• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S3 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Wow. Woooooow. Philip keeping it a hundred.

I wonder if that line from the season preview was from an alternate read of that scene?

-griffy-

Banned
Philip went full Captain on Gabriel at the end there, all:
giphy.gif

RangersFan

Great episode. I found the elevator scene more disturbing than the suit case scene. Also that poor old woman. Dropping some truth bombs on Elizabeth.

Man, that was a doozy. Fantastic episode. There's so much in play right now and they've done a great job juggling all of the different arcs while still throwing something new in like the powerhouse scene between Elizabeth and Betty tonight.

I kind of agree with Sepinwall that things feel a little bit too busy with the plot right now heading into the final stretch of episodes for the season, but great episode nonetheless. I just feel like all of the Nina stuff doesn't even need to be in the show.

Awesome stuff with Sookies aunt, who's also the aunt in Twister.

A lot of grace was shown in those scenes. Philip was cold, but accurate. She picked the wrong time to be in the office. Even though she was drugging herself to death, at least some time was spent reminiscing about better times and then getting Elizabeth to be honest about parts of her own life. Wonderful stuff there.

Edit:

oops, you're all right about Philip and Garbriel. Cut the be and called him out. Rightfully so.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Brilliant episode. Spectacular guest spot by Lois Smith. That was emotionally rough. I'm curious to see if this softens Elizabeth up a little going forward, a little more sympathetic to Philip's entanglements.

I was kind of wondering if Elizabeth might find a way to let the woman live and throw Philip's comment about trusting Martha back at him.

I think Stan is playing with fire... he's gotta get back to sleeping with Callie Thorne, cuz thinking with his dick about Nina is going to end poorly. Not really sure how either Stan or Oleg think they could pass this plan up the chain of command and get it approved... although, I just had a thought and can imagine them making a tragic mistake. Somehow they make this work, except they're wrong about the defector, she's being truthful. The US buys in, the Russian higher-ups let it go through knowing they get a win and can eliminate her, and maybe Nina gets reinserted into the US as newly dedicated Soviet informant.

Next week looks nuts, again.

uniform

The bookkeeper's drawn out death was really tough to watch. It will probably stay in memory long after the others are forgotten. Television/Film violence is so common to the point I'm pretty much desensitized to it all. Last week's necklacing didn't even shock me like it did most.

This episode's second death really hit me. The civil manner in which she and Elizabeth conversed made it all the more sad, and the preferable means of death didn't soften the impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom