• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys drama about KGB spies in DC - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadayi

Banned
That's exactly what the show didn't need. More suspense. One of my main problems with the first season was that everything was always so tense and suspenseful that I quickly became desensitized - when everything is suspenseful, then nothing is.

I think the show would be better served by having more, well, non suspenseful episodes so that when the show really needs to be suspenseful, it can be more effectively.

Yeah I hear what you're saying. It's pretty much a given that neither of the leads are going anywhere anytime soon (or Stan for that matter) so peril becomes less about worrying about their well being and more about 'how will they get out of this?' and too much of that can become formulaic.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah I hear what you're saying. It's pretty much a given that neither of the leads are going anywhere anytime soon (or Stan for that matter) so peril becomes less about worrying about their well being and more about 'how will they get out of this?' and too much of that can become formulaic.

Precisely!

Yep, this pretty much in line with my thoughts.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Just caught up with this show, and by the end of the pilot I was in love. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than House of Cards, partly due to the more heightened tension in the Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom