• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Mornin' BCT, and hope everyone here as a great day.

Thanks guys. My recovery is coming along great. And I went outside for the first time in 40 ish days which was amazing.
Long story short

• I go to the hospital. I had to spend seven hours in pain in the ER. A nigga had to be a drama queen to get a room.
  • I get transferred because they wanna do a semi risky procedure at another hospital, I refused it because I assumed it was just pneumonia due to the symptoms and didn't want a central line because they are risky.
  • it's pneumonia. I'm treated and released. But day later crisis pain comes back. I go to same hospital with shit ER but they discharge me because I'm not "sick", luckily my primary care provider is down the street. I have to get a letter from her stating I'm not a drug user and my character is good. That I've never even asked for narcotic scripts (I have not actually)
  • they eventually let me in, apparently it's too late and my high pain level makes me go delirious. I get transferred to another better hospital and get put into a coma. My organs take a beating. Doctors have Lil faith because my hemoglobin is barely 3. I'm on hemodialysis.
  • I wake up. Get updated and freak out. My particular case of crisis is 1 in thousands of survival apparently.I'm very lucky

The details closer to the end are fuzzy to me cause I was put into the coma but from what people say that's what happened.

I graduated while all this happened. I worked too hard and it showed. This is a second chance for. I'm gonna take things more easy. Thinking of buying a ps4 with graduation gifts I receive. I never treat myself.

EdibleKnife tell me more about your struggle.

Pneumonia is no joke and has to be treated immediately. I barely made it out alive myself and was comatose for a week because my dumb ass didn't seek help even when it was obviously crippling me. Taken years to recover from my body being ravaged by it and other complications. We lose a lot of our brightest and finest public figures to Pneumonia. That shit has no discrimination for class or wealth when it comes to taking us folk of color. I'm glad you had more sense than I did, and you're recovering.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Being former active duty, I just called it a day off. (If I didn't have duty that day.)

Happy Barbecuing Brehs

What branch bro?

Somehow i got 4 days off. I havent had this much free time since xmas. I have been doing nothing and it feels amazing.

No cookout for me, but i think im gonna make some home made chilli and put a flag out on my porch.

And damn, hyper. Glad your powers are coming back.

Johndoey

Banned
Starting off the day with a little head trauma is always great. I wish this shed had better clearance.

---
Glad your doing better hyper.

What branch bro?

Somehow i got 4 days off. I havent had this much free time since xmas. I have been doing nothing and it feels amazing.

No cookout for me, but i think im gonna make some home made chilli and put a flag out on my porch.

And damn, hyper. Glad your powers are coming back.

Navy, you?

The chronicles of Feenix and his moms love for washed up hip-hop artist is my favorite part of the BCT cycle.

Shush you.

Now she's bent on seeing Boyz II Men this Wednesday, I can't go because I'll be in class. Her extent on B2M songs is Motownphilly and that's about it.

Malyse

574B04544F11DC0017

3D models are getting really good. That looks like 2D art.

Malyse

until I see it ingame it's just a atelier uprezzed picture,

foh

Eh.

----

Warcraft's chief failing is not a lack of respect for the source material, but an excess of it.

It's not a good film: dry, garbled, plot-heavy and charm-free, with a seriously anticlimactic ending and strained production design that doesn't manage to resolve the games' outlandish look into a coherent mix of CGI and live action. It will probably baffle anyone with no knowledge at all of Warcraft. It's not a total bust, though. The script has a greater sense of narrative purpose than many recent blockbusters you could name (the last two Hunger Games, for starters). And, intentionally or not, it stumbles on an interesting parable in its sympathetic treatment of the outwardly gruesome orcs: they are zealous but desperate fugitives of an uninhabitable world, trying to claw their way to safe harbour on the humans' green and pleasant land.

oh.

D i Z

Eh.

----

oh.

It was kind of obvious that the biggest hurdle Warcraft would have is its own source material. Shit is an unappealing mess outside of the one format that it works. And it only works because you can ignore it for most of the experience. I doubt that even a solid depiction of the Orc flight for survival will resonant much even with hardcore Warcraft players, but I hoped that they can get the racial conflicts down.

D i Z

Today has been kind of rough playin pub games in Overwatch. The competitive mode can't come fast enough for the sanity of support players.

hypernima

Banned
Sounds like we had similar weeks only in my case it was my mom.i was a fucking wreck inside all week but I had to stay strong. Glad to hear you're OK man. Shit stressful bruh.

