• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bioshock Collection rated in Brazil (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/PC)

element

They could improve the visuals. Ideally a port to UE4 would be nice, but I have my doubts.
That would be a HUGE engineering task. Bioshock Infinite has a custom renderer. Bioshock has major customizations. Can't just plug those right into UE4.

I doubt that they would be remasters. Perhaps a rebuild with better mipmap settings. Anything more would be a pretty significant port job.

That would be a HUGE engineering task. Bioshock Infinite has a custom renderer. Bioshock has major customizations. Can't just plug those right into UE4.

I doubt that they would be remasters. Perhaps a rebuild with better mipmap settings. Anything more would be a pretty significant port job.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I hope the console versions of Xbox One & PS4 are based from the PC version, as they're the consoles that are more powerful than PS3 & Xbox 360 are.

seph1roth

In for BioShock 1 and 2, never played the 2nd game. So let's go

Bioshock 2 has:

-Best level design of the series
-Best gunplay (by far)
-Hardest of the series
-Better quest design

The only think that is worse than the other 3 games is the story...that's all.

Bioshock 2 has:

-Best level design of the series
-Best gunplay (by far)
-Hardest of the series
-Better quest design

The only think that is worse than the other 3 games is the story...that's all.

i think you're severely downplaying the importance of story, atmosphere, mood, etc in bioshock. that sense of awe and wonder in entering a new, fascinating world in B1 and BI is just not there in B2, and that to me, is the strongest aspect of bioshock and what defines it as a series

i also think the gunplay is better in infinite, and B2 was too reliant on the pseudo base defense/little sister defense stuff. it was great, but not great enough to want to do 2-3 times per level.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Just got the whole package for 10$ on steam 2 week ago!

I hope the price isnt insane when it comes out on console.

DSmalls84

Been wanting to replay these for a while so I'm definitely in. The real question is will this collection release before they are added to xbox back compatibility.

seph1roth

i think you're severely downplaying the importance of story, atmosphere, mood, etc in bioshock. that sense of awe and wonder in entering a new, fascinating world in B1 and BI is just not there in B2, and that to me, is the strongest aspect of bioshock and what defines it as a series

i also think the gunplay is better in infinite, and B2 was too reliant on the pseudo base defense/little sister defense stuff. it was great, but not great enough to want to do 2-3 times per level.

I preffer games that focus on offering a good design in terms of gameplay, levels, difficulty and variety than in the plot.

It's only my opinion, but it's A GAME, all the extra stuff is secondary, the most important thing is bringing a good overall design as a game.

Bayonetta, Metroid, etc...are good examples of what i'm saying.

If a game brings me a broken design, with limited gameplay "thanks" to a scripted plot, (like The Order, CoD campaigns, Uncharted, etc)

That's why i preffer Bio2 over the other ones, is better in terms of design and gameplay.

Luke_Wal

I've played the first 30 minutes of the first Bioshock about two or three times but have never been grabbed. I would be more than willing to give it another shot on PS4.

That being said: I love Infinite, and I would love to see how that one looks on PS4.

I've also never even touched Bioshock 2 despite owning the double pack on PS3, but I would play the heck out of Minerva's den, if only for the Gone Home connection.

RowdyReverb

The visuals in the first 2 games really didn't age well, mostly because of the textures. I hope they freshen them up a little bit

Yes please
And please have Burial at Sea in it. I would be all over this.
This would be more important to me than most new game releases this gen.

VICI0US

Eh, already own them all individually on steam. 1 and 2 are surprisingly easy to max at 4k/60fps on my 970.

Still, probably a nice upgrade for ps4/xb1 folks over last gen. My first playtrough of 1 and 2 were on ps3 and holy cow the jump to pc was huge, both performance wise and visually

Alpende

I'm normally not that fond of older-gen games coming to current gen but playing Bioshock 1 with better visuals is interesting for me. I loved the world and it's been a long time since I ventured into Rapture.

I might get this.

Would buy day 1 for 1080p/60 FPS. Just finished a replay of the original, it holds up well.

And PLEASE just ditch 2's multiplayer. It's terrible and a waste of time. Just include Minerva's Den and call it a day.

angelic

Banned
Wasnt this spotted last year aswell? Its gona be 30fps 1080p for sure if it happens, at least for infinite. Needs to have extras like the puzzle mode from ps3 Bio 1 at least.

Nemesis_

Wasnt this spotted last year aswell? Its gona be 30fps 1080p for sure if it happens, at least for infinite. Needs to have extras like the puzzle mode from ps3 Bio 1 at least.

I think it was, but isn't this the first time it's been formally rated by a ratings board rather than put up on some shitty retailer site?

Looking at other remasters of this gen like Saints Row 4, Darksiders or Dishonored do you really think it will be 60fps?

Wasn't there an option to disable something in the original BioShock on 360 to get it running in 60fps? Surely if that's a thing it would be somewhat easier to remedy whatever you had to disable and get the game running.

Top Bottom