• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Zverev has been really solid and Roger has been flat. Maybe he'll serve better in the second.

Ricker

He is probably hurt but trying anyway...his servs are like ,20 km/h slower then usual...or like we say in French,he caught a shot of old this week...

Kensuke

This sucks. Definitely not playing Cincinnati either like this. There goes #1. Hopefully he at least recovers before the US Open. Man, this year is slowly starting to suck. Almost all the top players are injured.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nishikori is out of Cincinnati. Fed said he's traveling there tonight and will decide on whether to play in a few days.

AoM

Good win for Zverev.

Given that Federer's won two more GS, I don't really care if he doesn't win any more titles.

But obviously another US Open would be nice.

Diamond

When a good part of the top players are over 30yo, it's inevitable you'll get more and more injury breaks. This US Open is shaping up to be a strange slam, very curious to see what will happen.

DHOGbukXsAEkkM0

What if i told you last year that Nadal is the only one left standing in the fall of 2017.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
ferrer managed to continue his impressive streak against federer, so it will be interesting to see if gasquet can do the same against nadal. still needs two more to catch up with the spaniard, though.

Tiafoe just beat Zverev in 3 sets. Zverev era cancelled, Tiafoe era begins!

edit: to be fair to Zverev he's coming off 2 straight tournament victories. Now he can rest fully to prepare to make his first deep run in a slam.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
wouldn't be surprised if zverev fails before the quaters at the us open. he has won a bunch of titles lately and might be somewhat tired, but not yet been that impressed by his overall play.

oti

Banned
Kerber loses her 2nd round match in Cinci. The only reason she gets past the first round these days is thanks to 1st round byes
The Kerbs just taking a pause after last year. All according to Planungsvorbereitungsgedankengang.

Tiafoe just beat Zverev in 3 sets. Zverev era cancelled, Tiafoe era begins!

edit: to be fair to Zverev he's coming off 2 straight tournament victories. Now he can rest and fully to prepare to make his first deep run in a slam.
Tiafoe beat Zverev? That's just... wrong. But why did Zverev play anyway right before the US Open to begin with?

The Kerbs just taking a pause after last year. All according to Planungsvorbereitungsgedankengang.

Tiafoe beat Zverev? That's just... wrong. But why did Zverev play anyway right before the US Open to begin with?

It's a masters 1000 event. All players have to play it. Next week is an ATP 250 event that most top players skip to train/rest for the US Open.
Huh, so Alex Zverev shares a birthday with Hitler. I didn't know that until just now when I saw his birthday. Thats rather unfortunate

oti

Banned
It's a masters 1000 event. All players have to play it. Next week is an ATP 250 event that most top players skip to train/rest for the US Open.
Huh, so Alex Zverev shares a birthday with Hitler. I didn't know that until just now when I saw his birthday.

Ah yes, they have to. He could've just use some excuse though, right?

Top Bottom