• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Why they gotta tease us with the prisoner transport? It's probably implied that the space crew was captured or the space crew hijacked a prisoner transport ship.

Also that shot from space reminded me very heavily of Mass Effect.
Or a pre apocalypse prison colony that was sent to Mars or the asteroid belt, has been biding their time since the first praimfeya, and has finally come home to conquer shit.

Leeness

S5E1: The crew of the Gagarin, a band of plucky misfits and rebels land on earth and have to defend against attacks from a savage tribe led by the bloodthirsty Wanheda.

S6E1: After surviving the onslaught of grounder queen Wanheda, the plucky misfits of the Gagarin thought they were safe, only to be taken prisoner by a mysterious group of people who have lived out their days underground, trapped in a bunker.

Joni

Seeing as as this week has been finale week, how was this one?

Second best of the week. Arrow was better but that still makes it one of the best finals of the year.

Confirmed to be a random undiscovered Nightblood, not Bellarke's bastard offspring.

They are keeping the secret clearly.

We're not being serious on the kid being Clarke's right?

Indeed. We are not. They told the viewers immediately after the episode aired it is a random kid. It is more a surrogate thing.

Was a great finale, bravo for doing the skip in the finale and not start of next season.

So the big, important question...did Bellamy get jiggy with Raven or Echo on the station during those 5 years?

I feel like this was the weakest season, but the last couple of episodes did a lot right and has got me excited for season 5. Do we know if that's been confirmed to be the final season?

Somnia

I feel like this was the weakest season, but the last couple of episodes did a lot right and has got me excited for season 5. Do we know if that's been confirmed to be the final season?

Not confirmed, but I would say it most likely will be.

Curious where they take it now that there's so much limited land space.

Elandyll

Banned
Not confirmed, but I would say it most likely will be.

Curious where they take it now that there's so much limited land space.
I have been thinking, logically there was 2 places to avoid the 1st Primfaya: underground (Mount Weather) and... Under water.

Joni

It seems logical that this would be a final season where the last remants of humanity get to live in that green spot, in combination with the farms of the bunker. Even alternatively that it is some sort of eden where the last 10 humans start civilization again while the bunker is gone.
As for confirmation, I believe we got that confirmation for Reign in December. I expect the same timing for The 100.

So the big, important question...did Bellamy get jiggy with Raven or Echo on the station during those 5 years?

Or?

Moff

finally they have gone full mad max, that's what I expected to see in season 1 honestly
it was an ok season, expected the 6 year gap, will watch the next, but they should really start wrapping things up

Was a great finale, bravo for doing the skip in the finale and not start of next season.

eh these guys are all still practically teenagers and five years are a long time with nothing to do, I completely expect dozens of kids to come out of that station with all possible parent combinations

Good ending, although I wish we had seen what happened in the bunker this whole time. A lot of interesting dynamics possible.

A big improvement over season 3.

Very interested to know about what's coming next.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Part of me hopes they come off the Ark with completely different pairings. 6 years is a long time for them.

Somnia

I bet next season doesn't start at the 6 year jump though, we'll get to that in a few episodes or it'll flash between the past and the present.

Finale did a great job in getting me excited for the next season. Really curious to see how things went in space and in the bunker, along with the mysterious ship Mad Max Clarke saw at the end there. I still think her season 3 red hair look was hotter.

I remember the creator said once he had a 6 year plan for the show, but he could end it earlier if he had too. Still wouldn't shock me if we got a couple more seasons.

Part of me hopes they come off the Ark with completely different pairings. 6 years is a long time for them.

Agreed. Echo's pregnant, but the baby looks like Monty? That would lead to drama. I wish they hadn't made the two couples so lovey-dovey with each other. Even shit-bird Murphy seems pretty loyal to Emori. It'll make the writing more difficult, but my moneys on a couple switch-em-up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh yeah, I guess the time jump somewhat explains Jaha not being a regular next season...(I'm guessing he died in the interim or something and we'll get one or two flashbacks showing how it happened.)

Second best of the week. Arrow was better but that still makes it one of the best finals of the year.

Something of consequence actually happened on the finale of The 100 tho.

Thrilling finale and great set up for next season. This episode, the previous one, and the "battle royale" ep felt like this show at top form. Overall I liked this season more than the S3 and thought it had great focus.

jelly

Awesome episode, hyped for next season, show finished strong. I annoyingly got Tomb Raider 2013 vibes at times though and did Clarke parachute down or what!

Flashbacks confirmed yuss

I was really disappointed with the time skip but the ending scene has me interested, friendly or conqueres. Glad to read there is flashbacks, that would be a waste if they skipped those five years.

Decent finale. Where did Clarke find other nightbloods? Because there's no way regular grounders could have survived the death wave.

The prison ship was a nice twist. I can't imagine it's from another part of the earth, as a remaining society with that much tech would've probably been detected by the Ark colony. I'd say it could be from a moon base or something, but you'd think the Ark people would know humanity survived in other places.

I have a feeling there's going to be a long of handwavy explanations next season.

Joni

Decent finale. Where did Clarke find other nightbloods? Because there's no way regular grounders could have survived the death wave.
She probably just found the kid wandering around after the death wave. Don't forget that Nightblood is a relatively commonish mutation in this world. The new flamekeeper just didn't find all of them. And this is probably one that was somewhere inside when the wave hit.

So why is Clarke more interested in Bellamy and co coming down than going to the bunker and seeing if everyone there survived?

Interesting finale, especially the last few minutes. Although I can't help but feel they are just dragging this out now with the convict ship. Should have ended this season, but I'm interested to see where they go with this.

Moff

So why is Clarke more interested in Bellamy and co coming down than going to the bunker and seeing if everyone there survived?

she said the bunker is silent as well. I guess she was at the hatch but what is she going to do?

good that echo is a regular.

Joni

Indeed. She checked the bunker but she can't reach them by radio and she can't reach the door. It makes more sense to keep trying the arc as radiation will lessen over time allowing her to reach out eventually while the circumstances of the bunker won't change.

Still. They should be brave. The first episode next year shouldn't show anyone but Clarke and her kid aside from the new bad guys.

She said something to the effect of, "we tried to remove the rubble for a while but eventually gave up." I'm guessing the temple collapsed and buried the hatch. And the "we" probably means Clarke has formed a whole little crew of her own.

Indeed. She checked the bunker but she can't reach them by radio and she can't reach the door. It makes more sense to keep trying the arc as radiation will lessen over time allowing her to reach out eventually while the circumstances of the bunker won't change.

Well, if the bunker tried to get out and couldn't, I could see there being some big psychological changes. Knowing that you're trapped underground for life could lead to unrest, mutiny, etc. Imagine Octavia getting ready to lead her people out of the bunker and then...the hatch won't open. Shit could and probably would go down.

Top Bottom