• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Oh my, Monty.

Yeah, this plan would have been better with a second person there, heh. Wooo Raven!

Jaha still with that dumb shock look on his face.

Raven, YES!

There it is. I thought Jasper was going to wake up and say gotcha in that moment but mofo actually went through with it. That scene was like something out of out of one of those real life events where a charismatic cult leader ordered his followers to commit suicide for enlightenment.
Lmao, I thought he was gonna do that too at first.

Edit: Are you fucking kidding me with that preview

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Glad Raven is alive and Jasper is dead. Wish they would have given him a more painful death though.

8p0kOr.gif

Preview spoilers:
Hope Jaha is next on the chopping block, preferably by Octavia's hands.

Glad my baby Raven chose life over death. Now she needs to get her ass to the bunker quick before they draw straws.

Jasper got what he wanted, no more pain. The shot of him looking at the red moon and his goodbye to Monty was well done. I figured Monty would be able to convince Harper in the end.

With 2 episodes left, will be interesting to see if anymore of the main cast don't make it out this season.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So has this season been an improvement to 3?
Ehhh...

I honestly am just getting bored of this show now. The lack of any immediate threat has meant this show has just been riding on the same tribal politics for too long, with week after week just being a constant series of forgettable betrayals and machinations for me to lose interest in. Characters like Murphy or Octavia are kept interesting because they atleast have a unique voice, but my eyes just glaze over as conversations about tribes working with other tribes and the constant threats of war make me inch my hand towards my phone.

It's not to say this show is incapable of effective moments, but I am so beyond caring anymore about the whole thing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm amazed Clarke didn't shut the hatch again as soon as Bellamy stepped out.

lmao I was thinking the same thing. Would have been amazing.

Octavia & Indra: Suck it Echo!

:)

Jasper got what he wanted, no more pain. The shot of him looking at the red moon and his goodbye to Monty was well done.

Yep. I thought they handled his death well. Good end to his character (he should have stayed dead after the pilot tbh) and good closure for Monty.

my eyes just glaze over as conversations about tribes working with other tribes and the constant threats of war make me inch my hand towards my phone.

I think the show has done a good job of rebounding from the fairly "eh" season 3, but I do agree that the tribal politics has been pretty dull. Hopefully those days are behind us, though, what with the whole "Onekru" thing Octavia is preaching.

Ehhhhh
fuck Jaha, seriously fuck Jaha

So, is Raven going through with the Nightblood plan or just going to make a run for the bunker now? If so does everyone who might still be alive on the surface if Raven does make it in time to follow through become like what would they eat? How boring would a season in an enclosed space be? How many secret rooms will they find? Will something happen leading to the bunker getting broken and fucking it all up? At least Jasper is finally dead so that's something.

Remember when we hoped that at least some of this season would involve the characters trying to disable at least some of these reactors? Damn budget really shrunk the potential scope of this show.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ehhhhh
fuck Jaha, seriously fuck Jaha

So, is Raven going through with the Nightblood plan or just going to make a run for the bunker now? If so does everyone who might still be alive on the surface if Raven does make it in time to follow through become like what would they eat? How boring would a season in an enclosed space be? How many secret rooms will they find? Will something happen leading to the bunker getting broken and fucking it all up? At least Jasper is finally dead so that's something.

Remember when we hoped that at least some of this season would involve the characters trying to disable at least some of these reactors? Damn budget really shrunk the potential scope of this show.
Raven has a walkie, Monty made 3 suits, and Bellamy mentioned picking up raven when they said they had to prioritize slots to engineers and medics. Guessing Bellamy will radio Monty to go pick her up or he'll go with him after Harper is dropped off at the bunker.

As for next season, I'm expecting a time jump with the first episode ending with them coming out of the bunker. Octavia will be the Wonkru commander, Clarke will be a total mess, and maybe a radioactive Echo as the new antagonist.

Ehhh...

I honestly am just getting bored of this show now. The lack of any immediate threat has meant this show has just been riding on the same tribal politics for too long, with week after week just being a constant series of forgettable betrayals and machinations for me to lose interest in. Characters like Murphy or Octavia are kept interesting because they atleast have a unique voice, but my eyes just glaze over as conversations about tribes working with other tribes and the constant threats of war make me inch my hand towards my phone.

