starts they show off all these fighters and suddenly brush past all the fights in a quick 15 second montage just so it can focus on the main fights Jin takes part in.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
They did a cracking job on Castlevania. Granted it’s the only video game to animated show I would recommend. Dragons Dogma in particular was god awful.
That league of legends show was pretty good. It clearly had a bigger budget so they didn't give it that shitty standard Netflix animation.

Griffon

It followed the Tekken 3 plot pretty well, so that's a plus. But the execution was very underwhelming and barebones. Thankfully it was short so it wasn't much of a waste of time.

I would not recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It followed the Tekken 3 plot pretty well, so that's a plus. But the execution was very underwhelming and barebones. Thankfully it was short so it wasn't much of a waste of time.

I would not recommend it to anyone.
Agreed. I had it on in the background for the last half of it. It's really poor in many respects. I found myself scrolling my phone during it a lot when the novelty wore off. Not good at all.

CamHostage

What's with the weird triangular lighting on their heads?

It's pretty crazy. I remember thinking the first trailer looked okay'ish, nowhere near Arcane but at least it had a style to it and wasn't the lifeless faux-reality of Sola Digital Arts or Polygon Pictures style (man, that Blade Runner animated series put me to sleep...)

But now that somebody pointed it out, I can't unsee the triangles! (I'm sure I would have noticed if I watched, but it's all I see now, and so dumb!)

stn

Like most people, I enjoyed it but hated the triangles. I like how they followed the Tekken 3 story more-or-less. I'd love it if they do Tekken 4 next.

Finished it. Was somewhat enjoyable. Got a lot of things wrong. Wish they'd have followed the story tighter of Tekken 3. Especially when Paul originally beat Ogre. He never lost to King. Fighters from future titles were there. Harada explicit says that Jun isn't dead. I dunno. There's a lot of good and a lot to be desired

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yo, this show is fantastic.

A million times better than that Hollywood movie.

Top Bottom