• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man it's a shame that it had to end with the crowd like that. Entertaining match though for sure.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kind of funny kyrios had a meltdown after federers's comments about crowd noise. Granted Federer has home court advantage everywhere and probably can't remember the last time he wasnt the favorite.

Diamond

The crowd was bad (well, some people in it), but it's also true Kyrgios has not done much to have a bit more positive reactions so far in his career. That's something he can change by modifying his attitude. If he recognizes it was a disadvantage for him then he should strive for a better behaviour, which will bring him more fans. He's doing a lot better already in 2017. Especially in Miami where he could have easily been eliminated earlier if he didn't fight mentally.
Terrific match, I hope for a Grand Slam opposition between the two this year.

T-0800

Nick has tremendous skill but he needs to learn to lose somewhat gracefully. Not to suggest that he did anything too bad today but he needs to understand that he will win people over by the way he carries himself on the court when things aren't going his way.

Hewitt isn't a bad example to use. I'm Australian and as he was rising to No 1 many people here were on the fence about him because of the way he conducted himself on court. Late in his career we pretty much all loved him because he gave his all on the court. You never felt he would just give up when things weren't going his way.

I do feel that his has grown up a bit this year even if it is just baby steps.

Ricker

Had to watch the Women's final on replay,because TVA Sports sucks so much but I didnt know the results so it was ok...glad for Konta,she is such a smart player,its nice to see her win.

Hate to say it but the womens game needs personalities like Azarenka, Serena, and Sharapova to be back for the tour to be interesting again. It needs villains and shade throwers. Konta is too nice

clemenx

Banned
Konta is cool. Anywhing but Woz winning something important pls.

I'm not expecting much for today but who knows. This year has been weird. This court is not fast enough, Fed is probably tired as hell. Nadal in straights.

clemenx

Banned
Seeing Rafa mixing up a shot to Roger's forehand kinda frequently instead of hitting it like a metronome to his backhand will never stop being insane to me.

Top Bottom