It's not to say this show is incapable of effective moments, but I am so beyond caring anymore about the whole thing.

The show is going around in circles, a typical CW problem where so much stuff happens in the first two seasons that after that nothing new can really happen. They don't have the budget to change the whole setting of the show and despite killing off plenty of characters similar ones come back. There is still plenty to enjoy, Murphy, Octavia and Raven are especially good but the OH SHIT has been replaced by 'this is just like.....' moments.

Choosing who to sacrifice because a lack of space, Grounder clan politics, Raven having to deal with a life threatening condition, Jaha going messiah, all seen that before.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good episode for Raven. Glad she snapped out of it and chose to live. This made me wish Sinclair was still alive though.

I loved Octavia telling Echo to kick rocks. Echo's a fun character, but she ain't getting forgiveness like that.

So we're basically getting what was alluded to earlier in the season with a Brand New 100 having to be chosen.

Jasper and Monty scene was heartbreaking but it was time.

It really is. This whole scene is pretty heartbreaking. Also I think Monty is officially my favorite character.

As a screenwriter I thought the scene was amazing. Such sadness amplified by the red-hued moon in the background, signalling everyone's doom. Beautiful, ambient and atmospheric. Heartbreaking and emotional. One of the best moments of the show.

Thought it was an amazing episode like last week. Really looking forward to the next one. S4 is miles better than S3 IMO.

Dynasty

I agree with everyone that S3 is much better than 4 but the show still hasnt reached S2 level of amazing. Hopefully S5 5 is when they reach that level again.

Joni

Jasper finally got a good storyline, the death cult was interesting. But I'm glad Monty and Harper got out. I love that they'll live.
Good job Bellamy and Mom to kill 400 people, people that have a lot more experience keeping this technology running. I hope this leads to Clarke deciding to say fuck it and just leave to roam the world alone. Bellamy will go nuts without Clarke. She can take the chip for company.
They are doing some enormous budget cuts nowadays.

-Deimos

Wtf, I was on Octavia's side until she wanted to limit Skaikru to 100 people. They kinda need intelligent people to survive.

On the bright side, Jasper's finally fucking dead.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What happened with the bunker near Alie's place? The one Murphy found.

I think it's still there. Murphy was trapped there for a couple months and used up all the supplies. I don't think it was made for long term habitation.

Jasper didn't deserve that good of a death.

Not sure how Raven's going to get to the bunker since she has no ride. She'd be better off just chilling in the posh science facility.

You just know Jaha is going to try to pull some coup shit next episode.

Wtf, I was on Octavia's side until she wanted to limit Skaikru to 100 people. They kinda need intelligent people to survive.

I think/hope you meant knowledgeable, not intelligent. But I'm sure they can give the grounders some basic training in the equipment, it's not Raven rocket science.

I am enjoying this season more than 3. I thought Jasper's death was tragic but since he was quickly becoming an annoying character, I welcomed it.

P.S What's the deal with budget cuts? If they are cutting budget, why don't they make this the final season instead of making another one?

Joni

P.S What's the deal with budget cuts? If they are cutting budget, why don't they make this the final season instead of making another one?
Shows always get budget cuts and every show gets them. We are joking that they are killing so much to reduce the budget.

george_us

Part of me wants Skaikru to find a way to fuck over the rest of the grounders again, but another part of me is rooting for Octavia.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm on Team Skaikru is because we've known them the longest. They've all done some horrible shit but Clarke and co. feel like family at this point.
Yeah, that's true. I really hope everyone can survive through some asspull of epic proportions, but I know that won't happen.

Grounders shouldn't be in the bunker.

Damn primitive savages. Theyd be killing each over within 3 months due to be stressed from being locked up.

I can't take Clarke seriously anymore. She constantly keeps on going back and forth between wanting to do the right thing, doing something fucked up, then wanting to do the right thing.

And Marcus can go jump in a fire. I was all for Octavia but once that door was closed it should've stayed closed. Marcus can't then open it, kick out hundreds of people then claim "this is how we save our people".

