• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tengai Makyou Zero complete fantranslation available in october 22

Can we expect original copies to change hands faster and/or go up in price?

Possible. There will be some people who buy the game to dump (ironically I did this a while ago when it looked like Tom & LostTemplar were going to have the game done in 2012), and sadly some who buy the game just to tear out the SPC7110 & RTC chip to make a shitty repro with the translation already on board.

Really depends on what the original print run for the game was, and how many scumbags decide to try and harvest chips. If no one is buying the repros then the price won't change.

Possible. There will be some people who buy the game to dump (ironically I did this a while ago when it looked like Tom & LostTemplar were going to have the game done in 2012), and sadly some who buy the game just to tear out the SPC7110 & RTC chip to make a shitty repro with the translation already on board.

Really depends on what the original print run for the game was, and how many scumbags decide to try and harvest chips. If no one is buying the repros then the price won't change.

I mean, if the originals weren't being used, people really shouldn't get upset if they get harvested. Better a repro of the translation be made then they simply sit in a closet unused for the rest of time.

Aeana

I'll take back what I said about the modified snes9x not working, it actually works fine.
And someone has released a modified version of snes9x Wii to support the game, as well.

Knurek

It's out now for people who requested it early. Still waiting on Romhacking.net to update so everyone can get it.

I'll say though that it works beautifully with the new Higan retroarch core!

How do you get it to work? I only get the two startup screens (One that requires pressing A, one that requires pressing B). Both require resetting the game, after the B test reset all I'm getting is a black screen.
Should I put the .xml file someplace for it to work?

Funny, i bought a cheap copy of this last Midwest Gaming Classic, because i liked the boxart.

Can this work on a super everdrive or emulators only?

Asparagus

I ran it for a bit in BSNES 0.87, beautiful game and everything appears to be working fine.

How long is this game roughly?

Lynx_7

I remember following the translation projects for this when I was in middle school. Now I'm at the tail end of a doctorate.

I guess all this leaves for major SFC games left untranslated are the four remaining MegaTens, the couple remaining Super Robot wars, and Fire Emblem 5.

Aside from If..., what other Megaten games are left on the SNES?

And I still haven't given up on a proper DQ VI translation, or at least a fix for the current patch.

Aeana

How do you get it to work? I only get the two startup screens (One that requires pressing A, one that requires pressing B). Both require resetting the game, after the B test reset all I'm getting is a black screen.
Should I put the .xml file someplace for it to work?

Make sure you put the included manifest.bml inside the .sfc folder. Then load the manifest.bml from inside Retroarch.

But if you keep reading the thread, you'll see that there's another problem, which is that once you close the emulator and reload, the RTC is busted.

I mean, if the originals weren't being used, people really shouldn't get upset if they get harvested. Better a repro of the translation be made then they simply sit in a closet unused for the rest of time.

People in the future may want to play it as well.

Funny, i bought a cheap copy of this last Midwest Gaming Classic, because i liked the boxart.

Can this work on a super everdrive or emulators only?

No, the everdrive doesn't support SPC7110.

Aside from If..., what other Megaten games are left on the SNES?

And I still haven't given up on a proper DQ VI translation, or at least a fix for the current patch.

Probably talking about Majin Tensei 1, 2 & Last Bible 3.

Someone finishing NoPrgress's DQVI patch would be fantastic. There's only a few important lines left untranslated (as well as the bugs).

Joey Ravn

Banned
so basically no emulator is working right for it. I thought higan was suppossed to be perfect, lol.

AFAIK, the unpatched game works on Higan (which is named after the protagonist of this game). It's the patch that breaks compatibility.

Besides, a cycle-accurate emulator like Higan shouldn't make it a priority to implement hacks to make specific versions of specific games work. Leave that to ZSNES...

Knurek

Make sure you put the included manifest.bml inside the .sfc folder. Then load the manifest.bml from inside Retroarch.

But if you keep reading the thread, you'll see that there's another problem, which is that once you close the emulator and reload, the RTC is busted.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that's going to be fixed fast. I was just trying to load a .SFC file in the Higan core - not sure why it doesn't work here, when all the others I've tried don't require splitting. :\

People in the future may want to play it as well.

By the nature of the device, it's going to disappear in time aside from digital anyways. A lot of people won't be able to experience this game fully without a translation, and you're saying it's not right for them to want to experience the game in a way they can enjoy in the original format of the system? To me that sounds a bit hypocritical.

But I digress, this is veering the topic radically off course.

As much as I'd love to try this game out, the barrier for entry is already quite costly and trying to find the time would be even more of a hassle. Hopefully one of my favorite LPers will take up the cause and I'll get a cliff notes experience that way.

By the nature of the device, it's going to disappear in time aside from digital anyways. A lot of people won't be able to experience this game fully without a translation, and you're saying it's not right for them to want to experience the game in a way they can enjoy in the original format of the system? To me that sounds a bit hypocritical.

It would surprise me a bit if there were large numbers of people who want to play this and have the setup to enjoy this on a real snes (keeping a crt around / having a framemeister/ossc) *and* didn't have a way to dump the SFC cart like a retrode or something, yeah.

Top Bottom