• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

RIDICULOUS backhand return winner to close it out.

Three wins in a row against Nadal for the first time, and what a way to do it.

Don't know about the gifs dude sorry

88random

Wtf was this match, Federer was goating with backhand, insane stuff.

There will be highlights on Youtube soon, plenty of gif material :)

Want to see Nadal play Federer on clay.

There's been times where Federer has destroyed Nadal in games and people were giving the same reactions. But as soon as Nadal got him on clay the confidence from Federer went. Then it carried over to other surfaces.

And to be honest that type of performance was just 10/10. Federer was pulling off every shot. Nadal in his prime wouldn't have been able to stop Fed nor would have Djokovic. Federer has been able to beat Djokovic in some masters over the last few years playing like that. It's keeping that up for three sets against Djokovic was the problem.

You'd think if he meets Nadal especially at the French that he'd just grind him down.

AoM

That backhand...

1_gif.gif

If (and that's still a big if) Federer wins IW do you guys think he has a chance of nabbing no.1 again this year?

Would be at 3500 points in the race, easily on top with Murray at 8th and Djokovic at 19th. They had a bad year so far.

I know he doesn't play that many tournaments this year but he could add some if no.1 was a legit goal of his.

Nadal has a decent chance too if he dominates on clay again.

If (and that's still a big if) Federer wins IW do you guys think he has a chance of nabbing no.1 again this year?

Would be at 3500 points in the race, easily on top with Murray at 8th and Djokovic at 19th. They had a bad year so far.

I know he doesn't play that many tournaments this year but he could add some if no.1 was a legit goal of his.

Nadal has a decent chance too if he dominates on clay again.

Hmmmm, hard to say. His backhand seems to be dramatically improved or is it because we've only been seeing it on fastcourts that it's better? Seen Fed rip backhand winners a lot before, but usually when the bounce is nice and low.

Personally, I doubt it. The grind would probably cause another injury, but who knows. It is quite incredible at his age he is still playing this well.

Also, is it a big if? Fed is the bookies favorite to beat Kygrios. I really feel like putting some money on Kygrios to win. But the gambler in me knows I should probably pass it up. It's 50/50 imo, so since Kygrios is getting a greater return it's not a stupid bet, but still just not worth indulging in right now. If Kygrios is serious and keeps serving well, these are his conditions, he's going to be tough to beat. Well, anyway, you gotta watch a lot of tennis to wait for good opportunities. I very rarely gamble but it seems like I should on this one.

Deadman

Federer has a chance, but since he will probably skip most of the clay season it will be difficult.

If he wins Wimbledon then it becomes a lot easier. He will probably win his grass warm up event too.

Also kyrgios just pulled out with illness. That's a shame.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Federer has a chance, but since he will probably skip most of the clay season it will be difficult.

If he wins Wimbledon then it becomes a lot easier. He will probably win his grass warm up event too.

Also kyrgios just pulled out with illness. That's a shame.

Yeah just came here to mention that. That sucks, I was looking forward to watching that.

We have an all Russian final on the womens side, and it looks like we'll have an all Swiss final on the mens side. Wawrinka already through to the finals, Fed up next

Regular form Sock already didn't have anything to trouble 2017 Federer.

So out of form/tired Sock... the result is a nice practice session for Roger

Kinda feel sorry for the folk who bought tickets to the semis

Murray and Djokovic are missing Miami due to elbow injuries.

that's another 1000 points gone for Djokovic

Murray/Federer/Nadal/Wawa have zero to almost no points there.
even if Federer doesn't go as well, it's great for his no.1 chances.
(and pretty great chances for Wawa to get a career best no.2)

Top Bottom