• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Achievements broke for anyone else? Anyway, got to next to the last boss and it owned me.

Salsa

kyubajin said:
Does anyone know where is the folder with the soundtrack? I'm on Mac OS X.

steamapps\common\the binding of isaac

xelios said:
Achievements broke for anyone else? Anyway, got to next to the last boss and it owned me.

Seems they are broken atm yeah.

I found a dollar. Even then, with the ability to buy all the stuff in the stores and constantly gambling (getting 10 bombs and 9 keys) I died on the 4th floor lol.

This is hard but it's fun coming in each time with the randomly generated dungeons.

EDIT: And yeah, they need to patch this game up. That stuff (besides the controller since I don't use one and no framerate issues for me) is a pain.

Laser Tears kick ass

b3084a6b6c3f0872d01e2a1f7b35b75d5ec57f7c.png

Glitches aside I'm liking this game. I just got to the end of the 4th floor and died because I permanently sold all of my hearts bar 1 for a cat. The cat aloud me to resurrect but I couldn't beat the boss with one measly hot, though I got him down to the last hit on one try...

Anybody found pills that do anything positive yet?

taoofjord

Game is awesome! I'm hoping they add more content to it over time, it's certainly fun and well executed enough to support it post-launch.

Highly recommended for anyone on the fence.

xelios

Spirit of Jazz said:
Glitches aside I'm liking this game. I just got to the end of the 4th floor and died because I permanently sold all of my hearts bar 1 for a cat. The cat aloud me to resurrect but I couldn't beat the boss with one measly hot, though I got him down to the last hit on one try...

Anybody found pills that do anything positive yet?

I found a pill that turned my bombs into keys.

Also it still shows me playing this game on Steam an hour after I stopped. That + achievements borked.

duckroll

xelios said:
I found a pill that turned my bombs into keys.

Also it still shows me playing this game on Steam an hour after I stopped. That + achievements borked.

Go into your processes, the game is probably still running. You have to terminate it manually, or you can't even quit Steam.

Hinomura

I've just spent one hour playing and I do like it.

Super Meat Boy is definetely more polished and its engine is far better (is Isaac a flash game?) but gameplay wise I prefer Isaac to SMB.

Salsa

OOPS nevermind the previous .cfg, i forgot to map a button for the second set of items (the ones you activate with Q). Fixed here and mapped it to Select in order to not activate them by mistake:

iIVmX016mpDm2.png

Instructions: Just download, unrar the file, and run it (keep it running in the background)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?lcdkr7dn6484kru

xelios

duckroll said:
Go into your processes, the game is probably still running. You have to terminate it manually, or you can't even quit Steam.

Whoa, thanks. How is this? Did I quit the game wrong or something, or just another bug? I pushed exit.

duckroll

xelios said:
Whoa, thanks. How is this? Did I quit the game wrong or something, or just another bug? I pushed exit.

It seems like it's a bug. If you quit the game, and then launch the game again, you'll actually have two instances of the game running at the same time. -_-

Joe Molotov

I got a pill that gave me two temporary hearts.

BTW, I just played to my first death in
Cave 1 against Purgy or Pudgy or some such thing
. Game is awesome.

xelios

PixyJunket said:
You have Faerie Solitaire in your recent games list, you a man of means.

Hell yeah, trying to get all the achievements.

SalsaShark said:
UPDATE already out

downloading, 72mb

What? The size of the entire game? Fake edit: Glad the achievements are getting fixed.

Flunkie

Banned
Yep, the two pills I've gotten so far have healed me to full health and also spawned two hearts. Mom's lipstick, lol!

xelios

Flunkie said:
Yep, the two pills I've gotten so far have healed me to full health and also spawned two hearts. Mom's lipstick, lol!

Mom's lipstick + underwear and a clothes hanger through the head and you're lookin' hot.

Salsa

iq148dzQdfifa.PNG

I can also confirm that now the game quits properly and there's no more need to kill the process.

Glass Rebel said:
I'm really glad I bought it but the bugs and missing options are annoying.

New patch fixes everything + download my joytokey thing and youre good to go!

wutwutwut

Wow, lots of secrets scattered through the game, huh. I just bombed open a secret room and got a Magic Mushroom to increase all my stats by 1.

Sykotik

Ran into a pretty bad bug. I got hit by one of the bosses (
Monstruo
) and it threw me off of the map, and I can't get back into the arena.

xelios

snoopeasystreet said:
I like both of those things. Any US gaffers want to help me out with buying it? I'll paypal straight away.

I can.

Top Bottom