• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The arguments and trash talking on Gaf

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hello everyone. I've thought about making this thread in the past but never got around to it.

We're all enthusiasts, we all love gaming and have many varied interests and appreciation for countless games and genres.

I can only speak for myself but I'm sure others feel the same, basically just wanted to say that if I've ever said anything that seemed incredibly rude or mean, don't take it personal. For me, we're all passionate nerds and Gaf has a history and reputation for being relatively spicy which I can't help but to bring out in some of my replies. Fart Town USA is mostly a total caricature of myself and Gaf is an outlet for me to nerd out on things that I never get to talk about in my daily life, but I'm honestly glad it's that way. I like talking about games with you all and wouldn't have it any other way.

So yea, I try my best to not be an outright dick or unreasonable but if I ever seem like I am, just know that I appreciate you all and enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. I've met some really great people here and I know I'll meet more in the years to come.

Thank you all for being a part of this forum and I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the hell out of whatever it is you're playing. This is a fun place and it's because of every one of you who chooses to post here.

phaedrus

Are We Live Fx GIF by BasketsFX

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I never give a crap about rudeness or tone as long as people try and engage with the topic earnestly. It does seem like people are playing two different games a lot of times though. Not everyone, but a lot.

Cheers to you, OP!

Fart Town USA is mostly a total caricature of myself and Gaf is an outlet for me to nerd out on things that I never get to talk about in my daily life
This and people playing roles/playing into their forum tag has been an ongoing problem on the forum(at least in my opinion) and it's one part of the issue. Another part is that there is simply a vocal jaded audience on here that can't seem to be appeased, either because they're searching for something that no longer exists from their younger years, or they've bought too heavily into whatever online movement is feeding that negative part of themselves.

I really appreciate your OP though. Sometimes it's good to remind others that it's all for the fun of conversation.

Especially Elder Legend Elder Legend I don't think I've ever had any back and forth with him.
The only time I'd ever have a back and forth with anyone is if some bottom feeding retard decides to be a smart ass who believes they know everything when in reality they are juat a dumb brick wall.

Thankfully, you are not one of them and I am not going to be mentioning their either name because they are not worth my time or energy. Fuck them.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

This and people playing roles/playing into their forum tag has been an ongoing problem on the forum(at least in my opinion) and it's one part of the issue. Another part is that there is simply a vocal jaded audience on here that can't seem to be appeased, either because they're searching for something that no longer exists from their younger years, or they've bought too heavily into whatever online movement is feeding that negative part of themselves.
I have nothing to add outside of making me realize thank god I'm not a geezer yet

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The only time I'd ever have a back and forth with anyone is if some bottom feeding retard decides to be a smart ass who believes they know everything when in reality they are juat a dumb brick wall.

Thankfully, you are not one of them and I am not going to be mentioning their either name because they are not worth my time or energy. Fuck them.

200w.gif

clarky

Gold Member
Hello everyone. I've thought about making this thread in the past but never got around to it.

We're all enthusiasts, we all love gaming and have many varied interests and appreciation for countless games and genres.

I can only speak for myself but I'm sure others feel the same, basically just wanted to say that if I've ever said anything that seemed incredibly rude or mean, don't take it personal. For me, we're all passionate nerds and Gaf has a history and reputation for being relatively spicy which I can't help but to bring out in some of my replies. Fart Town USA is mostly a total caricature of myself and Gaf is an outlet for me to nerd out on things that I never get to talk about in my daily life, but I'm honestly glad it's that way. I like talking about games with you all and wouldn't have it any other way.

So yea, I try my best to not be an outright dick or unreasonable but if I ever seem like I am, just know that I appreciate you all and enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. I've met some really great people here and I know I'll meet more in the years to come.

Thank you all for being a part of this forum and I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the hell out of whatever it is you're playing. This is a fun place and it's because of every one of you who chooses to post here.
Piss off.

GAF rocks compared to other gaming forums. The people that are aggressively rude and trollish usually end up getting banned sooner or later. Best to just leave those troubled individuals be. I'm here to talk about games and chill with cool enthusiasts.

Sleepwalker

I appreciate your input a lot fart town usa fart town usa specially when it comes to retro games, I just started collecting them so always nice to read your posts.

GAF is mostly rude but fair, we are a big family with warring factions but still got lots of love for each other, specially compared to other forums on the internet.

I really appreciate your OP though. Sometimes it's good to remind others that it's all for the fun of conversation.
The issue is that they are just mad and upset that the industry is changing and people who fear change and can't adapt usually end up being the ones who are not able to make anything out of it. They find ways to be victimized and blame everything on on everyone else when in reality they are the problem. They will never admit it because they want to be in denial and continue to stay in their comfort zone that's no longer comforting. By doing that, they also become angry and hateful so they try to feed of negativity start causing drama.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Fart Town USA is mostly a total caricature of myself and Gaf is an outlet for me to nerd out on things that I never get to talk about in my daily life, but I'm honestly glad it's that way. I like talking about games with you all and wouldn't have it any other way.

That's good of you to say. I agree that it's a fun place to hang out. I always get some laughs when I read here.

I understand what you mean about "mostly a total caricature of myself." The way I would put it is, I come to videogame forums to hang out and have fun, not to act serious and professional. I've done enough acting serious and professional in my life. To me, gaming forums are a place to relax and goof off. I still end up getting into serious discussions, because that's me, but I still act like a dick every once in a while, because that's me, too. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Trunx81

I actually have one user here on my “block list” and every time I see the “hidden content” in some quotes, it’s people complaining about him 🤗

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Is there any among us who do not like "arguments"? I can't fathom being a part of a message board where everyone liked GAAS. I would die of boredom.

Last edited:

Frost sure is looking good these days.

More on topic, nice words OP, the majority post based on their passion. There are some asshats playing forum games though, trolls as well, griefers...shit did I just stumble into Halo matchmaking ITT. It's always going to be an ebb and flow deal with masses of people, I don't envy the mods and the work they have. I didn't enjoy being a mod at Halo Waypoint, disliked the corporate policy shit, worse mod tools and volunteer people in charge of the mods even more. Hopefully Evilore has a more diverse mod crowd (mentality wise) and is open to change/arguments in mod discussions (things are far more level headed here at GAF though, great work mods/Evil, sincerely).

Top Bottom