• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Fast forward to about 6 and I get a call from the owner of the store telling me how sorry he was, and how he will talk tot he employees and I get a free pizza next time I order.

Oh hell yeah.

my boss is afraid of me lololololololol

i voiced my discontent in the most polite way possible over the past 3-4 months regarding the whole gethitbyatruck situation and how things have been handled. after pulling a fucking MONTH of 3 24 hour shifts a week, he comes and tells me that i'll no longer be getting out of the army - despite the fact that i've already made plans with him, the brigade, VA, and my family.

so i voiced my discontent again and he gives me the whole "gee we sure are sorry but you know how things go! :D :) :| :D"

so i came in to work today with the only thing scarier than the angry black guy look, the omfghe'ssopissedhe'slaughing angry black guy look and dude avoided avoided me like the plague.
rofl

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are there elevators at work and would you need to take one for any reason? If so follow him into one and double down on stuck in the elevator with you.
Naw, he's got issues... He's so anti-confrontation that he'd rather look the other way entirely when it comes to protocol and not see me at all then risk having to talk to me one on one.

"You got anything going on today, DY?"
"lol... yeah."
":(. Gonna be in anytime today...?"
"i dunno. maybe. deal with it."
"ok. :|"

I've been polite as fuck with the guy for 4 months now, and he really is a good guy, but I swear... unless people see you as an angry black guy, they think you're comic relief negro. I had to set these people straight over the past two days.

Slayven

Foodamn I hate gimmick posters, not posters who post wacky shit. But those who just post annoyingly. The "brah" dude is killing me, and goddamn does he have the same interests I do so I see him in every thread I click.

Imm0rt4l

Hey guys, first time posting here. 19 years old, family's from Haiti, I haven't listened to too much music lately but I've loved instrumental hip hop I've heard so far for the most part like Nujabes, Glitch Mob, Onra. I've also liked Tycho. Wanna hear more from those guys when I can, especially Nujabes, heard a bit of his posthumous album and liked it.

Live in Boston...I love to draw cartoons and comics and stuff so I never really stopped being a nerd!

I'm tempted to make a comic strip out of this.
Welcome. How's Boston treating you? Probably one of the more racist cities that comes to mind.

Foodamn I hate gimmick posters, not posters who post wacky shit. But those who just post annoyingly. The "brah" dude is killing me, and goddamn does he have the same interests I do so I see him in every thread I click.

Yeah, I see him all the time in the comic and wrestling threads. WTF, brah...

Maron

Welcome. How's Boston treating you? Probably one of the more racist cities that comes to mind.

Hahah, really?! I've lived here my whole life so I wouldn't know. Life here is fine, I guess I'm lucky? I haven't lived in the safest places from what I've heard (Dorchester and South End before that), but I like it here. What've your experiences been here?

And thanks for the welcome!

Imm0rt4l

I know right I think he even called a few times , Anyway I smanged an hour later and called her a cab this morning broads be crazy :D

I like how she tried to front as if she hadn't already decided she would let you smang. Dat temptation. smh.

Hahah, really?! I've lived here my whole life so I wouldn't know. Life here is fine, I guess I'm lucky? I haven't lived in the safest places from what I've heard (Dorchester and South End before that), but I like it here. What've your experiences been here?

And thanks for the welcome!

Oh I see, I don't have any experiences myself, only going off what I've heard many times from my friends who have been there.

Writing on an online forum one woman complained: “Another of our men snatched”, while another wrote: “Really now Usain! Some successful black men obviously suffer a white woman complex. You too?”

I've been stealin' your mens since I was 15. Come at me sis.

DY_nasty

I can't even imagine what a 9.58 looks like...
I'm pretty sure Usain was going out with a black woman not too long ago, she was Jamaican too I think. So those saying he completely disregarded "local women" in favor of a white girl are wrong.
Once a traitor, always a traitor.

DY_nasty

it looked like a glitch tbh. inhuman.
like those madden CAPs w/ 99 speed and acceleration.

If I had been there to see it in person I probably would've shot myself to wake up from the dream and see my family again

Nothing like food, family and friends

pvcr9.jpg

DominoKid

Do you remember Save the Last Dance? The sister of main black dude is all "there are only so many good black men and then you white girls have to take them." That scene was like O_O.

from experience, the feeling is genuine even if it isnt as prevalent a phenomenon as we are led to believe.

I freaking hate the GMAT.

I will say this though; if I get into the b-school that I want in part because of my URM status, not a single fuck will be given.

from experience, the feeling is genuine even if it isnt as prevalent a phenomenon as we are led to believe.

Yup, I've heard my aunt say that many times, and even tell me I'd be in trouble if I ever brought a white chick to Thanksgiving dinner. She was making jokes, semi drunk, and winking when she said it but yea, I could tell she was being serious.

I've had black girls I know get salty when I said "Kate Upton is amazing" on facebook/twitter.

Maron

Yup, I've heard my aunt say that many times, and even tell me I'd be in trouble if I ever brought a white chick to Thanksgiving dinner. She was making jokes, semi drunk, and winking when she said it but yea, I could tell she was being serious.

I've had black girls I know get salty when I said "Kate Upton is amazing" on facebook/twitter.

Yeah, I've always thought the whole complex or whatever over that was odd. I guess you have to be a black woman to even begin to understand things like that...

Odd how prevalent it can be even when you think the girl your dealing with would be above that kind of thinking.

Fighting the good fight with reason. A man can't be taken out for a night on the town, by his own woman, without being a skirt chasing vagabond.

Yeah it's like really dudes? I can understand being upset about being lied to about anything but he chose the girl he's with and if he's honest and faithful who gives a fuck.

Top Bottom