• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 pre registration is live for iOS and Android in the West

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.terrabattle2.com/en/prereg.html

img_20170804_0819460exat.jpg

Pre-Registration-Campaign_Email.jpg

It appears if you register through the website you can get some extra bonuses.

Sign up with your email address to get the latest information and find out when Terra Battle 2's servers go live! When the game is released, be sure to choose the option "Inherit Registration Data" and get your very own "Hiiso"

hisoseijin.png

They wanted to tell a new story with new levels and new characters along with gameplay enhancements?
Idk if your sarcastic response is cuz you're a jerk or you felt that my post was dismissive, but I'm genuinely curious about what they're adding here that needed a number 2.

Vanillalite

Idk if your sarcastic response is cuz you're a jerk or you felt that my post was dismissive, but I'm genuinely curious about what they're adding here that needed a number 2.

It wasn't sarcastic.

It's literally a new game?

It's like any other jrpg that gets a new entry in a franchise?

It's not just dlc story based on the existing cast and world like say what Fire Emblem Heroes is getting?

I'm honestly confused as to why you are confused?

Why is there a Dragon Quest 2 or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 or Skyrim or KOTOR2?

It wasn't sarcastic.

It's literally a new game?

It's like any other jrpg that gets a new entry in a franchise?

It's not just dlc story based on the existing cast and world like say what Fire Emblem Heroes is getting?

I'm honestly confused as to why you are confused?
Mobile games don't usually get sequels they get seasonal updates. So for them to put out a 2 I expect something that can't be done just via updates. New characters, story sequences, and even gameplay improvements are all things that gacha games add with updates all the time.

But at this point it's just easier for me to look this up myself so I'll just do that.

Gattsu25

Banned
Ah, didn't know that they were creating a new one. I barely played the original but liked what I did play, even as a gacha game.
Question marks at the end of statements always comes off as condescending to me.
The only jerk-ish or condescending response in this thread belongs to you, dude.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's trying to make me use the default mail app on iOS.

Lol

Looks like I'm not pre registering for this one.

Vanillalite

Dag, this topic unraveled real real quick. I never played the first, is it any good?

Yes, and the gameplay holds up.

You could easily play it to somewhere in say the stage 20-30 range with no problems or gacha elements really needed before the new game hits.

Instro

I played the original on and off, but I can't say I got super far. I'll pre-register though, I liked what I saw from the reveal.

Razzorn34

I always liked this game. The only reason I quit playing it was because of their archaic migration process when switching phones. Lost my account, and I wasn't going to start all over. Hopefully they have a central account system now.

mjc

I played the original for a decent amount of time on my iPad, but I stopped after a bit. For the time it was a decent little puzzler gacha game. I hope the second one gets some decent enhancements. Do we know the release window?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Pinko DOES bring up a valid point however.. In f2p games where people sink notable money into them.... it is a massive ask for people to essentially abandon that investment (really.. it's an investment...) and partake in a NEW investment from the same company.

I am really looking forward to this.. but if Blizzard released Hearthstone 2 and none of my cards transferred... I probably wouldn't even give it a look. I am quickly coming to the same point with Fate Grand Order (after only a month in.. oof...)

So it will be interesting how these companies handle this sort of thing.

Basically I think what Pinko was really asking is "what is here to convince people who have sunk serious money in to the original to come and play this one instead?" A bit differe different proposition vs. paying $60 for Splatoon, then another $60 for Splatoon 2, etc when you consider the amount of money that we could be talking for a f2p game.

anywho.. pre-reg'ed and can't wait (fwiw I only played the first game for a few hours.. but did really enjoy it)

BumRush

Wow...this seems unnecessary, no? Games get sequels all of the time for the reasons the person who responded to you gave...

Will definitely take a look at this! Never played the first.

anaron

Pinko DOES bring up a valid point however.. In f2p games where people sink notable money into them.... it is a massive ask for people to essentially abandon that investment (really.. it's an investment...) and partake in a NEW investment from the same company.

I am really looking forward to this.. but if Blizzard released Hearthstone 2 and none of my cards transferred... I probably wouldn't even give it a look. I am quickly coming to the same point with Fate Grand Order (after only a month in.. oof...)

So it will be interesting how these companies handle this sort of thing.

Basically I think what Pinko was really asking is "what is here to convince people who have sunk serious money in to the original to come and play this one instead?" A bit differe different proposition vs. paying $60 for Splatoon, then another $60 for Splatoon 2, etc when you consider the amount of money that we could be talking for a f2p game.

anywho.. pre-reg'ed and can't wait (fwiw I only played the first game for a few hours.. but did really enjoy it)

They're not abandoning TB1 though

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I played the original for a decent amount of time on my iPad, but I stopped after a bit. For the time it was a decent little puzzler gacha game. I hope the second one gets some decent enhancements. Do we know the release window?
Within this summer.

duckroll

https://youtu.be/DuWU0RqkIWQ?t=6359

There was another Terra Battle 2 stream today. At the point I've linked they unveil early details on the game's DOWNLOAD STARTER.

Starting at 0 downloads when the game launches this month, Isamu Kamikokuryo will provide illustration artwork for the chapter 1 scenario. There are some other contemporary artists lined up, but if they hit enough downloads, in November a Yusuke Naora designed guardian will be released. In December if they hit enough downloads, a Kazuko Shibuya designed guardian will be released.

Along with the Tetsuya Nomura pre-registration goal, it looks like Sakaguchi is all in on getting as many heavy hitters from Final Fantasy as possible!

I think it should do enough to hit those milestone.
From my experience with mobages, the pre-reg stuff is just a marketing thing that always reaches the top reward no matter the numbers.

It wouldn't look good for any game to launch at the low tier milestones in the event no one registers.

GKFinns

The pre-registration campaign has now hit 180,000.

All in game energy bonuses have been unlocked. Next up at 200,000 is the Terra Battle 2 version of Samatha!

Top Bottom