Skaikru really deserved more spots, they're the ones who found the bunker and the only ones who know how to keep it running. Not to mention these grounders are always fucking killing each other. Ice Nation should have lost their spot for all the shit they've pulled.

Grizzlyjin

Late Watching!

- This bunker intro is fucked up. Welcome to #The100
- Queen Octavia is no joke.
- They need to leave Nyla alone.
- Badass intro for Echo, who I both love & loathe
- Jaha the entire episode was like:
giphy.gif

- This is super fucked up
- The 100 IN SPACE! This is actually cooler with some of the group going back to the ring instead of the bunker.

Fuck Octavia, the traitorous cunt.

Don't care if she had to hide under the floor for 16 years, on the ground she was of the Ark as much as anyone else and people fought for her. Fuck her.

Don't care if she had to hide under the floor for 16 years, on the ground she was of the Ark as much as anyone else and people fought for her. Fuck her.

Yeah... she could have dictated that the rest of the clans get 50 spots each and Skaikru get the rest. Octavia acts like Skaikru are too morally compromised to be aligned with and yet the other clans have done just as bad stuff. Skaikru deserved more spots -- they found the bunker, and they know how to run it.

I'm wondering if they're going to do a fast-forward five years at the start of next season. But there's no way for Raven and crew to get back down from space, unless Raven and Monty magically build another escape pod in their spare time.

I'm kind of glad Echo is still around, I think she's a cool character.

Joni

I think this episode showed that Octavia made a huge mistake and that Clarke was in the right. Octavia is a kid throwing a tantrum but she doesn't want to live with any of her decisions. Oh wait, my decision is certainly going to kill X. Let me bend the rules and save this person, shift the blame again to the others.

I can't take Clarke seriously anymore. She constantly keeps on going back and forth between wanting to do the right thing, doing something fucked up, then wanting to do the right thing.

Like she said, the fucked up thing and the right thing are often the same in a fucked up world.

And Marcus can go jump in a fire. I was all for Octavia but once that door was closed it should've stayed closed. Marcus can't then open it, kick out hundreds of people then claim "this is how we save our people".

Octavia was going to kill them all. She gave them no choice. They should have put the blame completely on her and forced her to carry one of the kids out. The best thing now is that she at least won't get to live with Bellamy.

I'm wondering if they're going to do a fast-forward five years at the start of next season. But there's no way for Raven and crew to get back down from space, unless Raven and Monty magically build another escape pod in their spare time..

We'll have a fastforward, show them live in space for a couple of weeks and then bring them down is my guess.

Yeah... she could have dictated that the rest of the clans get 50 spots each and Skaikru get the rest. Octavia acts like Skaikru are too morally compromised to be aligned with and yet the other clans have done just as bad stuff. Skaikru deserved more spots -- they found the bunker, and they know how to run it.

I'm wondering if they're going to do a fast-forward five years at the start of next season. But there's no way for Raven and crew to get back down from space, unless Raven and Monty magically build another escape pod in their spare time.

I'm kind of glad Echo is still around, I think she's a cool character.

She should have. Skaikru were the ones that found the bunker while everyone else was killing each other, and that's after they exhausted all options save humanity with one effort ending with a grounder torching their home and condemning them to death. They are the only ones that are accustomed to and know how to operate within narrow conditions, and there's a far less likelihood of them fucking it up or turning to outright tribal warfare.

A 100 per clan didn't make any sense, because it still potentially pits Skaikru against 1100 grounders that are unified in their mistrust of and differences compared to Skaikru.

Skaikru should have gotten all the spots they needed and then taken as many children as they could from each tribe and a couple adults each. If they took 50 each per clan they would still have plenty of space in bunker for when shit inevitably went sideways.

But nah, Octavia is a traitor and had to lose all the good will I had for her. It was so damn frustrating to see the grounders just charge in and round up Skaikru like they owned the place.

Joni

But nah, Octavia is a traitor and had to lose all the good will I had for her. It was so damn frustrating to see the grounders just charge in and round up Skaikru like they owned the place.

And you know she was just throwing her weight around. She would have killed all Skaikru, but skipped the ones she likes showing her threats mean nothing.

Top Bottom