Your mom has sickle cell? I'm sorry to hear that, it's worst for women. I'll pray for her.

It's weird, cause I've almost died from pneumonia three times. Once in high school, once in college, and once immediately after I was born.

Yeah I never play with pneumonia. First signs of it and I get treatment.

After this experience I'm making a doc about sickle cell; how we get mistreated in pain management and misconceptions about the disease itself. People need to know about this ailment and more Healthcare officials need to take better approaches in treatment, instead of treating them like drug seekers.

cdyhybrid

Your mom has sickle cell? I'm sorry to hear that, it's worst for women. I'll pray for her.

Yeah I never play with pneumonia. First signs of it and I get treatment.

After this experience I'm making a doc about sickle cell; how we get mistreated in pain management and misconceptions about the disease itself. People need to know about this ailment and more Healthcare officials need to take better approaches in treatment, instead of treating them like drug seekers.

Glad to hear you're alright. Scary stuff.

Anyone in BCT going to E3? Would be cool to meet some of you guys. Haven't been on here much, the YT has been taking off so been super busy balancing a full-time job and that.

Johndoey

Banned
Sorry if this is prying Hyper but do you know any specifics about the pneumonia? Was it bacterial, when did the symptoms first manifest for you etc.

D i Z

you think things will change for support characters? hilarious!

rB4Hux7.gif

Any change will be a welcome change. Support characters will have more leverage to get a little protection when people are held to task for team play.

Gotta believe!

tumblr_mexm29jXm11rtfgngo1_500.gif

Anyone in BCT going to E3? Would be cool to meet some of you guys. Haven't been on here much, the YT has been taking off so been super busy balancing a full-time job and that.

I usually end up going, but I don't ever make plans anymore since I'm local. They have so many public events now I don't even have to check my email for event access.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My buddy is going to that E3 live thing but I declined when he asked me to go with him. In hindsight I probably should have said yes.

Glad you're starting to feel better hypernima.

I wish I was, but I didn't get picked. I'm sort of pissed off because I was one of the first to sign up and started to save money up for it and then after not hearing anything for a while I asked about what's going on with E3 and he told me he picked someone else and I might go next year. I'm mad because it seemed like he wasn't even going tell me.

So I finally got to see Civil War.

YOOOOOOOOOOO!
THIS MOVIE WAS THE BOMb!

OH SHIT THAT FIGHTING! THAT FIGHTING SON! THE RUSSOS DID SOME KICK ASS SHIT WITH THAT CHOREOGRAPHY. OH SNAP, I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE GOING TO PUT GIANT MAN IN THAT SHIT AND THEY DID! OOOOOOOH!

Awwh and I liked how they edited Spider-man out in the trailers. That was real slick. Tom Holland did his thang as Spidey and he was in it more than I thought he was going to be.
OH SHIT, AND LET'S TALK ABOUT MY NEGRO BLACK PANTHER! BLACK PANTHER WHOOPED SOME ASS IN THIS BITCH! THEM HANDS HE LAID AND BUCK AND THE CREW.. FABULOUS, STRAIGHT FABULOUS! READY TO SEE HIS MOVIE NOW. LIKE DAMN!

I was a tumblr a while back and saw a gif of Panther's bodyguard saying "Move or you will be moved" with a comment saying with that one line, she outdid errybody, but in the actual movie it was from a side view and it didn't have any weight. Disappoint on that front, but that's a lil thang.

They even did the Scarlet and Vision romance which is weird. She ain't going to have his baby though and GOSH DAMN DID OL GIRL LAY THE HURT ON VISION! I WAS LIKE "DON'T YOU THINK YOU OVERDID THAT SHIT!" I actually liked homegirl in this. She was a whatever throwaway character in Ultron, but she had some shit to say in this one and her acting was decent.

They keep expanding on Falcon too. In Ant-Man they gave him the tech goggles and in this one his wings act like a shield and they integrated his pet Falcon in this, but instead of giving him an actual Falcon, they just gave him a drone that served the same purpose.

The takedowns in the end were hella cool and I can't wait for the next Russos movie, but I hope they won't get burned out after doing two of these back to back and then Infinity War's a two-parter so that's a lot of filming.

GOOD SHIT MARVEL. GOOD SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom