• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrifying ultra-ripped chimps show why we should pray Planet of the Apes never happens

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Terrifying ultra-ripped chimps bearing razor-sharp fangs prove why we should pray Planet of the Apes never happens.

The chimpanzees – which suffer from the hair-loss condition alopecia – brutally beat each other up, prompting some to believe they could take over the world.

Footage shows the primates running rampant inside an enclosure as they gang up and begin ruthlessly beating each other.

One animal in particular caught viewers attention because of his lack of hair and muscular build and superfast movements.

The hairless beast circles around peers before thumping them and scaring others off.

One YouTube user wrote: “You really get to see how jacked they are without their hair!”

Another viewer added: “Look at how it just jumps and pulls itself onto things with such ease like it’s flying.”

Meanwhile a third user added: “Is this the rise of the planet of the apes?”

Biologists say the aggressive creatures are at least four times stronger than their human “cousins”.

Chimps are considered the closest living relative of humans, sharing between 95 to 98 percent of the same DNA.

hairless-chimps-04.jpeg

However, when it comes to muscular strength there really is no comparison between the two, say wildlife experts.

And if it ever came to a one-on-one fight there would be only one winner, said Steve Ross of Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo.

When they fight “it’s the closest thing we know to human warfare,” said Ross, director of the Study of Conservation of Apes.

“Chimps are incredibly strong and fast so humans are easily overpowered.”

Scientific research suggests the difference in strength between the two is down to how well the muscles perform.

hairless-chimps-03.jpg

In chimps, the muscle fibres closest to the bones – deemed to be the source of strength – are much longer and more dense.

This means a chimp is able to generate more power using despite using the exact same range of motion, experts say.

However, unlike humans they have a lot less control over how they use their muscles – so use more strength than necessary.

In 2016, footage filmed at Twycross Zoo, in Atherstone, showed the moment two “naked apes” took on 12 others.

The ripped chimps were filmed chasing and fighting with the others while screeching and grinding their teeth.

hairless-chimps-01.jpg

Scientists believe alopecia can be induced in chimpanzees due to stress or trauma, which can also happen to humans.

CourteousTediousGoose-max-1mb.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ya i read an article once abvout chimp accidents. people who kept chimps as pets or who encountered chimps in domesitc situations and they just got turned on. I recall one story about a chimp just ripping someones eye out. gruesome stuff.
I was just reading that and yeah not nice.

dr_octagon

Banned
ya i read an article once abvout chimp accidents. people who kept chimps as pets or who encountered chimps in domesitc situations and they just got turned on. I recall one story about a chimp just ripping someones eye out. gruesome stuff.
There's an interview with a woman who had her face torn off and one story mentioned a guy had his balls ripped off.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Didn't some woman literally have her face torn off by her friends pet chimp? Who the fuck keeps these animals like

BigBooper

I saw a video where a guy was trying to fight off some chimps
one of them ran up on him and ripped a strip of his scalp off.
I do not recommend looking it up

Some reach an age where they just dont give a shit and turn on their keepers
i remember reading about Jackos famous chimp how it went feral and had to be re-homed here

He is still kicking around....but i dont think Jacko would of had any issue if he tried to take his nose off
michael jackson celebs GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Some reach an age where they just dont give a shit and turn on their keepers
i remember reading about Jackos famous chimp how it went feral and had to be re-homed here

He is still kicking around....but i dont think Jacko would of had any issue if he tried to take his nose off
michael jackson celebs GIF
Wait… maybe that explains Michael’s nose!
The Wire Reaction GIF

nkarafo

There's an interview with a woman who had her face torn off and one story mentioned a guy had his balls ripped off.
These attacks have more to do with the use of jaws and teeth and less with strength. Other that jaw strength obviously but even humans don't rate that badly there and we can easily tear appart some skin and flesh.

Basically, the same result would be achieved by a Hanibal Lecter type maniac.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
These attacks have more to do with the use of jaws and teeth and less with strength. Other that jaw strength obviously but even humans don't rate that badly and we can easily tear appart some skin and flesh.

Basically, the same result would be achieved by a Hanibal Lecter type maniac.
Nah, the massive fangs and being razor sharp makes the chimps significantly more efficient and destructive at shredding of the squishy skin.

That, and their 4x stronger in almost all facets.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Nah, the massive fangs and being razor sharp makes the chimps significantly more efficient and destructive at shredding of the squishy skin.

That, and their 4x stronger in almost all facets.
Probably but still, some frail woman who got jumped isn't the best example for measuring the offensive abilities of the attacker.

Top Bottom