• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blaze and Glenn Beck Countersue Tomi Lahren

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/15459/blaze-we-heck-tomi-lahren-talking-about-amanda-prestigiacomo

On Monday, conservative media platform TheBlaze and the company's founder, Glenn Beck, filed a counter lawsuit against conservative firebrand Tomi Lahren, alleging the 24-year-old "was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities." 

Lahren's behavior while representing TheBlaze was said to have "embarrassed" other employees, the suit further alleges. 

"Lahren was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities at TheBlaze," the suit claims. "Lahren’s treatment of the floor crew was inappropriate and unprofessional, constantly complaining about everything including but not limited to lighting, room temperature, editing, shooting, directing, etc."

As noted by The Daily Caller, the countersuit seeks to bar Lahren from "'making any public appearances without TheBlaze’s prior approval,' from publicly commenting about TheBlaze and from 'disparaging, criticizing, ridiculing, or making any negative comments about TheBlaze, Beck, or any of its or his employees or family members, or anyone else known by Lahren to be a friend or other associate of Beck.
'"

Is this what this what people mean when they say White genocide?

Zasa

giphy.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Woman hired because she's an unprofessional diva who yells at everyone about nothing

Woman sued because she's allegedly an unprofessional diva who yells at everyone about nothing

Whoever loses, we all win.

KDC720

Can't say I feel sorry for her, let it all burn down.

Though I suppose at the end of the day they'll find another young blonde female to spout their nonsense, and this time they will be sure to make her stay on brand.

Woman hired because she's an unprofessional diva who yells at everyone about nothing

Woman sued because she's allegedly an unprofessional diva who yells at everyone about nothing

Yeah her big thing is that she calls everyone "snowflakes."

Surprisingly she really didn't say much when she was on Bill Maher. She actually was kind of oddly quiet and respectful. I never really watched her show. Beck's show is more like a "morning zoo" type of program with Pat, Stu, and Jeffy.

Slayven

Did this even happen? I feel like it was announced then radio silence.
Looks like a bunch of corny skits or something, don't really want to dig much deeper than taht

Surprisingly she really didn't say much when she was on Bill Maher. She actually was kind of oddly quiet and respectful. I never really watched her show. Beck's show is more like a "morning zoo" type of program with Pat, Stu, and Jeffy.

Beck came from a morning zoo radio background, he sucked at it and became a pundit. Says a lot about Fox's audience

She was out of her league during that show.

Among other things, they say that her treatment of the floor crew on her show was “inappropriate and unprofessional,” as she was “constantly complaining about everything including but not limited to lighting, room temperature, editing, shooting, directing, etc.”

mshckd.gif

While I find it very easy to believe that Tomi is as shitty of a person off camera as on, this countersuit reads like it had to restrain itself from using the word "uppity."

cameron

She's young and obnoxious. She'll bounce back.

Lahren's behavior while representing TheBlaze was said to have "embarrassed" other employees, the suit further alleges.

"Lahren was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities at TheBlaze," the suit claims. "Lahren’s treatment of the floor crew was inappropriate and unprofessional, constantly complaining about everything including but not limited to lighting, room temperature, editing, shooting, directing, etc."

lol, basically.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
NBC basically did that to Conan during that fiasco. Seems pretty standard in situations like these.

Didn't they reach an agreement on his departure? Wasn't that part something he agreed to in exchange for monetary compensation?

Edit:
In all, O'Brien received a $45 million deal to leave NBC.[174] O'Brien received pay for the remaining two years of his contract (amounting to $33 million), with additional payments to Jeff Ross, Andy Richter and bandleader Max Weinberg.[175] The severance pay for his staff was above standard GE levels (amounting in all to $12 million), which O'Brien had stressed.[176] O'Brien paid around 50 stagehands and various crew members at least six weeks severance pay out of his own pocket, as NBC gave those particular staffers nothing in the settlement.[177] The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees has said that they were "very happy" with how O'Brien treated his employees during the conflict.[177] The contract contained a clause prohibiting O'Brien from making negative remarks about NBC for a certain amount of time;[176][178] it did not, however, contain the previously rumored "mitigation clause", in which NBC would be able to keep some of the severance pay after O'Brien finds a new program.[176] It stipulated that he may return to television on another network no earlier than September 1, 2010.[174][176]
-Source: Wikipedia

highrider

Banned
I had no idea not liking someone was cause for a law suit. Sounds like someone isn't taking the advice of their attorneys.

Not surprising she's a piece of shit who treats people "beneath her" poorly. You can see it in her face and hear it in her voice. Such traits usually don't matter as you climb up the entertainment ladder but she committed the cardinal sin of being pro choice in a company run by apocalyptic religious fanatics. Should have kept that to yourself champ. I doubt Bill O'Reilly and a host of other conservative commentators give a shit about abortion either, but they won't admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom