• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys season 4 trailer

mortal

Gold Member
Looking forward to it.
I'm disappointed about them putting Solider Boy on ice. The dude was such a fantastic character. Jensen Ackles killed it!

youre-a-fucking-disappointment-soldier-boy.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My issue with The Boys is this: every season Homelander is the major antagonist. And last season they tried to give us the "will they or won't they?" kill off Homelander. But we all know they won't because the show would suck without Homelander. So it's that perpetual dilemma to have a season built around the tension that Homelander brings to every scene because he could snap and kill everyone and the characters trying to figure out how to stop him but with you knowing there's no chance he'll actually be stopped because the show needs him.

Last edited:
My issue with The Boys is this: every season Homelander is the major antagonist. And last season they tried to give us the "will they or won't they?" kill off Homelander. But we all know they won't because the show would suck without Homelander. So it's that perpetual dilemma to have a season built around the tension that Homelander brings to every scene because he could snap and kill everyone and the characters trying to figure out how to stop him but with you knowing there's no chance he'll actually be stopped because the show needs him.
True. Homelander is just too iconic for the show. Arguably, the Homelander basically defines the Boys IP at this point. I don't even think that they will finish him off in the 5th season. Though it depends if other spin offs will take off or not.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I just enjoy watching Homelander be a complete cunt.

You're right of course I don't think they would ever kill him*.

Taking his powers away for a few episodes would be a fun watch though.

*until the show finale.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I expect there’ll be a redemption arc at some point where he becomes the good guy. Easiest way to keep him around.

Rockondevil

Hell yeah. Can't wait for more Homelander and I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan so I hope he's got a badass role.

More Soldier Boy would have been amazing too.

Lunarorbit

It's gonna take me a beat to get use to seeing jdm in The Boys. His face/mustache are too recognizable and take me out of my suspension of disbelief

Trilobit

I've watched all seasons of The Boys, but it's the equivalent of this cat:

iu

Lots of stuff going on, but the show doesn't really move anywhere. The show is still where it started. I'd have presumed that by this time the public image of Homelander would be completely destroyed and he would be terrorizing Earth or something.

Some of GAF now turning on The Boys?

I’m not sure what others aren’t seeing here…Slight hot take but I think they’re doing a fantastic job of building up other villain roles:

-Stormfront was technically the antagonist of Season 2 btw.
-Soldier Boy will now be a possible antagonist due to what happened at the end of his season
-Stan Edgar is a good business antagonist to use in the future
-Victoria Neumann is also becoming more of an antagonist(and now has a super weapon)
-Guardians of Godolkin(Pretty much a Jean Grey who talks about supes like Magneto and an unstable Hulk as her sidekick)
-The new Black Noir(probably a deadlier upgrade?)
-Sister Sage (the person talking to Homelander in the trailer)

I think people here aren’t used to a recurring villain for TV(and especially superhero TV) which Homelander is. Killing off the recurring villain too soon would be like Killing Lex Luthor in Season 1, killing off Joker in Batman TAS season 2, or killing off Magneto in X-men season 1.

You can have a decent amount of rogues while at the same time having a big bad in the background.

Fbh

Every season so far has been

"oooh boy Homelander is about to loose it....any moment now guys....watch out because he is about to snap!!!!"
It's 3 seasons of:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Homelander isn't the problem, the show is toothless and what was a savage quest for revenge is now just an edgier WB show. The second Queen Maeve became a normal human and plunged hundreds of feet out of a building with Soldier Boy I was done. I don't have time to waste on mediocre fiction applying toon force logic.

Between Fallout, Clarksons Farm S3 and now this prime is doing a good job keeping me subscribed.
I think that mainly their traditional fantasy shows are where they are suffering in quality. Rings of Power and Wheel of Time were both stinkers. I’ve found quite a few gems on prime when I look outside of that bubble.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is this show worth watching?

Not really. Season 1 had some interesting bits, but then they went increasingly more heavy handed on the political heavy handed writing, gore, and perverted nonsense. Story took a backseat and just kept running in circles without ever really moving forward.

The only thing the series has going for it at this rate is the blood, violence, and sex. It lost any nuance or interesting characters very early on.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think that mainly their traditional fantasy shows are where they are suffering in quality. Rings of Power and Wheel of Time were both stinkers. I’ve found quite a few gems on prime when I look outside of that bubble.
Rings of Power was always gonna be bad, they hired total noobs as showrunners of a billion dollar project.

Wheel of Time was the real disappointment, with SO MUCH lore to exploit, they could have really ripped though all the action of that series and made such a fun ride. Heaven forbid you focus on the male lead and fire a guy with some charisma for it.

clarky

Gold Member
Looks neat. But fuck ads on Prime. Off to the high seas when this releases.
You get an advert for usually another prime show before a program starts, and that's it. Well it is in my experience anyway.

I hate ads and i hardly notice them.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Jeffery dean morgan is pretty insufferable. The boys last season was pretty insufferable.

I like Karl urban. So I will give this a shot.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Jeffery dean morgan is pretty insufferable. The boys last season was pretty insufferable.

I like Karl urban. So I will give this a shot.
He still with Amber Heard? He must be a master at dealing with crazy if so.

Starlite looked better than that one Pic suggested, though she is a lot more plasticy looking versus her innocent look from s1.

jason10mm

Gold Member
hZteHP0.jpeg
W02bffk.jpeg

Could just be the make up accentuating her cheekbones and lips more

Versus s2ish
DjELCxd.jpeg

So long as she still fits that outfit I guess I don't really care what she does to her face....:p

Top Bottom